2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I LOVE Jano, but I still think taking a K in the 1st is absurd unless he's routinely booting 80+ yarders against the wind in Chicago lol. 

As for the others, Asomugha and Mack 100%. 

I'd add Miller to the list, and if Leatherwood pans out, him too. 

I hated the Cooper pick when we made it and still do. He's barely a WR1 unless he's surrounded by other WR talent. Some blame can go on QB play, but Cooper was a dtop machine and never seemed interested in being a Raider. He's like Jared Cook to me in that regard, and I think Cook is one of the laziest and least motivated people in the league. What good is 1 or 2 highlight reel catches a game when you drop or flake out on virtually all other passes that come your way?

Jacobs has been good so I won't knock him as a 1st rounder other than to say I will forever maintain we could have gotten him or Sanders in the 2nd and we'd probably not have missed much. 

I was absolutely pierced when we drafted Cooper over Leonard Williams(which everyone said I was crazy at the time). 

till this day I bang the table for the fact(which I’ve been saying since he was playing for Bama) that he’s not a number one receiver. All of his stats are always against A. some scrub corner that’s second or 3rd string B. And over the hill corner playing man C. In garbage time where the team is playing prevent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I was absolutely pierced when we drafted Cooper over Leonard Williams(which everyone said I was crazy at the time). 

till this day I bang the table for the fact(which I’ve been saying since he was playing for Bama) that he’s not a number one receiver. All of his stats are always against A. some scrub corner that’s second or 3rd string B. And over the hill corner playing man C. In garbage time where the team is playing prevent. 

Agreed. 

He's quite honestly the 3rd best WR on the Cowboys. I wouldn't hesitate taking Lamb or Gallup over him. 

I know the Cowboys will force feed him and play him since they gave up a pretty penny for him, but I also genuinely believe he could easily be replaced by one of their young guys in the WR rotation and the Cowboys not skip much of a beat. Within a few years, his fanbase will admit he's just average instead of game changing. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. 

He's quite honestly the 3rd best WR on the Cowboys. I wouldn't hesitate taking Lamb or Gallup over him. 

I know the Cowboys will force feed him and play him since they gave up a pretty penny for him, but I also genuinely believe he could easily be replaced by one of their young guys in the WR rotation and the Cowboys not skip much of a beat. Within a few years, his fanbase will admit he's just average instead of game changing. 

100%. That’s another thing I said. You don’t draft cd lamb if you’re confident in Cooper as your number one receiver. I bet they trade him within the next 2 years

• Like 1

I think Asomghua, Mack, Miller were the only good 1st Rounders the last two decades. Jano was great but he was a Kicker. Have explained my thoughts on Cooper and Jacobs. 

And I know Miller isn’t all that, but he’s an above average player at a Top 3 Premium Position. QB, LT, EDGE. Unless you are picking Top 6-7, you shouldn’t be expecting a stud. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

100%. That’s another thing I said. You don’t draft cd lamb if you’re confident in Cooper as your number one receiver. I bet they trade him within the next 2 years

He's on WR1 $$$ that becomes a big burden in 2022. My guess is he's traded, cut, or asked to take a massive pay cut after this season. He, Lamb, and Gallup certainly make a very good trio, but it's not sustainable financially, and he's almost assuredly the odd man out. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

You relatively new to this forum but I've spent years going back and forth with posters on here about Cooper not being a number 1, he was not a WR who should have been drafted in the top 5, has questionable hands and is soft as Charmin.... 

I was the only one on here who felt that way about him yet homers continued to argue with me that getting rid of him was a terrible move and that he was the WR of our future.  The guy is Houdini, he'll torch a bum one week then disappear for four.  I also question his passion for the game and don't get me started on his 20 million per season salary... Highway robbery!

I also wanted Williams and was pissed when we took Cooper.  Taking a WR top 5 you only do that if that WR is Julio Jones, not for Cooper.  terrible value and I am glad some posters are starting to realize that what I have been saying since day 1 about Cooper is the truth!

