2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The Packers discussion on this forum is so far ahead of all other forums and social media in terms of knowledge and Packers awareness and it's not even close. Kudos to you posters and moderators.

OK, what are you selling? 

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, do you like Malik Taylor or Juwann Winfree to step up?

Neither. 

RB's - Jones and Dillon 100 combined (that number might be light)

TE's - Current group 75 combined (these same TE's caught 72 and 77 passes the last two seasons. 

WR's - Lazard 60, Watkins 45, Cobb 45, Rodgers 25 is 175 

That is 350 total and could be debated that it is on the conservative side. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

Neither. 

RB's - Jones and Dillon 100 combined (that number might be light)

TE's - Current group 75 combined (these same TE's caught 72 and 77 passes the last two seasons. 

WR's - Lazard 60, Watkins 45, Cobb 45, Rodgers 25 is 175 

That is 350 total and could be debated that it is on the conservative side. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112d5da6bd4d563ae46a

But to be more serious.  That is fair. I have a difficult time thinking that Cobb and Watkins will combine for 90.  Neither can stay healthy.  Last season, RBs were 80 and change, in receptions.  I could easily see a higher number, especially if Jones does more "wr" things and Dillon and Patrick Taylor do more of the "rb" things.  

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd put money on at least one pure ST player being drafted this year.

That is interesting. The new ST's coach handpicked his new punter, and his contract says it is his job to have. They have 3 kickers on the roster right now and all 3 might be better than anyone in the draft this year. That leaves LS, I could see that but is there one worth drafting and is Gutes going to draft a 2nd LS in 5 years? He probably should, but I don't know about putting money on it. 

Edit: As I hit post on that I realized you might be talking about returners or a coverage demon also, that would raise the odds considerably. I think I agree with that side of it.   

Edited by R T

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Can't wait to watch #17 George Pickens and #87 Alec Pierce reenact this after a TD this year. 

Packers' Stars Nelson, Adams set Historic pace Heading into the Playoffs

It will be interesting to see who, if anyone gets those numbers on the 90 man roster. Pickens wore 1 in college, so he might want that, which is available. Pierce wore 12. That could be a problem. 

18 minutes ago, R T said:

That is interesting. The new ST's coach handpicked his new punter, and his contract says it is his job to have. They have 3 kickers on the roster right now and all 3 might be better than anyone in the draft this year. That leaves LS, I could see that but is there one worth drafting and is Gutes going to draft a 2nd LS in 5 years? He probably should, but I don't know about putting money on it. 

Edit: As I hit post on that I realized you might be talking about returners or a coverage demon also, that would raise the odds considerably. I think I agree with that side of it.   

Yeah.  I was leaving it kinda open-ended, but I also don't think that O'Donnell has the punter position locked.  They'll bring competition in.  McDuffie was a pure ST draft pick IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

It will be interesting to see who, if anyone gets those numbers on the 90 man roster. Pickens wore 1 in college, so he might want that, which is available. Pierce wore 12. That could be a problem. 

Packers basically consider #1 to be retired for Curly Lambeau even though never formally done. 

• Like 1