2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Andrew Brandt -  I don't think the Saints make this trade with the Eagles without a second trade to go up already set up, assuming their guy is there on Draft Day. They clearly want a certain QB in the Draft and know where they think they can get him. They're not guessing. Just my thought..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Good then he'll be gone before we pick. BTW, 20 WRs ran faster than that at the combine. Where there is no home cooking when it comes to timing guys. So he's probably closer to a 4.6 guy. 

The 1000 yard season doesn't really mean too much. He may very well turn out to be a great player, time will tell. 

Who do you think that is?

58 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Michael Pittman Has No. 1 Wide Receiver Potential in the NFL, Leads Tier 2  - Fantasy Footballers Podcast

Pittman is an interesting comp, but I think London has a chance to be even better. Teamed with Rodgers' ball placement London would have a chance to put up some lofty numbers and be special in MLF's offense. London's back shoulder game is already elite, and the guy is only 20 YO. He is still growing into his body too. London might be the only WR that Gutes would spend a top 22 pick on in this year's draft on, but since he probably goes in the top 10 there probably is little chance, he becomes a Packer in this draft. We can dream for now though on what could be.   

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute is going to deal up for one of those top 5 WR's or so.  That WR room is laughable and needs a major talent infusion.  A few years back when the safety room was looking putrid he dealt up for Savage.  They won't mess around on draft day when it comes to WR.  They'll come out of the draft with 2-3 WR one way or another, and it won't be a bunch of mid to late rounders.

I sure hope not, there is not a single WR in this draft I would trade up for and hopefully Gutey feels the same. Moving up for Savage was a mistake in my opinion and most likely needs to be replaced. There will be good football players available at 22 & 28 if we just be patient and let the draft come to us. Now moving up in Rd 2 for a WR may be the best option. 

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd take him in a snap. He's got MVS written all over him - only faster. 
Nothing but WR's this draft. The more the merrier LOL

Be interesting to see how high he goes. That's some serious speed. I think we'll have to use one of our 2nds on him if we want a shot. WR is really going to go fast in this draft... EDGE aswell. There'll be plenty of reach picks.

4 minutes ago, R T said:

Pittman is an interesting comp, but I think London has a chance to be even better. Teamed with Rodgers' ball placement London would have a chance to put up some lofty numbers and be special in MLF's offense. London's back shoulder game is already elite, and the guy is only 20 YO. He is still growing into his body too. London might be the only WR that Gutes would spend a top 22 pick on in this year's draft on, but since he probably goes in the top 10 there probably is little chance, he becomes a Packer in this draft. We can dream for now though on what could be.   

Pittman isn't a good comparison either. 

London has a very good chance to be better. 

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

Be interesting to see how high he goes. That's some serious speed. I think we'll have to use one of our 2nds on him if we want a shot. WR is really going to go fast in this draft... EDGE aswell. There'll be plenty of reach picks.

Apparently he's got small hands - so his catching the ball may not be optimal (especially when the deep freeze comes town.....) - but from his highlight reel, he runs a more diverse route tree than MVS was tasked with - which may have been GB scheme....just saying.  He certainly has the frame that would accept more weight - he looks (now) like a slightly smaller version of Geronimo. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

MVS is 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier. 

As I mentioned in a different post - I'm presuming he'll be able to put on some weight - but you can watch his tape and see MVS in form and function.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

What's wrong with getting a better version of Lazard for the future?  Talking about London.  He may test like Lazard, but he plays better in college.  No reason to think that won't translate to the pro game.  When Lazard becomes "expensive", it would be nice to have someone on the roster to take over that role, on a rookie deal.

I do agree that getting a better Lazard for the future would be a good thing, especially since it's likely he is in his last season with the team. It doesn't change our immediate need to fill both the MVS and Adams roles though. If we do get London then I can also see us taking two more WRs in the draft to fill those spots and convert Amari into more of a scat back.

That said I can't imagine a world where London falls into range for us to scoop him up. I think the Jets second pick is his floor since they're so thirsty for WRs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

As I mentioned in a different post - I'm presuming he'll be able to put on some weight - but you can watch his tape and see MVS in form and function.

I just don't know how you can see the form and function of MVS without seeing the MVS body type. Those are indivisible in my eyes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pittman isn't a good comparison either. 

London has a very good chance to be better. 

Agree with you about the Pittman comparison, it was an attempt on my part of being diplomatic in case it wasn't just you trolling old guy. Lol

Just now, R T said:

Agree with you about the Pittman comparison, it was an attempt on my part of being diplomatic in case it wasn't just you trolling old guy. Lol

It wasn't a comparison to London.

It was a refutation to the "big guys with middling speed from USC can't work in the NFL" line.