2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 9/25/2021 at 12:44 PM, Humble_Beast said:

R1- DeMarvin Leal - DT - stud interior pass rusher! infusion of talent for the DL

R2- Cade Mays - G - plug in play mauler to to the interior of the offense line

R3- Jordan Davs DT- ill add trenches first 3 rounds. could also be another lineman because I think Brandon Parker walks next offseason for a chance to start somewhere. Could redshirt a year before taking Hankins spot. revamp the DTs

R4- Jake Haener QB- need to end the Peterman experiment. This kid Haener is so accurate with a good ball. Would be a top 10 pick if he was bigger (small). be a nice developmental QB, not sure if we can keep MM long term... went to same school as DC, could be a perfect QB2 in time. 

free agency: G, LB (this system calls for talented athletic LBs who cover space), maybe CB (Hayward been ballin), maybe WR (see how Edwards produces)

Jordan Davis is going to be a 1st/2nd round pick, he's been balling this season. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jordan Davis (DT, Georgia), Tyler Linderbaum (C, Iowa), Kenyon Green (OL, Texas A&M), Ikem Okwonu (OL, NC State), Zachary Carter (DT, Florida) are all guys that would be excellent additions. 

Have been so busy this year I haven't looked at draft prospects yet. Would be great to solidify both lines though.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Have been so busy this year I haven't looked at draft prospects yet. Would be great to solidify both lines though.

More veteran talent on the offensive line please. We decided to bring in a ton of veterans on the DL while going with a youth movement on the OL, what's happened? The DL has balled out and the OL has been below average. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

More veteran talent on the offensive line please. We decided to bring in a ton of veterans on the DL while going with a youth movement on the OL, what's happened? The DL has balled out and the OL has been below average. 

I think Simpson will be a viable starter by season end. That being said, we need a center and potentially another guard/tackle. Draft one and sign another.

22 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

But yeah a defensive tackle getting 7 or 8 sacks is like 11 or 12 sacks for a defensive end. So that being said 11 million is actually a lowball deal for a defensive tackle that's able to give us that 

For a 3T that can get 8-10 sacks that is a good deal as long as they are not a liability in the run game.

RT may still be a need if Leatherwood doesn't improve by year's end. I would consider drafting a high floor prospect on day two who could also slot it as guard. That way, if leatherwood does pan out, the draftee could start at guard. If Leatherwood doesn't pan out, the draftee could play right and Leatherwood could slide inside.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

RT may still be a need if Leatherwood doesn't improve by year's end. I would consider drafting a high floor prospect on day two who could also slot it as guard. That way, if leatherwood does pan out, the draftee could start at guard. If Leatherwood doesn't pan out, the draftee could play right and Leatherwood could slide inside.

This what we should have been doing the past 3 years when we had all the high paid o-linemen.  Would have had a much smoother transition and had depth.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I know it would be huge for the team but if you have a guy with great pass rush but gets blown out of the run game that will limit his snaps to the point that it is not really worth the money.

Solomon Thomas has historically always been good at stopping the run. That was never his issue actually. 

20 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Solomon Thomas has historically always been good at stopping the run. That was never his issue actually. 

I am not saying to sign or not sign any particular player.  I am saying that if we are going to spend that much we should not limit the search to just the players on the team right now.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying to sign or not sign any particular player.  I am saying that if we are going to spend that much we should not limit the search to just the players on the team right now.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. It's got to be somebody that doesn't need to be rotated no doubt. 

• Like 1

Solomon Thomas has been lights out, let's see if he can keep it up. updated draft needs going into week 4:

• G - this unit needs to be upgraded. Richie is done, Good had a shot to start and couldn't hold up. Haven't seen much from Simpson to be confident. he will get the rest of the year to start laying guys out. 
  • C - James is looking like a flop 
  • NT- Hankins going be 30. should groom players when players hit their 30s, Dts need a year or 2 to get acclimated to the NFL 
  • CB- Hayward is old for a corner, and Arnette was drafted by the last Cordinator. I could see him getting packed next offseason. Hobbs has been a darn steal, prolly could use one more in there 
  • T- Brandon Parker prolly leaves for a chance to start somewhere. would have no depth at such an important position. this could be filled by a free agent 

would be nice if we could flip Ferrell for Jaylon Smith. As Max is rising to stardom and Nassib is actually having a solid season and our 3rd best DE. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Solomon Thomas has been lights out, let's see if he can keep it up. updated draft needs going into week 4:

• G - this unit needs to be upgraded. Richie is done, Good had a shot to start and couldn't hold up. Haven't seen much from Simpson to be confident. he will get the rest of the year to start laying guys out. 
  • C - James is looking like a flop 
  • NT- Hankins going be 30. should groom players when players hit their 30s, Dts need a year or 2 to get acclimated to the NFL 
  • CB- Hayward is old for a corner, and Arnette was drafted by the last Cordinator. I could see him getting packed next offseason. Hobbs has been a darn steal, prolly could use one more in there 
  • T- Brandon Parker prolly leaves for a chance to start somewhere. would have no depth at such an important position. this could be filled by a free agent 

would be nice if we could flip Ferrell for Jaylon Smith. As Max is rising to stardom and Nassib is actually having a solid season and our 3rd best DE. 

This is the most accurate list of anyone’s put up so far imo based on where we are now.

These are definitely the needs but say were picking later in the first round(because the hope is we make the playoffs) I would be trying to get the highest rated dlineman for where we’re picking. That way we keep the rotation strong. kind of like the Giants used to do

I also think with corner their grooming Damon Arnette to replace Casey Hayward and some kind of primary backup fashion. That being said say there is a freak of nature corner that falls for some reason like the Vtech guy this year. Because we don’t have as many needs I would take him. Also it wouldn’t be a bad idea to find some high potential third round corner like the Stanford guy and just kind of see what happens. 

I feel like if Casey Hayward keeps playing like this we’re still not gonna resign him