2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dak is a good QB and his numbers increased once they acquired a real 1,000 yard WR in Cooper. He legit transformed his game from game manager to one of the most productive passers in the league. Either way the Cooper hate on here is hilarious. 

People say he's not a game changer like Davante Adams.

Adams (7 seasons): 546 catches, 6,568 yards (12.0 YPC), 62 TD

Cooper (6 seasons): 449 catches, 6,221 yards (13.8 ypc), 38 TD

Problem with that is we have to look at both schedules And actually see who they played

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're right, Cooper sucks, Dak sucks.

I’m sure you saw my reply to @ronjon1990  where I agreed with what he said about Cooper. So now it would seem you’re insinuating something that I didn’t say to make a point that’s not there to be made

Edited by Jeremy408

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m sure you saw my reply to @ronjon1990  where I agreed with what he said about Cooper. So now it would seem you’re insinuating something that I didn’t say to make a point that’s not there to be made

I've said Cooper isn't a dominant #1 WR but he's consistently 1,000+ yard guy. Other than Cooper at WR we've had like one guy put up 1,000+ in 2 decades. 

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've said Cooper isn't a dominant #1 WR but he's consistently 1,000+ yard guy. Other than Cooper at WR we've had like one guy put up 1,000+ in 2 decades. 

Yeah but I’m not gonna pay Cooper 20 million because he’s one of two receivers that had 1000 yards in 2 decades 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but I’m not gonna pay Cooper 20 million because he’s one of two receivers that had 1000 yards in 2 decades 

I agree. Cooper was definitely not worth $20M APY, there are only a few WR's in the league worth that. But Dallas was just in a weird spot because they used their franchise tag on Dak so they couldn't use it on Cooper and they didn't want to let him walk because they had just given up a 1st round pick. But they structured his deal nicely as they can move on anytime after this year. With Gallup due for an extension I think that he's likely cut or traded next off-season, especially if CeeDee takes a leap.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. Cooper was definitely not worth $20M APY, there are only a few WR's in the league worth that. But Dallas was just in a weird spot because they used their franchise tag on Dak so they couldn't use it on Cooper and they didn't want to let him walk because they had just given up a 1st round pick. But they structured his deal nicely as they can move on anytime after this year. With Gallup due for an extension I think that he's likely cut or traded next off-season, especially if CeeDee takes a leap.

I mean yeah but it's not even just that. Cooper gets paid more than players that are more talented than him like Tyreek Hill Mike Evans Stephon Diggs Odell etc.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean yeah but it's not even just that. Cooper gets paid more than players that are more talented than him like Tyreek Hill Mike Evans Stephon Diggs Odell etc.

I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with the fact Cooper signed his extension after they did with a higher salary cap. 

And since Cooper has been in the league (over the last 6 years):

Amari Cooper: 449 catches, 6,211 yards (13.8 ypc), 38 TD

Stephon Diggs: 492 catches, 6,158 yards (12.5 ypc), 38 TD

Odell Beckham Jr: 396 catches, 5,525 yards (13.9 ypc), 39 TD 

Mike Evans: 464 catches, 7,215 yards (15.5 ypc), 49 TD

Davante Adams: 508 catches, 6,112 yards, 59 TD

You also have to account for the fact that during Cooper's time with us Carr never passed for 4,000+ yards in a season and he played the majority of last season with Andy Dalton at QB.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with the fact Cooper signed his extension after they did with a higher salary cap. 

And since Cooper has been in the league (over the last 6 years):

Amari Cooper: 449 catches, 6,211 yards (13.8 ypc), 38 TD

Stephon Diggs: 492 catches, 6,158 yards (12.5 ypc), 38 TD

Odell Beckham Jr: 396 catches, 5,525 yards (13.9 ypc), 39 TD 

Mike Evans: 464 catches, 7,215 yards (15.5 ypc), 49 TD

Davante Adams: 508 catches, 6,112 yards, 59 TD

You also have to account for the fact that during Cooper's time with us Carr never passed for 4,000+ yards in a season and he played the majority of last season with Andy Dalton at QB.

