Predict the Schedule 2021

swede700

11 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If Rodgers stays in GB, we're very likely not making the playoffs.

The saving grace is TNF is at home, but it's against a strong team

Even if Rodgers stays in GB, we're making the playoffs. The schedule after the bye is tough, but if they can go 5-6 or 6-5 in that stretch, they'll be in, because they're going 4-2 minimum before the bye.

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Even if Rodgers stays in GB, we're making the playoffs. The schedule after the bye is tough, but if they can go 5-6 or 6-5 in that stretch, they'll be in, because they're going 4-2 minimum before the bye.

I certainly don't share your optimism. The 3 individual road trips to the west coast and getting Pitts & Sea at home (which could turn into losses), I feel will put us behind the 8 ball

Edited by CriminalMind

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I certainly don't share your optimism. 

No, you don't...but I've basically said 11-6 since I first knew all the opponents, the order hasn't really changed my opinion.  The road games at Baltimore, SF, AZ, and even Carolina will be tough...but, I still don't fathom how people think the change in HC is going to change anything for the Chargers.  They should be a good team, but they are the NFL version of what the Clippers have been for most of their existence...they aren't playing in their own stadium and they don't have a significant number of their own fans.  It'll virtually be a home game for the Vikings, just as it was the last time when they were in the soccer stadium.  Now, even if Rodgers stays, for the 3rd year in a row under LaFleur, he's going to have to will that team to the division title.  I'm not sure if he can, or if he'll want to.  We'll have to see.  I may be delusional, but I think the Vikings' defense is going to be light years better, especially with fans back in the seats, and if the offense can even be close to what they were last year, they're going to the playoffs.

• Like 1

On a different note, I've tallied the points this morning...and I didn't cheat, but did win.   I thank all of you that did participate.  For the record, with the divisional games, it did matter whether you picked the home or away game, and if I recall correctly, that did affect a couple of us, myself included, as we picked the right divisional opponent, but the wrong location.  Here's the final totals:

@swede700 - 17 pts

@Robbroy45 - 15

@Virginia Viking - 13

@SteelKing728 - 11

@VikeManDan - 10

@CriminalMind - 7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

No, you don't...but I've basically said 11-6 since I first knew all the opponents, the order hasn't really changed my opinion.  The road games at Baltimore, SF, AZ, and even Carolina will be tough...but, I still don't fathom how people think the change in HC is going to change anything for the Chargers.  They should be a good team, but they are the NFL version of what the Clippers have been for most of their existence...they aren't playing in their own stadium and they don't have a significant number of their own fans.  It'll virtually be a home game for the Vikings, just as it was the last time when they were in the soccer stadium.  Now, even if Rodgers stays, for the 3rd year in a row under LaFleur, he's going to have to will that team to the division title.  I'm not sure if he can, or if he'll want to.  We'll have to see.  I may be delusional, but I think the Vikings' defense is going to be light years better, especially with fans back in the seats, and if the offense can even be close to what they were last year, they're going to the playoffs.

I don’t think you are being delusional. I agree the defense will be greatly improved and that make a big difference. I see us around that 11-6 mark and into the playoffs as well. We may not be a Super Bowl level team, but I think our offense/defense (hopefully ST, too) will make us a tough out in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I may be delusional, but I think the Vikings' defense is going to be light years better, especially with fans back in the seats, and if the offense can even be close to what they were last year, they're going to the playoffs.

I think anything lower than a top-10 scoring defense would be disappointing.

Colts were #10 last year at 22.6 PPG

Vikings were #29 at 29.7 PPG

With the additions we made via FA and getting players back healthy I don't think you're being delusional at all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Fun little game thanks for putting it together @swede700. I think I had 12 points though.

Week 7: BYE (3)

Week 9: @ Los Angeles Chargers (2) - play in week 10

Week 11: vs. Green Bay (3)

Week 13: vs. Pittsburgh (2) - play in week 14

Week 18: @ Green Bay (2) - play in week 17

Thanks for double-checking...so move yourself ahead of Steve in the standings then.  ;)

• Like 2

I suspect that defense will be somewhat better in 2021; but, I suspect that the real improvement will come in 2022.  I think the offensive line will be better in 2021, but probably much improved in 2022.  All my thinking supposes that the new starters on either side of the ball will have some adjusting to do.  Rookie starters I assume will have the most adjustment, especially on the offensive line, and it will take longer for them.  The strength of our schedule is concerningly impressive, plus I think we have seen both the Bears and the Lions have fairly good off seasons.  I think my ceiling for this team in 2021 will be 10 wins.  If they win more it'll be because of a better start to the season than expected.  All of this is my opinion...and I'm always pessimistic.  It hurts less when they live up (or down) to my expectations.

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

I see 3-3 but I'm probably higher on Cleveland than you are. I think we lose to AZ and Seattle. Wins against Cin, Det, and Car

21 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I see 3-3 but I'm probably higher on Cleveland than you are. I think we lose to AZ and Seattle. Wins against Cin, Det, and Car

I'm with you on losing to AZ, but actually think they'll lose at Carolina and beat Seattle.  They should have lost to Carolina last year...I think Cleveland is good, but the game is at home and the crowd is going to be loud.  That's going to be enough of a difference.  

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

An interesting nugget I saw in it...

Beginning in 2022, each team is guaranteed to play internationally at least once every eight years. In addition to current existing games in Mexico and the United Kingdom, the league will schedule international games in Canada, South America, and more European cities. Clubs can still volunteer to play home games abroad if they choose, just as they have been able to in previous seasons.

43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

An interesting nugget I saw in it...

Beginning in 2022, each team is guaranteed to play internationally at least once every eight years. In addition to current existing games in Mexico and the United Kingdom, the league will schedule international games in Canada, South America, and more European cities. Clubs can still volunteer to play home games abroad if they choose, just as they have been able to in previous seasons.

The 17th game should be at a neutral site in another country. That way no team has to give up a home game for it. Every team has 8 home, 8 away, and 1 neutral.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

The 17th game should be at a neutral site in another country. That way no team has to give up a home game for it. Every team has 8 home, 8 away, and 1 neutral.

I agree...it's the only thing that makes sense.  Hopefully, we'll get there at some point in our lifetime (although we may get the 18th game before that happens).  I'd much rather see the Vikings play the Chargers in Vancouver, Berlin or Salt Lake City than see them play it in LA or Minnesota.  

• Like 1