UDFA Thread

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'm still very surprised that guys like Marvin Wilson and Dylan Moses were undrafted. Definitely would have been happy to land either one of them. 

What a fall Moses had two seasons ago he was projected as first round pick. Injuries derailed that man's career. I'm sure he makes the Jags. 

41 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Interesting prospects. Don't know how many actually have a chance of making the team....but that's one reason we watch preseason games, right?

I think Watkins has the best chance. Hilliard has a up hill battle but the guy is talented he just has had a ton of injuries. 

18 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think Watkins has the best chance. Hilliard has a up hill battle but the guy is talented he just has had a ton of injuries. 

I was watching some Watkins cut ups this morning and I'm impressed with him. I think he definitely has a chance to stick with the team or at least, get on the PS.

What I like:

• Strong hands
  • Not a body catcher
  • Physical route runner and physical after the catch
  • Plays like he's 6'5 with jump balls. Lots of confidence here and with contested catches
  • Doesn't shy away from contact - he hunts for it like Deebo

What I don't like:

• He's not a twitched up athlete, but he thinks he is. Rather than use his strength to go through weak tackles, he dances like he thinks he can make people miss
  • Can be indecisive with the ball in his hands. Has lots of potential to be a YAC guy in the mold of Deebo, but he thinks he's Aiyuk - he's not

He's not Kendrick Bourne. I know people want to make that comparison because of their similar situations (undrafted WR with good hands), but he's more inline with the kind of receiver we've been targeting the last two years - strong, physical YAC WR. Bourne was more of a reliable possession guy who finds holes and sits. I see Watkins being more of a natural fit into our scheme. 

• Like 2