2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I have the Bears going 10-7 and having the #1 Defense. Think their defense will stay healthy for once. Jaylon Johnson will ascend even further. And Mack is due for a monster year. 

Jaylon Johnson didn't play that well last season, not sure why Raiders fans hype him up so much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jaylon Johnson didn't play that well last season, not sure why Raiders fans hype him up so much. 

He played solid for a rookie last year. Probably second best rookie corner next to only Sneed on the Chiefs, that guy was super solid. 

No, don’t care what PFF says. 

For 2020:

1) Sneed

2) Johnson

3) Terrell

4) Henderson

5) Diggs

Okudah, Arnette, Noah, Gladney, and Fulton were so bad they aren’t even worth ranking. 

I fully admit though that Rookie CB seasons don’t mean very much. We’ll find out this year who’s actually good. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

He played solid for a rookie last year. Probably second best rookie corner next to only Sneed on the Chiefs, that guy was super solid. 

No, don’t care what PFF says. 

For 2020:

1) Sneed

2) Johnson

3) Terrell

4) Henderson

5) Diggs

Okudah, Arnette, Noah, Gladney, and Fulton were so bad they aren’t even worth ranking. 

I fully admit though that Rookie CB seasons don’t mean very much. We’ll find out this year who’s actually good. 

Johnson started strong and then started getting fried. 

On 5/31/2021 at 5:13 PM, Jeremy408 said:

I mean yeah but it's not even just that. Cooper gets paid more than players that are more talented than him like Tyreek Hill Mike Evans Stephon Diggs Odell etc.

O'Dell hasn't done anything since the catch.

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s not surprising.... he plays on a good defense and has talent but not so talented he could sustain that level of play.

Or because he's a rookie and rookies tend to wear down year 1 in the NFL seeing they play more games than they do in college. Pff had him number 1 at mid season.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 11:09 PM, Jeremy408 said:

According to what? Josh Allen’s best season before diggs showed was 3000 yards passing. So...

I think Diggs would have a very good year playing with Carr but at the same time I do not think Diggs made Allen a top 5 QB.  Allen had big improvements from year 1 to 2 and year 2 to 3.  Now I do believe Allen is a better QB than Carr but Diggs would be the #1 WR in Vegas and possibly the #1 pass catcher.  You could also view it from the perspective that Cousins improved after Diggs left and Diggs had a big increase in production after joining Allen.  Maybe this is all just a little more complicated that we all like to make it seem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Diggs would have a very good year playing with Carr but at the same time I do not think Diggs made Allen a top 5 QB.  Allen had big improvements from year 1 to 2 and year 2 to 3.  Now I do believe Allen is a better QB than Carr but Diggs would be the #1 WR in Vegas and possibly the #1 pass catcher.  You could also view it from the perspective that Cousins improved after Diggs left and Diggs had a big increase in production after joining Allen.  Maybe this is all just a little more complicated that we all like to make it seem.

Josh Allen is probably the most physically talented quarterback in the NFL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Josh Allen before Diggs

2074 passing yards in 2018(first year) 10 tds 9 INT 58.8 comp%

3089 passing yards in 2019(second year) 20 tds 9 INT 52.8comp%

Josh Allen after Diggs 

4544 passing yards in 2020 (Third year) 37 tds 10 INT 69.2 comp%

Derek Carr before Cooper 

3270 passing yards in 2014 (first year) 21 tds 12 INT 58.1 comp%

Derek Carr after Cooper

3987 passing yards in 2015 (second year) 32 tds 13 INT 61.1 comp%

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Josh Allen before Diggs

2074 passing yards in 2018(first year) 10 tds 9 INT 58.8 comp%

3089 passing yards in 2019(second year) 20 tds 9 INT 52.8comp%

Josh Allen after Diggs 

4544 passing yards in 2020 (Third year) 37 tds 10 INT 69.2 comp%

Derek Carr before Cooper 

3270 passing yards in 2014 (first year) 21 tds 12 INT 58.1 comp%

Derek Carr after Cooper

3987 passing yards in 2015 (second year) 32 tds 13 INT 61.1 comp%

Point being there is more to it than just the numbers.

Stephon Diggs 2019 with Cousins and 2020 with Allen

15 63 94 1,130 17.9 6 66 41 4 3
16 127 166 1,535 12.1 8 55 73 0 0

KIrk Cousins 2019 with Diggs 2020 without Diggs

15 307 444 69.1 3,603 8.1 26 6 66 28 5 107.4 60.4
16 349 516 67.6 4,265 8.3 35 13 71 39 8 105.0 63.2

Coaching, situations within games, scheme, opponents, other players, defensives ability to limit opponents scoring, etc... all play a role in a players production.  I do not know what the original argument was but Carr got better with Cooper and Allen got better with Diggs.  Diggs got better with Allen and Cooper got better after leaving Carr.