2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol so basically almost everyone

there should actually be a lot of solid options in the 3rd/4th.....

I think our draft strategy should be 

• 3rd&4- BPA- could maybe get a few players with starter potential in time, could be solid depth pieces 
  • 5-7 - I would trade down a few times to acquire more picks. 5-7 rounders are kinda like throw darts to get impact, I would rather increase my probability with 2 more picks, and 5 Total in those rounds. If you can hit on just 2 or 3 in those rounds, that is a win 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs has had: 

1,316 yards | 9 TD

1,303 yards | 12 TD

1,220 yards | 9 TD 

2021: 12th RB in APY (what you listed - 13th if you include Patterson)

2020: 10th (11th if you include Patterson)

2019: 14th

That's really not very special IMO and easily replaceable with a rookie. If you want to pay 8 million for a guy who can barely crack the top 3rd, that's fine but I'd rather look elsewhere

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

2021: 12th RB in APY (what you listed - 13th if you include Patterson)

2020: 10th (11th if you include Patterson)

2019: 14th

That's really not very special IMO and easily replaceable with a rookie. If you want to pay 8 million for a guy who can barely crack the top 3rd, that's fine but I'd rather look elsewhere

He had more yards from scrimmage than Patterson and was 11th amongst RB.

He was 9th amongst RBs in 2020. 

He was 14th as a rookie. 

It's also important to note that he really wasn't much of a factor in the passing game as a rookie and played behind a mediocre offensive line the last two seasons. Over that three year span there have only been 2 rookie RB's to have more yards from scrimmage than Jacobs, lol. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would pick up Jacobs 5th year. Ferrell and Abram I would decline. 

With an $8M cap hit he'd be the 11st highest paid RB and he has finished 11th/9th in yards from scrimmage for RB over the last two seasons, seems like he's being paid what he deserves. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Calvin Austin is like WR 13-15 in the class there aint no way he's going that high.

I think he will, dude is a baller. Small but tested well, and has the film. I think he is a better than Rondale Moore who was drafted in the 2nd last year. It just takes one team 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With an $8M cap hit he'd be the 11st highest paid RB and he has finished 11th/9th in yards from scrimmage for RB over the last two seasons, seems like he's being paid what he deserves. 

he was actually used in the passing game when Gruden left. He can thrive as a dual threat. He is talented, just seems to be injury prone. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think he will, dude is a baller. Small but tested well, and has the film. I think he is a better than Rondale Moore who was drafted in the 2nd last year. It just takes one team 

It does but it's an extremely deep WR class and he's more of a gadget player than a true WR.

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

he was actually used in the passing game when Gruden left. He can thrive as a dual threat. He is talented, just seems to be injury prone. 

I think the most likely scenario is that we pick up his option and then draft a RB in the middle rounds next year to be his backup and eventual replacement.