2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Well, thats a round a bout and convoluted way of saying you stand by it. That there's no difference between Olave and Metchie. So I'll just add my take: I disagree.

London and Watson are completely different type receivers IMO. They're less comparable (IMO) than Olave & Metchie - and while I think Metchie brings good things to the table, I think Olave the superior talent.

Well he did say "little difference" instead of "no difference", and I think he's right about value. I think we're just as likely to get a stud in round two as round one. Except Williams.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

One thing has nothing to do with the other

Newsflash for captain ignorant, we're not operating any differently than we ever have. We're managing the cap to fit Aaron's deal in and we're drafting for the future, per usual. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's fine. Let the Jets or someone else who isn't operating on a 2 year window draft him

That's an interesting concept.  Passing up on a superior player because they're not going to be ready for the first month or two of the season is a great way to get fired as a GM.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm going to laugh when we take an EDGE and a tackle in the first just so I can **** all over this narrative that we're operating under a certain window lol.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they took went EDGE and DB with their first two picks.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Newsflash for captain ignorant, we're not operating any differently than we ever have. We're managing the cap to fit Aaron's deal in and we're drafting for the future, per usual. Nothing has changed. 

Leave the personal attacks out of it.

4 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Well he did say "little difference" instead of "no difference", and I think he's right about value. I think we're just as likely to get a stud in round two as round one. Except Williams.

Fine....and I used the word "superior" in connection to Olave. I think he's a superior talent to Metchie. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

That's an interesting concept.  Passing up on a superior player because they're not going to be ready for the first month or two of the season is a great way to get fired as a GM.

Those are assumptions - and yes - the day they signed Rodgers and started adding void years to contracts - it changed things IMO

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm going to laugh when we take an EDGE and a tackle in the first just so I can **** all over this narrative that we're operating under a certain window lol.

I wouldn't rule that out in the least.  

Just now, CWood21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they took went EDGE and DB with their first two picks.

It's because it's a very real possibility. We're not going to pass up talent for need. We have a plan and that's why we've been able to be a good franchise for 30 years. We're not going to throw that to the side for some idea that we have a certain window (not directed at you, mind you). 

Just now, cannondale said:

Those are assumptions - and yes - the day they signed Rodgers and started adding void years to contracts - it changed things IMO

Answer this point blank.  If WR1 is Jameson Williams and you've got him graded out on a separate tier from WR2 (choose your WR of choice), do you take WR2 instead of Jameson Williams, yes or no?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Fine....and I used the word "superior" in connection to Olave. I think he's a superior talent to Metchie. 

I totally agree with that. But I still think we take an elite talent at another position and take Metchie at 59 rather than passing up on a better player to take Olave at 22. 

Even if Olave is the BPA at 22, trading down and getting two of the other top 19 or so WRs in this class later on could be the best way to build the roster for both the short and long term.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Answer this point blank.  If WR1 is Jameson Williams and you've got him graded out on a separate tier from WR2 (choose your WR of choice), do you take WR2 instead of Jameson Williams, yes or no?

I take WR2 at the appropriate draft spot.