Draft Day 2 Thread: Discussion and Thoughts

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

So I guess  urban isn't a fan of cj henderson cuz that's 3 outside corners

Can’t have enough CB’s IMO. We saw what happened with our lack of depth last year.

Hendo couldn’t stay healthy, Sidney Jones can’t stay healthy. 

I guess I see if a corner is the pick it’s a real indictment on how terrible the front 7 personnel in this draft truly is. Barmore is going to take a slide do to mental health concerns.. he may slide out the top 45. Fields fell reportedly do to his inability to recall plays.. I want to see how that effects him going forward. 

Well, gonna watch a lot of Tyson Campbell today.

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

Is any one opposed to drafting Teven playing him at RT if he falls to 45 and kicking Taylor inside to right guard? 

I'm not opposed to it. But it doesn't sound like Urban/the FO has that thought process. Also doesn't seem like OL is high on our board of best available right now.

Fully expect a DB at 33. Moehrig or Campbell.

For some reason I get the sense Sidney maybe asked to play some FS this year.. I would probably prefer Moehrig at 33 but I’m just going to see. I like Holland and Richie as S prospects as well. They may slide to round 3. Campbell at 33 doesn’t pump me up and it doesn’t get me down either I kind of view him as a guy who may be a better pro than college player and he was pretty steady at UGA.

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

For some reason I get the sense Sidney maybe asked to play some FS this year.. I would probably prefer Moehrig at 33 but I’m just going to see. I like Holland and Richie as S prospects as well. They may slide to round 3. Campbell at 33 doesn’t pump me up and it doesn’t get me down either I kind of view him as a guy who may be a better pro than college player and he was pretty steady at UGA.

Seems like he would thrive in press coverage. I’m no scout tho lol

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Can’t have enough CB’s IMO. We saw what happened with our lack of depth last year.

Hendo couldn’t stay healthy, Sidney Jones can’t stay healthy. 

then why not pick a Slot guy and let Jones be the 4th DB and thus not playing as much and staying healthy. 

we need a SLOT guy more then an outside guy.  

currently we have 4 Guys who would be on pretty much on any teams 53 in some form(Griffin, Herndon, Henderson, Jones).  jones and herndon are the only 2 that have some slot abilities but neither are proven options at it and then u throw in the unproven Josiah Scott and the wildly inconsistent Claybrooks and its a big mess at potential slot guys. 

i also believe that losing so many CBs in  a  season is  a FLUKE . 

Edited by LinderFournette

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

then why not pick a Slot guy and let Jones be the 4th DB and thus not playing as much and staying healthy. 

we need a SLOT guy more then an outside guy.  

currently we have 4 Guys who would be on pretty much on any teams 53 in some form(Griffin, Herndon, Henderson, Jones).  jones and herndon are the only 2 that have some slot abilities but neither are proven options at it and then u throw in the unproven Josiah Scott and the wildly inconsistent Claybrooks and its a big mess at potential slot guys. 

i also believe that losing so many CBs in  a  season is  a FLUKE . 

Why would you take a slot guy basically late round 1? Get one later in the Draft.