2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

However, I do think Fields will have the best rookie season and win rookie of the year. So I don’t wanna hear any “I told you so’s” after 2021. I think Lance and Lawrence are going to have much better careers if we fast forward 5 years. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

However, I do think Fields will have the best rookie season and win rookie of the year. So I don’t wanna hear any “I told you so’s” after 2021. I think Lance and Lawrence are going to have much better careers if we fast forward 5 years. 

Way to cover your bases, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Way to cover your bases, lol.

Already on record saying this in the QB thread, so you’re wrong on that. 

Fields has a great roster to work with, and a dominant WR and good RB. I have already predicted the Bears in the playoffs and Fields winning ROTY. 

I like Fields. Have always said I like Fields. But I see Lawrence and Lance having much better careers. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Fields has a great roster to work with, and a dominant WR and good RB. I have already predicted the Bears in the playoffs and Fields winning ROTY. 

I like Fields. Have always said I like Fields. But I see Lawrence and Lance having much better careers. 

Lawrence could absolutely prove to be the superior QB, given the roster he has to work with. 

Lance is a tough call for me. Couldn't possibly ask for a better situation than he's walking into. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he "fails" in SF, unless something crazy changes between now and 2025/2026. 

On 5/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, BayRaider said:

Yeah I think Fields is going to ball out for the Bears. I like Lawerence but Jacksonville has had a losing culture for a while and I'm not sure how well Urban will do in the NFL. Plus with Lawerence if he's not a Mahomes level player he'll be considered a disappointment.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:56 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Lance is a tough call for me. Couldn't possibly ask for a better situation than he's walking into. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he "fails" in SF, unless something crazy changes between now and 2025/2026. 

Agreed that Lance is a tough call. He is so inexperienced and Shanahan has never really developed a young QB into a great player. During his 13 years as a head coach or offensive coordinator he has had a top 10 offense 4 times and his offenses have ranked in the bottom half of the league the other 9 years. Shanahan is also 29-35 as a head coach with 1 winning season in 4 years. I don't really see the 49ers making the playoffs and to be honest I think they'll likely finish 4th in the NFC West this year at which point the seat has to be hot for both Lynch and Shannahan. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think Fields is going to ball out for the Bears. I like Lawerence but Jacksonville has had a losing culture for a while and I'm not sure how well Urban will do in the NFL. Plus with Lawerence if he's not a Mahomes level player he'll be considered a disappointment.

I have the Bears going 10-7 and having the #1 Defense. Think their defense will stay healthy for once. Jaylon Johnson will ascend even further. And Mack is due for a monster year. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have the Bears going 10-7 and having the #1 Defense. Think their defense will stay healthy for once. Jaylon Johnson will ascend even further. And Mack is due for a monster year. 

Assuming Fields wins the starting job it will be fun to see how he plays against the Rams week 1.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jeremy408 said:

I personally believe they paid him only because they gave up a first rounder to get him. He’s one of those players who he only seems good when he’s not on your team.

Dak Prescott before they acquired Cooper was a middle of the pack QB.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dak Prescott before they acquired Cooper was a middle of the pack QB.

The problem with that is if Cooper is so good and Dak is so good because of Cooper why did they get cd lamb last year?

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with that is if Cooper is so good and Dak is so good because of Cooper why did they get cd lamb last year?

Why did the Cowboys take Elliot #4 and then proceed to give him a massive contract despite RB's having fairly short shelf lives? Most had CeeDee as their #1 WR that year and so it made sense to go BPA for them at that point. It never hurts to have more weapons to utilize in the passing game and it's clear Jerry wanted to surround him with as much talent as possible. 

Cooper's huge contract was also extremely front loaded, they can save a ton of money cutting him in 2022, 2023, or 2024. So with Gallup due for an extension after this year and Lamb on a rookie contract I'd bet that they do move on from him sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why did the Cowboys take Elliot #4 and then proceed to give him a massive contract despite RB's having fairly short shelf lives? Most had CeeDee as their #1 WR that year and so it made sense to go BPA for them at that point. It never hurts to have more weapons to utilize in the passing game and it's clear Jerry wanted to surround him with as much talent as possible. 

Cooper's huge contract was also extremely front loaded, they can save a ton of money cutting him in 2022, 2023, or 2024. So with Gallup due for an extension after this year and Lamb on a rookie contract I'd bet that they do move on from him sooner rather than later. 

The problem with the Zeke argument is that has nothing to do with Cooper. It doesn't matter how hi you had a receiver as far as receivers go if you have two starting receivers and one of them you traded a first rounder for and pay them $20 million. Especially when you need help on defense and your offensive line. The only reason you make a move like that is because you know what you have in the receiver you paid and you're not satisfied. On the flipside of that, the reason why you pay a receiver 20 million that you're not satisfied with is because you gave up a first rounder to get him so you can't just let them walk. 

One thing I do agree on as I'm pretty sure they're going to get rid of him within the next two years. 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

In 2018 before acquiring Cooper the Cowboys were 3-4, after acquiring him they finished 10-6. 

Dak before Cooper (7 games): 128/206 (62% comp), 1,417 yards (202 ypg), 8 TD, 4 INT

Dak after Cooper (9 games) 228/320 (71% comp), 2,468 yards (274 ypg), 14 TD, 4 INT

In 39 career games without Cooper: 747/1,155 (64% comp), 8,408 yards (215 ypg), 53 TD, 21 INT [Offense: 23.5 ppg]

In 30 career games with Cooper: 767/1,038 (73% comp), 9,226 yards (307 ypg), 53 TD, 19 INT [Offense: 26.5 ppg]

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with the Zeke argument is that has nothing to do with Cooper. It doesn't matter how hi you had a receiver as far as receivers go if you have two starting receivers and one of them you traded a first rounder for and pay them $20 million. Especially when you need help on defense and your offensive line. The only reason you make a move like that is because you know what you have in the receiver you paid and you're not satisfied. On the flipside of that, the reason why you pay a receiver 20 million that you're not satisfied with is because you gave up a first rounder to get him so you can't just let them walk. 

One thing I do agree on as I'm pretty sure they're going to get rid of him within the next two years. 

Jerry Jones has been known to make splash/sexy picks throughout his time with the Cowboys. Again, no one expected Lamb to be on the board when the Cowboys were picking and I'm sure he was their highest rated player available. How well did that pick work out for them this season?