1. G.A.R.B.A.G.E. T.I.M.E.

2. Everyone knows that you play AFC West has better corners in the NFC East(especially since Carrs been in the league). Odell plays the steelers and the ravens every year and has had to season ending injuries since Cooper's been in the league. I don't really see your point comparing Cooper to Stefon Diggs considering the fact that Cooper gets paid 6 million more per year. That's actually less reason to pay Cooper. If we had 6 million more dollars we could get Melvin Ingram LOL

51 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

2. Everyone knows that you play AFC West has better corners in the NFC East(especially since Carrs been in the league). Odell plays the steelers and the ravens every year and has had to season ending injuries since Cooper's been in the league. I don't really see your point comparing Cooper to Stefon Diggs considering the fact that Cooper gets paid 6 million more per year. That's actually less reason to pay Cooper. If we had 6 million more dollars we could get Melvin Ingram LOL

@NYRaider Just parrots stats and clearly doesn't watch football or if he does he lacks comprehension if he believes Cooper is a number 1 WR only because he posts 1K yards.  Cooper is not and has not been the focal point of an O, if he was he would post average at best numbers.  He is a complimentary piece that disappears for games on end, especially when he is facing the top corners in the NFL He gets shut down, has average at best hands and is soft.

It's easy for him to post "stats" when he has Dak throwing to him, Zeke as the focal point of the O and the player D coordinators game plan against and having two other WR threats playing next to him.  Cooper was benched in the 4th quarter of a critical game against Philly a few years ago.  That doesn't happen to "number 1" WR's. 

When he was here he wasn't even our number 1 WR, he played second fiddle to an average Crabs who after he left Oakland he looked super washed up.  That is not a number #1 WR.  

I hope Dallas does move on and he ends up on a team like the Lions where he has to be the "number 1" WR.  I assure you he will disappoint and post average at best stats.  Then you'll hopefully stop posting your parroted stat nonsense but I find that highly unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@NYRaider Just parrots stats and clearly doesn't watch football or if he does he lacks comprehension if he believes Cooper is a number 1 WR only because he posts 1K yards.  Cooper is not and has not been the focal point of an O, if he was he would post average at best numbers.  He is a complimentary piece that disappears for games on end, especially when he is facing the top corners in the NFL He gets shut down, has average at best hands and is soft.

It's easy for him to post "stats" when he has Dak throwing to him, Zeke as the focal point of the O and the player D coordinators game plan against and having two other WR threats playing next to him.  Cooper was benched in the 4th quarter of a critical game against Philly a few years ago.  That doesn't happen to "number 1" WR's. 

When he was here he wasn't even our number 1 WR, he played second fiddle to an average Crabs who after he left Oakland he looked super washed up.  That is not a number #1 WR.  

I hope Dallas does move on and he ends up on a team like the Lions where he has to be the "number 1" WR.  I assure you he will disappoint and post average at best stats.  Then you'll hopefully stop posting your parroted stat nonsense but I find that highly unlikely. 

All these other QB's put up big numbers with elite QB's, Cooper's going for 1,000+ yearly with Carr and Andy Dalton, lol.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Diggs balled out when he played with an elite QB, he didn't play with captain check down.

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think about the Cooper thing too is that it's been tested for years now on two different rosters that he disappears from Games & and that most of his stats are inflated from garbage time or against corners have no business lining up across. 

Glad somebody brought up how he got benched in the Eagles game that was the deciding factor in whether or not they won and made the playoffs. And then after that paid him 20 million because of how embarrassing that would've been to trade a first rounder for someone and then let them walk. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Diggs balled out when he played with an elite QB, he didn't play with captain check down.

Now I love Josh Allen but he wasn't doing all that until Diggs went over there. Diggs was clearly the common denominator(Reminder: Diggs gets paid 6 million less than Cooper)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now I love Josh Allen but he wasn't doing all that until Diggs went over there. Diggs was clearly the common denominator(Reminder: Diggs gets paid 6 million less than Cooper)

If Diggs played with Carr he'd have 300 yards