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You relatively new to this forum but I've spent years going back and forth with posters on here about Cooper not being a number 1, he was not a WR who should have been drafted in the top 5, has questionable hands and is soft as Charmin.... 

I was the only one on here who felt that way about him yet homers continued to argue with me that getting rid of him was a terrible move and that he was the WR of our future.  The guy is Houdini, he'll torch a bum one week then disappear for four.  I also question his passion for the game and don't get me started on his 20 million per season salary... Highway robbery!

I also wanted Williams and was pissed when we took Cooper.  Taking a WR top 5 you only do that if that WR is Julio Jones, not for Cooper.  terrible value and I am glad some posters are starting to realize that what I have been saying since day 1 about Cooper is the truth!

I’ve actually been on this forum for almost 15 years I just started commenting recently. Are used to be JeremDizz but then I lost my password because my laptop got stolen my senior year in college. I made a new account at the end of the season. And started commenting right before FA started when someone mentioned Malik Hooker. 

In terms of Cooper I believe that. Everyone thought I was crazy when I said the Raiders are stupid when they passed on Leonard Williams. And then when Cooper had 1000 yards his rookie year I stuck to that and people thought I was just hating on McKenzie(Who I never liked). They were trying to tell me that Leonard Williams would be a bust and now those same people were wishing we could get him in FA. 

imagine if we drafted him instead and had Mack and Williams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’ve actually been on this forum for almost 15 years I just started commenting recently. Are used to be JeremDizz but then I lost my password because my laptop got stolen my senior year in college. I made a new account at the end of the season. And started commenting right before FA started when someone mentioned Malik Hooker. 

In terms of Cooper I believe that. Everyone thought I was crazy when I said the Raiders are stupid when they passed on Leonard Williams. And then when Cooper had 1000 yards his rookie year I stuck to that and people thought I was just hating on McKenzie(Who I never liked). They were trying to tell me that Leonard Williams would be a bust and now those same people were wishing we could get him in FA. 

imagine if we drafted him instead and had Mack and Williams. 

You would not believe some of the back and forth's I've had on here regarding Cooper.  I knew what he was coming out from day 1 and have stuck to my guns knowing he is exactly who I said he was.  

Mack and Williams would have been a heck of a combo but I was also a fan of getting rid of Mack when we did.  I felt like we could have received better value for Mack but moving on from him was the right move.  This team was years from contention and paying a stud DE 24 million per year at 28 years old was not a smart business move.  Mack is a heck of a player but like I said since we traded him Mack alone was not going to transform this D so moving on for him was a smart move. It's just a shame that we have not landed a stud with our picks we received for Mack but that is on the front office, the trade itself was a good move.  

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You would not believe some of the back and forth's I've had on here regarding Cooper.  I knew what he was coming out from day 1 and have stuck to my guns knowing he is exactly who I said he was.  

Mack and Williams would have been a heck of a combo but I was also a fan of getting rid of Mack when we did.  I felt like we could have received better value for Mack but moving on from him was the right move.  This team was years from contention and paying a stud DE 24 million per year at 28 years old was not a smart business move.  Mack is a heck of a player but like I said since we traded him Mack alone was not going to transform this D so moving on for him was a smart move. It's just a shame that we have not landed a stud with our picks we received for Mack but that is on the front office, the trade itself was a good move.  

The thing with Cooper is there's always someone else that he could hide behind because Crabtree was there until it wasn't anymore. And then of course the one year we didn't have crabtree(AKA someone to hide behind), he gets traded. He go to the Cowboys and does well in a division at the time that was either A. riddled with injuries or B. Devoid of defensive backfield talent he does the following year he goes back to being the garbage time receiver we all know him to be that disappears against any type of real corner. The funny thing is now cowboys fans know who is to now that the hype is over. I was actually shocked we were able to get a first round pick for him.

