2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

4picksinthetop59 -  I just can’t see them taking Burks in the first…Skyy Moore or Watson make much more sense for them at 28

• Ross Uglem -  If you can't see them taking Treylon Burks I have bad news for you about Skyy Moore.

Just want to say this is a hilariously bad take by the 4picks Twitter handle..."you know, I don't want to take an athletic project in the first...I want two other, less polished athletic projects."

One quick note I'll make about WRs...it's a position that I feel RAS is one of the worst predictors at future success. I don't want a slug out there, but if they're 5.5 or higher then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Very much a soft skill position.

Don't have detailed analysis yet to confirm it, just an observation when seeing the RAS scores of several successful ones.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

I think Watson shows better flexibility, ability to adjust, and better RAC.

Peirce is fast in a straight line.  We will see, but if I were picking between the two, it would be Watson.  Time will tell whose eyes are correct.

I dont think it's a matter of eyes, it's a matter of fit.  A guy like Watson goes to KC, he could  be somewhat successful.  He goes to Chicago and he's on milk cartons in 3 years.   A lot will depend on what the Packers want to do with their WRs, do they want to stay big, or do they want the waterbug types.   They are basically starting over so they can go whatever direction they like or have a combination of the two.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Stuff is overrated anyways. Kupp ran a 4.62 but he's smarter than the guy across from him so he's going to win, period. Meanwhile, guys who run 4.4s in shorts who can't run routes, stack or otherwise separate from a CB other than in a straight line race typically don't amount to much in the NFL.

There's a line somewhere. 

Dollars to donuts that kupp had run better 40s then that.

It's not everything. It's not nothing. It's also annoying when people post ones that aren't truly accurate to make it sound like it doesn't matter.

47 minutes ago, The Truth said:

this is your credible source?

What is the "source" for the 4.71?

The only thing I can trace back (I've done this before...) is wiki where the line is 

12dce8325e7601143bc9c35251c67cf6.png

Wow, def 100% ran 4.71 based on that.

And it gives 3 sources. 47, 48, 49 on that wiki page. Okay.

Here is 47

63fa59eeb0f72804c2bace4ff6b6db27.png

Where you get the 4.45

here is 48

". Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40, but the greatest receiver of all time couldn’t be caught in the open field."

Doesn't say where, when. Nothing. The whole beginning of the article is Gil Brandt being asked things, Brandt never said he was fast but he's quote saying he was never below 4.55. Never says he ran 4.71. 

Where is this number even coming from?

"To fine-tune his assessments, he goes to the video. After all, Jerry Rice ran the 40-yard dash in a relatively pokey 4.71 seconds, but you’d never know that by the way he played."

Just a throw away line. Not a source anymore than you are for posting it.

So we have no source no place no time for a 4.71. A head coach in the USFL saying 4.45. Bill Walsh quoted he broke 4.6. An actual article saying what he ran here in front of scouts a 4.5 down to 4.41

2021-06-15_14-31-14.jpg

Or a made up 4.71 that nobody knows where it came from and that the GOAT of the entire sport just happened to be slow as absolute ****.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Norm said:

What is the "source" for the 4.71?

The only thing I can trace back (I've done this before...) is wiki where the line is 

12dce8325e7601143bc9c35251c67cf6.png

Wow, def 100% ran 4.71 based on that.

And it gives 3 sources. 47, 48, 49 on that wiki page. Okay.

Here is 47

63fa59eeb0f72804c2bace4ff6b6db27.png

Where you get the 4.45

here is 48

". Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40, but the greatest receiver of all time couldn’t be caught in the open field."

Doesn't say where, when. Nothing. The whole beginning of the article is Gil Brandt being asked things, Brandt never said he was fast but he's quote saying he was never below 4.55. Never says he ran 4.71. 

Where is this number even coming from?

"To fine-tune his assessments, he goes to the video. After all, Jerry Rice ran the 40-yard dash in a relatively pokey 4.71 seconds, but you’d never know that by the way he played."

Just a throw away line. Not a source anymore than you are for posting it.

So we have no source no place no time for a 4.71. A head coach in the USFL saying 4.45. Bill Walsh quoted he broke 4.6. An actual article saying what he ran here in front of scouts a 4.5 down to 4.41

2021-06-15_14-31-14.jpg

Or a made up 4.71 that nobody knows where it came from and that the GOAT of the entire sport just happened to be slow as absolute ****.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder.

Okay, I'm going to type s-l-o-w-l-y for you, 40 times are often inaccurate whether from pro days or when in college, doesn't matter if the guy can play and separate. My original post was meant to illustrate that measurables don't necessarily correlate with greatness, that's all. That's why I am all for Burk's in the first because I think he can play well at the next level regardless of his 40 time.

Unfortunately, on this site many can't wait to argue and because they don't understand nuance end up missing the point. 

1 minute ago, The Truth said:

Okay, I'm going to type s-l-o-w-l-y for you, 40 times are often inaccurate whether from pro days or when in college, doesn't matter if the guy can play and separate. My original post was meant to illustrate that measurables don't necessarily correlate with greatness, that's all. That's why I am all for Burk's in the first because I think he can play well at the next level regardless of his 40 time.

Unfortunately, on this site many can't wait to argue and because they don't understand nuance end up missing the point. 

I started this entire thing saying it was off topic and how it isn't important, I literally said that. Then you called me the king of non sense or whatever, whoever the **** you are. And challenged me to show you that it isn't true. 

I like Burks too. I just wanted to further the point we need to stop using that Rice 4.7 thing bc it's just not real. Just like MJ was never cut from his HS basketball team etc. Nothing more.

You're the one that started it out like it was some personal *** thing. Whoever's dupe you are anyway.

• Like 2