2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing though is I feel like drafting a guard is cheaper and you don't need to necessarily do first or second round to get a starter 

James Carpenter was a pretty similar prospect to Alex Leatherwood as an Alabama OT that Cable took in the 1st round. He started his rookie season at OT and then slid inside and started at OG for the Seahawks for years. Obviously it's still wait and see with Leatherwood but he does have experience at OG. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

James Carpenter was a pretty similar prospect to Alex Leatherwood as an Alabama OT that Cable took in the 1st round. He started his rookie season at OT and then slid inside and started at OG for the Seahawks for years. Obviously it's still wait and see with Leatherwood but he does have experience at OG. 

I see it more as like a position value thing. Guard is super cheap in the NFL. You can get a good one in the draft in the fourth round

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I see it more as like a position value thing. Guard is super cheap in the NFL. You can get a good one in the draft in the fourth round

But if Leatherwood struggles this season you may want to slide him inside to OG. Which then creates a need at OT. Our perceived notion that LB/OG can be found later in the draft hasn't worked that well for us. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But if Leatherwood struggles this season you may want to slide him inside to OG. Which then creates a need at OT. Our perceived notion that LB/OG can be found later in the draft hasn't worked that well for us. 

I never said that for linebacker. That was actually a Gunther idea LOL. Guard though I’ve said it 1000 times on here: that is the canon fodder position of the NFL. Think about it. Denzel good gets hurt so what we do is we put the other back up tackle in there to play guard. Denzel good was a tackle that got switched a guard for the same reason. Nick Martin could probably play guard in a pinch but he’s a center. It’s the entry-level oline position of the NFL. It’s why really good 3T are premium in the NFL. Because a really good one can dominate guards Because most teams just put anybody in there LOL

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I never said that for linebacker. That was actually a Gunther idea LOL. Guard though I’ve said it 1000 times on here: that is the canon fodder position of the NFL. Think about it. Denzel good gets hurt so what we do is we put the other back up tackle in there to play guard. Denzel good was a tackle that got switched a guard for the same reason. Nick Martin could probably play guard in a pinch but he’s a center. It’s the entry-level oline position of the NFL. It’s why really good 3T are premium in the NFL. Because a really good one can dominate guards Because most teams just put anybody in there LOL

And our running backs had 16 carries for 45 yards (2.8 ypc), so do you think our guards were effective in run blocking?

On 9/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jeremy408 said:

With the way this Defense works I would draft the best dlineman available when you pick in the first round every year. 

I'd draft DL in top 3 rounds every year with this Defense. Also an OL 3rd or 4th round for depth. So I'd really only have 2 picks in 4 rounds to get what I need outside of building in the trenches. Would be a solid plan because you'll probably miss more than you hit. 

So LT 1st round 2nd if one falls that you thought was 1st. RT is 3rd for me but reaching into 2nd is fine butwe had a 'need' this year so 1st it is. lol

C/G 2nd for starter 3rd/4th for depth year 2/3 starter.

DT/DE Always a 1st for starter all else 2/3

Avoid LB/S/TE and maybe RB in 1st. 

Some of the potential prospects I like

• Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M

• DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M

• Drake Jackson, Edge, USC

• Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

• Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinatti 

• Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia

• Zachary Carter, DL, Florida

• Christian Harris, LB, Alabama 

• Ikem Ekwonu, OG, NC State

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some of the potential prospects I like

• Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M

• DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M

• Drake Jackson, Edge, USC

• Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

• Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinatti 

• Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia

• Zachary Carter, DL, Florida

• Christian Harris, LB, Alabama 

• Ikem Ekwonu, OG, NC State

I would like to see the Raiders just keep drafting defensive lineman in the first round

• Like 2

Christian Harris Would be my early favorite. LB is such an important part of this cover 3 defense. Need someone that can be able to carry a WR vertically. Wagner and Fred Warner two guys that have ran this cover 3 defense and they do it perfectly. 

OG will be a need but they do have Good signed for the 2022 season. Simpson does have a lot of upside down maybe not an early pick but definitely a position in the later rounds. 

Ahmad Gardner is another interesting player. Look at his frame and long arms would be ideal fit in this defense. 

50 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Christian Harris Would be my early favorite. LB is such an important part of this cover 3 defense. Need someone that can be able to carry a WR vertically. Wagner and Fred Warner two guys that have ran this cover 3 defense and they do it perfectly. 

OG will be a need but they do have Good signed for the 2022 season. Simpson does have a lot of upside down maybe not an early pick but definitely a position in the later rounds. 

Ahmad Gardner is another interesting player. Look at his frame and long arms would be ideal fit in this defense. 

If I could grab one player it would be a DT. Leal is really good. I want a dominant front 4.