2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Faalele has the size but is not the same player Brown was in college.  Can he develop? Yes but right now he is not what Brown was in college.  Brown is a good LT that can play RT.  There is a reason why the 5.4 40 number is used by teams.  The bust rate is ridiculously high.  Brown is an outlier.

How many OT's in the league are Trent Brown, Orlando Brown, or Daniel Faalele's size? They're all outliers, they're literal giants. He has only been playing football for 5 years so I think his room for improvement is bigger than most guys coming into the league. If he's there at #86 I would personally run to the podium to make the pick.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I hope. Would love nothing more than it to happen especially for what he's going to command for that fifth year option

His 5th year option is locked in at $8M which would make him the 11th highest paid RB in the league in 2023. I agree that we shouldn't extend him after that and should probably draft his replacement in 2023. But we have to make a decision on his 5th year option by May 2nd.

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, 8. I wouldn't care about it if Adams and Carr's future contract weren't going to handcuff us. We're going to need to save somewhere and IMO might as well be the position that's easiest to fill and easiest to transition from college to the pros. 

One thing that may keep us from picking up Jacobs 5th year option is that we restructured Drake's deal so even though he's a FA we still have to pay him $4.4M so we'd really be paying Jacobs $12.4M.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Jacobs has a break out year If he can stay healthy. We have a better coach, more threats on offense. Jacobs is good when he can stay healthy. He was ballin down the stretch last year. I expect coaching and the OL to be better 

I think McDaniels will split the carries / touches up between Jacobs/Drake with Bolden occasionally mixed in to keep all of them fresh. 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:19 PM, NYRaider said:

He had more yards from scrimmage than Patterson and was 11th amongst RB.

He was 9th amongst RBs in 2020. 

He was 14th as a rookie. 

It's also important to note that he really wasn't much of a factor in the passing game as a rookie and played behind a mediocre offensive line the last two seasons. Over that three year span there have only been 2 rookie RB's to have more yards from scrimmage than Jacobs, lol. 

Patterson the rb from Washington?

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not many?

Saquan, Fournette, Ekeler, Hunt, Javante Williams, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Sanders, and Antonio Gibson I think most wouldn't need to think about. There's more I'd have to think more about though. 

Lmao Akers, Williams, Fournette Sanders. No!

Edited by raidr4life

Not many?

Saquan, Fournette, Ekeler, Hunt, Javante Williams, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Sanders, and Antonio Gibson I think most wouldn't need to think about. There's more I'd have to think more about though. 

I'd easily take Jacobs over Saquan, Hunt, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, and Sanders. I'd value Jacobs around the same as Gibson/Fournette. I'd take Ekeler, Williams, and Taylor over him for sure though. 

7 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yeah exactly especially when you factor in he will get $8m next year if we extend him, too rich for my liking. If we don’t extend him now is the time to trade. 

We'll know by May 2nd if we're going to pick up his 5th year option or not. We're not going to trade him either way though, we have no way to replace him and he'll be a huge part of our offense.

6 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

NY should like this.... make the moves and gimme muma, DF, and ridgeway in any order. That would be saaweeet imo. Then find depth. Might cost a pick or 2 (maybe a future pick?) but those 3 would be excellent additions in my humble amateur opinion. Hey, I can dream. 👍😉

I'd be thrilled if we somehow ended up with all three of those guys. I think my ideal draft as of right now would be something like (don't think DF makes it to 86):

86. Abraham Lucas | OT | Washington State

126. John Ridgeway | NT | Arkansas 

164. Pierre Strong Jr | RB | South Dakota State

165. Jack Jones | CB | Arizona State

227. Markquese Bell | S | Florida A&M

Since we've resigned Hankins/Parker, brought in a few LBs/DT, a couple of CB/WR, I really don't see any glaring holes going into the draft. There are obviously spots that we can upgrade at for sure but we at least have serviceable players across the board on both sides of the field. Insane how different it is with a competent front office running the show. 

I was super against going WR in the third but if Alec Pierce or Calvin Austin III are there I wouldn't mind if we took either guy.

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

James Robinson did his rookie season as an UDFA so you can't pretend it never happens. The reason why I think it's fair to suggest a first/second rounder as comparable is bc most of them start every game. Not sure the same could be said for later picks. Do you not agree? That's why I said it could be for a variety of reasons.

Feel free to grab examples of later picks that started every game their rookie season though. I'd be interested in seeing that

What are your thoughts on Pierre Strong Jr? If we're going to take a RB later in the draft he's who I'd prefer. Could be similar to Stevenson who the Pats drafted late last year.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think McDaniels will split the carries / touches up between Jacobs/Drake with Bolden occasionally mixed in to keep all of them fresh. 

Pretty much. 

I have an inkling that Bolden might get some extra plays on passing downs too. He was pretty dang good at it last year, 41/49 for 405 and 2 TDs. 

My guess is he probably only has around 30-40 actual run plays dialled up over the season. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Since we've resigned Hankins/Parker, brought in a few LBs/DT, a couple of CB/WR, I really don't see any glaring holes going into the draft. There are obviously spots that we can upgrade at for sure but we at least have serviceable players across the board on both sides of the field. Insane how different it is with a competent front office running the show. 

I was super against going WR in the third but if Alec Pierce or Calvin Austin III are there I wouldn't mind if we took either guy.

100%. 

I think Pierce has the potential to be what Green Bay hoped MVS would be across from Adams- big, faster than expected, good hands, down field threat. 

I wouldn't mind Austin either, but I think if Pierce is there, you have to grab him and never look back. 

Yeah, 8. I wouldn't care about it if Adams and Carr's future contract weren't going to handcuff us. We're going to need to save somewhere and IMO might as well be the position that's easiest to fill and easiest to transition from college to the pros. 

Agree. If we can get isaiah spiller, breece hall, etc. I'd be down as much as I like Josh. I also really like Kyren Williams and IMO his 4.65 will push him down to the 4th/5th, which is a steal for him.

• Like 1