> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

I'd rather roll with Hurts for the entire 2022 season, see what he looks like next year, use all 3 picks on positions of need. Then waste another draft pick on a Rookie QB yet again in the upcoming draft.

*** a Rookie QB and the growing pains. I mean look at Mr. Generational down in Jacksonville struggle, it happens to most Rookies. Your supporting cast matters. Build around Hurts (for now) like Seattle and Dallas did with Russ and Dak then see.

I honestly don't see much difference from Rookie Dak and Hurts. The only difference between the two IMO was , Zeke and his 1 800yds rushing taking the pressure of Dak the game manager. Which ironically enough is exactly the excuse some of you are now making about the last 3 games and our rushing attack for Hurts. Funny how that works? 🤔

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd rather roll with Hurts for the entire 2022 season, see what he looks like next year, use all 3 picks on positions of need. Then waste another draft pick on a Rookie QB yet again in the upcoming draft.

*** a Rookie QB and the growing pains. I mean look at Mr. Generational down in Jacksonville struggle, it happens to most Rookies. Your supporting cast matters. Build around Hurts (for now) like Seattle and Dallas did with Russ and Dak then see.

I honestly don't see much difference from Rookie Dak and Hurts. The only difference between the two IMO was , Zeke and his 1 800yds rushing taking the pressure of Dak the game manager. Which ironically enough is exactly the excuse some of you are now making about the last 3 games and our rushing attack for Hurts. Funny how that works? 🤔

I mean, as it stands now I'd rather roll with Hurts next year as well, simply because I'm not sold on the QBs in next years draft. That doesn't mean I think he is a franchise QB, just that I don't think the QBs in the coming draft are either.

But you can't compare "struggles" of young QBs like Hurts and TLaw without factoring in their talent level.... They both are clearly different types of talents and I have much more faith TLaw will become a top guy in a couple years than Hurts because he has much better tools to work with.

Rookie Dak to Hurts are pretty significantly different in a lot of ways. Yes, Dak was much more of a game manager in Dallas his first 3 years than he is now... but he always was able to make every throw on the field easily and his accuracy was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Hurts was. Dak was(and still is to an extent) a see it and throw it guy. He needed guys to get separation in order to be successful. Because Dallas was a good team his rookie year, he thrived because he got to make a lot of easy throws. The difference with Hurts is he misses on the easy throws regularly. Yes, Dak was in a better situation, but it was pretty clear his rookie year that his talent level was significantly higher than what he showed in college likely because he played in a system that didn't help the QB a ton(in terms of draft stock). Meanwhile we have Hurts who played in the BEST QB orientated offense in college and most teams still had him as a fourth round pick because of his limited skill set.

Again, I might be completely off base and Hurts might develop much better than I think he will, but he doesn't even look remotely like a franchise QB to me.

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That doesn't mean I think he is a franchise QB, just that I don't think the QBs in the coming draft are either.

I think this is where the majority of this forum currently stands. 

I'll take Minshew over this incoming QB class. 

Also, this is bad- and I know that, but I want Hurts to get hurt for 2 weeks so I can see what Minshew looks like. Nothing major, no concussion, but like a 2 week long hammy pull for Hurts would be cool with me. I wanna see if the Shew fits. Does a new Shew help DeVonta, Quez, and Goedert put up better numbers? Would it actually be worse? I'm interested in the answer.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Danger said:

My grades are: 
WR Jahan Dotson: Late 1st-Early 2nd
S JaQuan Brisker: Early-Mid 2nd
LB Brandon Smith: Mid-Late 2nd 
EDGE Arnold Ebiukete: 4th (Very good pass rusher, but not incredibly well rounded at the NFL Level)
OT Rasheed Walker: Lat 4th - Mid 5th
LB Ellis Brooks: 6th-7th
DT PJ Mustipher: 6th-UDFA

I don't think any other names that have been tossed around should be drafted, e.g. Tariq Castro-Fields. Hard pass.

He looks like a 2nd rounder to me

17 hours ago, Danger said:

My grades are: 
WR Jahan Dotson: Late 1st-Early 2nd
S JaQuan Brisker: Early-Mid 2nd
LB Brandon Smith: Mid-Late 2nd 
EDGE Arnold Ebiukete: 4th (Very good pass rusher, but not incredibly well rounded at the NFL Level)
OT Rasheed Walker: Lat 4th - Mid 5th
LB Ellis Brooks: 6th-7th
DT PJ Mustipher: 6th-UDFA

I don't think any other names that have been tossed around should be drafted, e.g. Tariq Castro-Fields. Hard pass.

Walker is probably undraftable at this point. What a disaster of a season for him. 

I’d like to solve the puzzle

5.Aidan Hutchinson 
EDGE, 

10.Kenyon Green
IOL, 

15.Ahmad Gardner
CB, 

38.Jordan Battle
S, 

74. Jalen Wydermyer
TE, 

108. Merlin Robertson
LB, 

146. Justyn Ross 
WR, 

152. Josh Jobe
CB, 

172. Jeffrey Gunter
EDGE, 

198. Bubba Bolden
S, 

202.Damone Clark
LB,

Ima put this here for now because this is where the QB convo is happening, but i probably should clip all that out into it’s own  thread at some point 

Russell Wilson aims to have 20 year career.

one of the issues we’ve all had with trading for some of these QBs is how long the’ll stick around. This would put Russ at roughly a decade more after this year.

Wether he can or anyone wants him to is another thing. 

59 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ima put this here for now because this is where the QB convo is happening, but i probably should clip all that out into it’s own  thread at some point 

one of the issues we’ve all had with trading for some of these QBs is how long the’ll stick around. This would put Russ at roughly a decade more after this year.

I’d like to date 20 year olds for the rest of my life too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

ehhhh, let someone else trade for him and find out if he can or not. I know he's been an "iron-man" but at some point the body wears down and so do the skills. These guys see what Brady is doing and think they can do that too but don't realize he's just anomaly and to expect anyone to play at 40+ is unrealistic. 

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

ehhhh, let someone else trade for him and find out if he can or not. I know he's been an "iron-man" but at some point the body wears down and so do the skills. These guys see what Brady is doing and think they can do that too but don't realize he's just anomaly and to expect anyone to play at 40+ is unrealistic. 

Especially how integral movement in the pocket has been to him.

Just pertinent to the QB discussion. Would rather Russ if we HAVE to trade for a guy, over Watson or Rodgers.

46 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Especially how integral movement in the pocket has been to him.

Just pertinent to the QB discussion. Would rather Russ if we HAVE to trade for a guy, over Watson or Rodgers.

I'd still take Watson over Russ. I know I'm probably in the minority but Watson probably has 10 good years left in him where Russ probably has 2 or 3. 

FA Targets
Courtland Sutton WR (FA target #1)
Chris Godwin WR (prob gets extended?)
Mike Williams (prob gets tagged)
JuJu WR
Foyesade Oluokun OLB (FA target #2)
Anthony Barr OLB
DJ Chark WR
Christian Kirk WR
OJ Howard TE
Njoku TE
JC Jackson CB (Prob tagged?)
Donte Jackson CB (Prob tagged?)
Will Hernandez OG (Maybe Stout can bring him back to form?)

I'll guess Davante Adams goes to LV to re-unite with Carr.

Wonder if SF would do Miles and the Flacco pick for Aiyuk?

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <