2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am one of Cooper's biggest fans here but his biggest problem is shutting down.  Not because he is going against a good opponent but because the QB stops looking for him.  He runs into this issue against good defenses because they take him away and that opens the game up for the other WRs who are good also.  If you watch the games Cooper gets the majority of the attention from the defense.  If they played him the same as other WRs he would put up some of the best stats in the league.  Is he the best WR in the league? No.  Would I have paid him $20 million a year? No.  Does he take to long to set up his defender sometimes? Yes.  He will produce if you throw him the ball but do not expect to ignore him for 3 quarters and then have him giving full effort in the 4th.  Not saying it is right for him to do it but when he gets ignored he starts going through the motions.  I like Lamb and Gallup but you are crazy if you think either of them are better than Cooper right now.

If you watch the games Zeke gets the majority of attention from the D, not Cooper.  The O runs through Zeke, has for years and having 3 WR's (Cooper, Gallup and Lamb) who can all win matchups opens things up for everyone around them.  Cooper is a complimentary piece who puts up stats when he is not the focal point of an O.  If you put Cooper on the Jets for the last 4 years he posts at best average and most likely below average stats. He is not and will never be a #1 WR, he's too soft, lack concentration and drive and has suspect hands.  20 million for Cooper is a flat out joke. 

• Like 2

I could easily see Lamb make a jump to be the Cowboys WR1 and they trading or cutting him next off season. Like others have said, he might be a WR1 but Cooper isn't elite and worth all the money. Another point, Damian Harris is almost the same tier as Jacobs who went in the 3rd. I'll rather have Jacobs but they are similar backs, and close to being the same player. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If you watch the games Zeke gets the majority of attention from the D, not Cooper.  The O runs through Zeke, has for years and having 3 WR's (Cooper, Gallup and Lamb) who can all win matchups opens things up for everyone around them.  Cooper is a complimentary piece who puts up stats when he is not the focal point of an O.  If you put Cooper on the Jets for the last 4 years he posts at best average and most likely below average stats. He is not and will never be a #1 WR, he's too soft, lack concentration and drive and has suspect hands.  20 million for Cooper is a flat out joke. 

Sorry I should have been more specific.  I was referring to the receivers.  He gets frustrated to easily and the lack of concentration comes from the lack of targets.  I understand his frustration but at the same time he is a professional and needs to act that way all the time.  He needs to adjust his mindset and that would put him in the upper tier of WRs.  He is in the 2nd tier and was able to maintain that level last year with Dalton at QB.  The $20 million contract was why I was okay with trading him.  

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I could easily see Lamb make a jump to be the Cowboys WR1 and they trading or cutting him next off season. Like others have said, he might be a WR1 but Cooper isn't elite and worth all the money. Another point, Damian Harris is almost the same tier as Jacobs who went in the 3rd. I'll rather have Jacobs but they are similar backs, and close to being the same player. 

Cooper is near the top WR in terms of production through the first 6 years of his career. I agree that they will likely move on from Cooper though. They front loaded his deal and can easily move on from him while saving a ton of cap space in 2022, 2023, or 2024. Which would make sense considering they have Gallup and Lamb on cheap deals on the roster already. 

16 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Then call me crazy, because I believe lamb is better than coop, I’m not a major coop hater. But I was done with the drops and lack of concentration/ effort stuff. Plain and simple his hands and route running were supposed to be his strengths. Now, from a pure talent viewpoint , yes I believe lamb is better. Comparing a 2nd yr and 6 yr guy is hard. I believe lamb is more athletic and a better “ playmaker” , just my opinion. Time will tell, but I believe lamb will be better for sure after 6 yrs in the league.

Reminds me a lot of when people were saying JuJu was better than Antonio Brown. 

Well you’ll never catch me saying that. Lmao! Not even when juju was on a roll. However, I’ve been firmly in lambs camp since last year, and as I stated I’m not hating on coop, I just think lamb is more talented. Period. Everyone has an opinion. Check back with me in 5 yrs. lmao! Hell, most of us ain’t goin anywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Well you’ll never catch me saying that. Lmao! Not even when juju was on a roll. However, I’ve been firmly in lambs camp since last year, and as I stated I’m not hating on coop, I just think lamb is more talented. Period. Everyone has an opinion. Check back with me in 5 yrs. lmao! Hell, most of us ain’t goin anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if CeeDee Lamb is better than Cooper though. He's bigger/stronger at the catch point and has the potential to be a legit #1 WR. I wish we would've drafted him over Ruggs. 

23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

as it stands End of May/June

R1- DT - unless Solomon Thomas balls out

R2- G - always load up the trenchs

R3- CB or WR- depends who steps up with either unit

QB could be our 1st pick depending on how Carr plays this year.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:33 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Depends where we pick. If we are picking Top 10 we are going QB considering Carr will be due an extension after this season at market rate. Having A Non Top-10 QB make 38+M a year doesn’t sit too well with me. 

On 5/27/2021 at 2:33 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I'd honestly probably go CB rd2 over G. We've had better luck with OL in the later rounds than most anything else. Depending on where we pick and who declares, though, I could be talked into CB in rd 1.

I'm still miffed we passed on Molden. 

Edited by ronjon1990

@NYRaider Malik Willis will be QB1 when it’s all said and done. Dudes amazing. Best arm I’ve seen since Josh Allen. Complete dual threat. He’s no Lance, Murray, Jackson dual-threat but he has some serious wheels. 

Rattler is my QB2 but a lot of his tape is hit or miss. Willis’s might be hit or miss as well, but he’s a project QB like Lance and Allen. 

Plus Rattler is such a dou che in his interviews, frickin yikes. He’s like if Mayfield and Manziel fused into one person personality wise. 

Edited by BayRaider

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@NYRaider Malik Willis will be QB1 when it’s all said and done. Dudes amazing. Best arm I’ve seen since Josh Allen. Complete dual threat. He’s no Lance, Murray, Jackson dual-threat but he has some serious wheels. 

Rattler is my QB2 but a lot of his tape is hit or miss. Willis’s might be hit or miss as well, but he’s a project QB like Lance and Allen. 

Plus Rattler is such a dou che in his interviews, frickin yikes. He’s like if Mayfield and Manziel fused into one person personality wise. 

We'll see this season, Rattler was a RS freshman last season during the covid year. And we've seen Lincoln Riley help Mayfield/Murray go from non-prospects to #1 picks and Hurts from a non-prospect to a 2nd round pick. 

This doesn't look like the #1 pick.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see this season, Rattler was a RS freshman last season during the covid year. And we've seen Lincoln Riley help Mayfield/Murray go from non-prospects to #1 picks and Hurts from a non-prospect to a 2nd round pick. 

This doesn't look like the #1 pick.

You say the same about every single project QB. You hated Lance with a passion until maybe the final month of the draft. Lance went #3 overall. 

What matters in a project QB is traits. No one comes close to his traits. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You say the same about every single project QB. You hated Lance with a passion until maybe the final month of the draft. Lance went #3 overall. 

What matters in a project QB is traits. No one comes close to his traits. 

I don't think Lance will be good, I'd bet my life savings that Justin Fields is the best QB from the class.