Fantasy Football 2021

When is the earliest you would take Saquon Barkley and Jonathan Taylor?

Sounds like Barkley might be brought on slowly and given his OL/offense and his own injury issues...

We dont REALLY know how long Wentz/Nelson are out but if its somewhere in the middle of the 5-12 week timeframe, assuming no change in QB situation as well

I'm having a hard time seeing myself take them in Round 1 maybe even early R2. Is that too much?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When is the earliest you would take Saquon Barkley and Jonathan Taylor?

Sounds like Barkley might be brought on slowly and given his OL/offense and his own injury issues...

We dont REALLY know how long Wentz/Nelson are out but if its somewhere in the middle of the 5-12 week timeframe, assuming no change in QB situation as well

I'm having a hard time seeing myself take them in Round 1 maybe even early R2. Is that too much?

If Barkley makes it to the end of the first early 2nd Im taking him, JT somewhere in the middle 2nd early 3rd. I also play PPR leagues.

I wasnt all the thrilled with JT earlier in the year but not Im even lower on him

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If it was Non PPR would it change though?

Probably not If It did Id drop JT a little lower but keep Saquon as is, I may be in the minority but I view Saquon as a potential league winner this year if people are fading him because of his injury.

Personally I would drop JT into the Mixon, CEH, JK Dobbins tier but would have him first in said tier but I have been bearish on him during the entire process.

Edited by mattyice0401

43 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Probably not If It did Id drop JT a little lower but keep Saquon as is, I may be in the minority but I view Saquon as a potential league winner this year if people are fading him because of his injury.

Personally I would drop JT into the Mixon, CEH, JK Dobbins tier but would have him first in said tier but I have been bearish on him during the entire process.

I get that he has that potential i just cant stomach betting on a guy who isnt 100% already that also has injury concerns even when 100%

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm in a league with a super flex meaning we can start two QB. Should I go two QB's early?

I play mostly Superflex, so take it for what that’s worth.For me, I aim to get my 2 QBs in the 1st 4 rounds (usually 2 by round 3, but play the draft board), with 1 in at least the first 2.  I’ll also snag a third high upside QB (thinking I’ll go after the rookie Lance this year as my 3rd).

I usually semi punt the WR position and get 2RBs and 2QBs by round 4. After that, it’s best available, so it’s not totally unheard of me to draft my 1st wr in round 6 in a Superflex.  I’m pretty flexible with my TE spot…. Players drop pretty far in Superflex as QBs get gobbled up shockingly fast.

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that he has that potential i just cant stomach betting on a guy who isnt 100% already that also has injury concerns even when 100%

Anyone can get hurt so the previous injury history doesnt bug me all that much, And I get it there is a case where it may take him a few weeks to get back to a full go but modern medical science has improved so much injuries dont necessarily scare me all that much to where I would fade someone thats been injured the year prior. My own philosophy obviously.

12 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone can get hurt so the previous injury history doesnt bug me all that much, And I get it there is a case where it may take him a few weeks to get back to a full go but modern medical science has improved so much injuries dont necessarily scare me all that much to where I would fade someone thats been injured the year prior. My own philosophy obviously.

I get that injuries can be overblown but the fact is he has had 2 seasons ended with injuries where he was drafted very high means he wasnt worth it. Anyone that should be 100% by start of the season and isnt is a cause for concern although since we are talking end of R1/early R2 the expectations should be lowered alot

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Seems like an obvious question but I'm in a 3 WR-2 RB-No Flex league, are WRs THAT much more valuable? I suppose RB depth isnt nearly as important since you just have to start 2 and never 3?

Full ppr?

If so, I’d definitely say so.

OF course it’s semi dependent on draft order but going anchor RB might be the way to go...get 1 sure fire RB1 then go WR heavy.