> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

If nothing else, I sort of like Zappe and Leary as backup QB's. They both can seemingly throw it with some velocity and accuracy.

Where I'd feel comfortable drafting them:

Strong - Early 2nd if medicals check out
Corral - Mid/late 2nd
Ridder - Late 2nd
The Jurk - Late 2nd/early 3rd if wrist is not an issue
Pickett - Early/Mid 3rd if hands measure 9" at the SB. If those lollipop gloves are 8 7/8"- He off the board.
Willis - mid/late 3rd 
Howell - mid/late 3rd
Zappe - 4th
Nix - 5th
Leary - 5th

Haven't watched Tanner Mordecai.

Not touching Slovis or Armstrong. No ginger QB's. No USC QB's. No QB under 210 lbs. These are non-negotiable.

Good stuff and lol @ the last part.

Worst QB class since 2013 seems pretty accurate, right?

Hurts play today is exactly what we needed. Just barely good enough to pass on taking a QB early in the draft. Needs more of these games, and less "yea, we need a new QB asap" games.
If we go into 2022 with a QB depth chart of

1 Hurts
2 Minshew

or even

1 Minshew
2 Hurts

I'll take that over Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, or one of these incoming rookie QB's in round 1.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

We're now not only out of Thibodeaux range on that MIA pick, we're probably out of Hutchinson/Hamilton/Stingley range as well. CB or WR will likely be BPA for our 1st pick, and you can probably cross WR off our list, even if it's still a huge need. Guessing Howie goes hard after Sutton or some other WR in FA to pair with DeVonta regardless. Zero chance it's Davante Adams though. Could also see us trading for Michael Thomas while his value is tanked. Can't see him staying around NO.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

We're now not only out of Thibodeaux range on that MIA pick, we're probably out of Hutchinson/Hamilton/Stingley range as well. CB or WR will likely be BPA for our 1st pick, and you can probably cross WR off our list, even if it's still a huge need. Guessing Howie goes hard after Sutton or some other WR in FA to pair with DeVonta regardless. Zero chance it's Davante Adams though. Could also see us trading for Michael Thomas while his value is tanked. Can't see him staying around NO.

We were never in the Thibs range. Without a bluechip QB prospect he was always going to go #1. 

As long as we get a top 10 pick we’ll get a shot at Hamilton or Hutch.  I

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Sutton would be a nice addition.

Yeah Adams wouldn't come here unless Jalen goes off and impresses like he did today the rest of the way.
But if he doesn't get tagged you'd think he'll go to wherever Rodgers goes, if the salary cap can handle it.

Chances aren't high they'll be top 5 looking at their schedule, yeah. Need the Jets to step it up and steal one.

14 hours ago, Scalamania said:

We were never in the Thibs range. Without a bluechip QB prospect he was always going to go #1. 

As long as we get a top 10 pick we’ll get a shot at Hamilton or Hutch.  I

If teams actually draft BPA- Thib, Hutch, and Hamilton should be the first 3 picks.

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:
13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If teams actually draft BPA- Thib, Hutch, and Hamilton should be the first 3 picks.

But they don't which is why you'll likely see Neal, Ekwonu and a QB go ahead of Hutch/Hamilton. 

That's 3 picks. Thibs is 4. Who are the next 4-5 guys going before Hutch/Hamilton that will allow us to get one at pick 9 or 10 or 11.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's 3 picks. Thibs is 4. Who are the next 4-5 guys going before Hutch/Hamilton that will allow us to get one at pick 9 or 10 or 11.

Linderbaum, Green, Stingley, Leal, Booth, another QB, Jordan Davis, Cross, maybe Dean. I still think you'll see more QBs go in the top 10 than expected.

I'm not saying that Hamilton (who is my favorite prospect) isn't the best player in the draft but you and I both know that the position he plays is not as valuable as the others. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Linderbaum, Green, Stingley, Leal, Booth, another QB, Jordan Davis, Cross, maybe Dean. I still think you'll see more QBs go in the top 10 than expected.

I'm not saying that Hamilton (who is my favorite prospect) isn't the best player in the draft but you and I both know that the position he plays is not as valuable as the others. 

safety is more important than ever imo

When is the last time a C went top 10? 

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

eh, I think QB, OL, DL, CB and any offensive weapon is more important but that's just an opinion too. 

I think Safety is being recognized as more important, and in todays game have way more value, but yeah teams still tend to shy away from investing too much.

Problem is great safeties are rare, ones that are actually great at a lot of things even more so. 
Hamilton might not go top 2 because of it, but how rare a player like him is I have a hard time imagining he goes outside the top 6 unless teams get stupid for the QBs again. I'd say higher but A QB will go, Thibs, Neal, Stingley in the top 5 probably. So it really depends what teams are picking there.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think Safety is being recognized as more important, and in todays game have way more value, but yeah teams still tend to shy away from investing too much.

I think there is always exceptions to the rule. Tight ends typically hasn’t been a position that is valued super high in the draft like safety, but the position has become more important recently like I think safety has as well. But, Kyle Pitts last year was too much of a beast and something that doesn’t come around too often that it warranted it and I think Kyle Hamilton will be the same way. It wouldn’t shock me if he fell out of the top 5, but he’s not falling out of the top 10 that’s for sure. The lowest we’ll probably be able to get him with the Dolphins pick is likely 7 or 8 if I had to take a guess.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <