2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's on pace for 7,000 yards and our RB's are averaging 2.2 ypc

I think this is one of those arguments where you focus on the numbers and I focus on the context. That's why you thought the Raiders would get shut down by the Steelers because the bills did because of Josh Allen stats from last year. like I mentioned then, stats don't always tell you why something is happening. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

It's been 2 games. 1 without their lead RB.  And the Ravens and Steelers front 7's are among the best in football. Consistent run stuffing defenses. To early to judge harshly 

Right I would want to see what we look like against regular defenses that don't historically blow up the run game

On 9/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, big_palooka said:

It's been 2 games. 1 without their lead RB.  And the Ravens and Steelers front 7's are among the best in football. Consistent run stuffing defenses. To early to judge harshly 

We're already going to have to start 3 backup OL and Andre James who hasn't looked very good. We'll see how the season progresses but the run blocking thus far has been terrible. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:28 AM, Jeremy408 said:

I think this is one of those arguments where you focus on the numbers and I focus on the context. That's why you thought the Raiders would get shut down by the Steelers because the bills did because of Josh Allen stats from last year. like I mentioned then, stats don't always tell you why something is happening. 

I didn't think we'd get shut down by the Steelers, I just mentioned that they had shut down their passing game the week before, lol. The Bills ran the ball well against the Steelers. 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:11 AM, NYRaider said:

Josh Allen passed for 4,500 yards last season, Lamar has passed for 5,800 yards the last two seasons combined. The Steelers have an elite defense, they didn't allow 30+ once last season. 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:15 AM, Jeremy408 said:

I think I figured out where our disagreements come from. You look at things from a statistical perspective(what someone does) and I look at things from like an x’s & o’s perspective(why and how someone does what they do.

and yes their defense is a problem. There are going to be a problem too if we don’t rush the passer.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't think we'd get shut down by the Steelers, I just mentioned that they had shut down their passing game the week before, lol. The Bills ran the ball well against the Steelers. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I said they just shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL, I never said that we were going to get shut down, lol. And for the most part they did limit our offense, we had 9 points at half time and it was a 16-14 game in the 4th quarter before Carr's deep strike to Ruggs.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, NYRaider said:

The Bills were #2 in both yards per game and points per game last season. The Bills don't have a workhorse back but they averaged 108 rushing yards per game last year, we averaged 119. Cole Beasley was almost a 1,000 yard WR last year and Gabriel Davis had 600 yards/7 TD. Not to mention they also added Emmanuel Sanders this off-season who had a solid year for the Saints. 

The Steelers defense is elite, they didn't allow 30+ in a single game last year and held opponents under 24 points in 9/16 games. They were third in both points allowed/yards allowed and second in takeaways. Watt, Alula, Hayward, and Ingram is a very good defensive front that can generate pressure without having to send extra guys on blitzes. 

On 9/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, NYRaider said:

The Bills aren't the Raiders, they were 3rd in both passing yards and passing TD last season. Diggs had 1,500 yards, Beasley had nearly 1,000 yards, Davis had 600 yards, and they just added Emmanuel Sanders. Waller had almost every target outside of our RB's through the first 3.5 quarters last week.

@NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So at what point did I say we were going to get shut down? As I just mentioned they did completely shut down our running game and it was a 16-14 game in the 4th quarter before Ruggs made a huge play. 

“the bills are not the Raiders”+” The Steelers shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL“= The bills are gonna shut down the Raiders lol

Also LOL you can’t try to cover your bases by trying to say when did I say those exact words and then say those exact words right after to try to prove your point from last week at the same time 😂😂😂

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

“the bills are not the Raiders”+” The Steelers shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL“= The bills are gonna shut down the Raiders lol

Also LOL you can’t try to cover your bases by trying to say when did I say those exact words and then say those exact words right after to try to prove your point from last week at the same time 😂😂😂

Do you think that was a great offensive performance? And weren't they without Watt, Haden, Bush, and like 3 other defensive starters? lol

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think that was a great offensive performance? And weren't they without Watt, Haden, Bush, and like 3 other defensive starters? lol

Uh Oh here comes the excuses. 

you’re a raider fan so do you really think I need to remind you who we didn’t have in the game: 

we have neither of our starting guards

are starting tackle who was a rookie in the first place got injured in the middle of the game leaving a guy in there that none of us in this forum(and the entire raider fan base as a whole )don’t even like as a back up

our starting running back

With our team being basically one dimensional whole game Derek Carr through for nearly 400 yards two touchdowns no interceptions hitting eight different targets. (On a short week where they had to travel across the country and play a team in one of the most storied stadiums in history of sports)

oh another reality is the Steelers have better depth on defense than we do one offensive line 

they lose TJ Watt but Melvin Ingram is leading the league in pressures I believe(remember they still have Cameron Hayward)

They lose bush but they still have 41 and Joe Schobert

Joe Haden at this point in the career is a Player where are you go “we dont have Joe Haden so we’re gonna lose now”(remember they have two pro bowl safeties)

we were practically left with

Colton Miller A left guard that I started less than five games

A Center that started in less than five games

A right guard who we picked up off the street who actually plays right tackle 

if you go this route a completely collapses on itself

LOL it’s OK to just admit just you were wrong

Edited by Jeremy408