My thing though is if we had gotten Williams, I felt like they would've done everything they could to keep them together when McKenzie was around. I've always felt like the biggest mistake that McKenzie made was paying everyone before paying Mack which pissed him off.  That being said I 100% agree about Mack trade. You weren't gonna pay him quarterback money at the time on a team where your quarterback is already paid. That never made sense. The only reason why the Bears got them is because A. they had the foolish idea that they were already a Super Bowl contender(then we all now know is not the case) and B. the Quarterback wasn't paid yet. But now they're stuck in a deal where they're paying a 30 year old 24 million a year for at least three more years and you can't cut him because he would destroy your So they're only hope now is the trade him. 

It is interesting how much we agree on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing with Cooper is there's always someone else that he could hide behind because Crabtree was there until it wasn't anymore. And then of course the one year we didn't have crabtree(AKA someone to hide behind), he gets traded. He go to the Cowboys and does well in a division at the time that was either A. riddled with injuries or B. Devoid of defensive backfield talent he does the following year he goes back to being the garbage time receiver we all know him to be that disappears against any type of real corner. The funny thing is now cowboys fans know who is to now that the hype is over. I was actually shocked we were able to get a first round pick for him.

My thing though is if we had gotten Williams, I felt like they would've done everything they could to keep them together when McKenzie was around. I've always felt like the biggest mistake that McKenzie made was paying everyone before paying Mack which pissed him off.  That being said I 100% agree about Mack trade. You weren't gonna pay him quarterback money at the time on a team where your quarterback is already paid. That never made sense. The only reason why the Bears got them is because A. they had the foolish idea that they were already a Super Bowl contender(then we all now know is not the case) and B. the Quarterback wasn't paid yet. But now they're stuck in a deal where they're paying a 30 year old 24 million a year for at least three more years and you can't cut him because he would destroy your So they're only hope now is the trade him. 

It is interesting how much we agree on

Pretty much nailed it.  This is everything I have said since day 1.  I knew that the Bears were foolish to make this trade because they had a terrible QB and there was zero chance Mack would take them to a SB with no QB in place.  The Bears are a prime example of a team ready to contend that is being held back by terrible QB play.  Trashbinski turned out to be a bum just like I said and now the Bears are stuck with a 30 year old DE who they are paying QB money.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Pretty much nailed it.  This is everything I have said since day 1.  I knew that the Bears were foolish to make this trade because they had a terrible QB and there was zero chance Mack would take them to a SB with no QB in place.  The Bears are a prime example of a team ready to contend that is being held back by terrible QB play.  Trashbinski turned out to be a bum just like I said and now the Bears are stuck with a 30 year old DE who they are paying QB money.  

Thats impossible to cut. The Bears were held as geniuses by the same people who thought we should've got rid of Carr. You don't get rid of a franchise quarterback when you have one. 

And then the Cowboys traded the first round pick to get a wide receiver and then use another first round pick on a wide receiver two years later(when they already had a solid starter. What does that tell you about what they think of him now that they have him? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Turnobili said:

which are precisely the reasons not to like RB in the first round. shelf life and hyper dependent on surroundings. doesnt mean he's not a very good RB. but i wouldnt touch RB in the first round unless its some generational talent. 

I'd say most positions are hyper dependent on their surroundings. Almost impossible for any offensive player to do well without a good OL. But I get your point as Montgomery in Chicago was a 3rd round pick and his production through 2 seasons is almost identical to Jacobs. 

So much Cooper slander on the board, lol. Dak and the Cowboys passing offense became light years better once they added him. And at Coopers current rate he'll finish his career as one of the most productive WR's in NFL history. He has had 1,000+ yards in 5/6 seasons and the only season he didn't was the year Carr fell off and refused to throw him the ball. Other than Cooper the only other Raiders WR in the last like 20 years to have 1,000+ yards is Crabtree once.