2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

I can't wait to see what our new GM does this draft. I'm hoping we invest heavily in the trenches and defense. I miss our oline being dominant bullies. 

Also glad we got this hire before Senior Bowl, was going over the rosters and there's some great prospects in both sides that would be great picks for us. Really excited about watching the game.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I can't wait to see what our new GM does this draft. I'm hoping we invest heavily in the trenches and defense. I miss our oline being dominant bullies. 

Also glad we got this hire before Senior Bowl, was going over the rosters and there's some great prospects in both sides that would be great picks for us. Really excited about watching the game.

Tyler Smith is someone I pray we fall in love with.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Patriots didn't like to invest heavily into RB so I doubt Jacobs or Drake are here after next season. Think we'll definitely target a RB in the mid to late rounds.

Yeah I think we run Jacobs and Drake hard next year and then let them go.  Don’t forget about Ragas, he’s a sleeper as a 3rd RB for short distance.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Patriots didn't like to invest heavily into RB so I doubt Jacobs or Drake are here after next season. Think we'll definitely target a RB in the mid to late rounds.

I could see Jacobs coming back. I think he's a rare enough talent to re-sign to a modest 2-year deal. 

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I could see Jacobs coming back. I think he's a rare enough talent to re-sign to a modest 2-year deal. 

It’s all gonna come down to how he does next year and what the market commands for him when he hits FA.  I think we’d bring him back if he wasn’t overly expensive. 6-8 million and he stays, if it’s the 8-12+ range then goodbye.  6-8m isn’t bad but we’d probably have to fill out the other 2-3 RBs (NE seemed to like carrying 4 RBs) would need to be on rookie deals or vet minimums.

Edited by jimkelly02

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s all gonna come down to how he does next year and what the market commands for him when he hits FA.  I think we’d bring him back if he wasn’t overly expensive. 6-8 million and he stays, if it’s the 8-12+ range then goodbye.  6-8m isn’t bad but we’d probably have to fill out the other 2-3 RBs (NE seemed to like carrying 4 RBs) would need to be on rookie deals or vet minimums.

love jacobs but cant tie up 10-12 mill in a RB. OL more important for qb and rb.. good oline will make rbs better

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

His 5th year option is going to be like $10M. The Patriots have found gems at RB later in the draft with guys like Harris and Stevenson.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His 5th year option is going to be like $10M. The Patriots have found gems at RB later in the draft with guys like Harris and Stevenson.

The Raiders don't have to exercise it. I doubt he gets that in the open market considering his injury history.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

The Raiders don't have to exercise it. I doubt he gets that in the open market considering his injury history.

They don't have to exercise it but then he's going to hit the open market. IIRC we have to make a decision on that this off-season, I'm assuming we won't pick it up, so it's likely either extend him now or let him walk.