2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Just because they're from the Patriots organization doesn't mean that they're going to do everything exactly like Bill. That's the reason basically everyone who has left has failed, lol.

Well, we signed several former patriots player and coaches. I guess somehow McD/Z (that sounds like AC/DC - I hope that gets popular) try to build a little patriots mindset here.

But okay. Maybe I'm wrong.

I just try to understand what they're thinking, and trying to do. And for me the best way is to look what the patriots did in the near past.
I don't have a problem with Jacobs either. In fact I had him every year in my fantasy football team, because I think he is one of the better RBs in the league.

You seem to only like to see/hear/read your own opinion. That's why you post almost daily a new mock draft, spam the threads full with posts, so that everyone here has the chance to agree with you.

(By now everybody in here should know already, that you want us to sign an veteran RT)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Well, we signed several former patriots player and coaches. I guess somehow McD/Z (that sounds like AC/DC - I hope that gets popular) try to build a little patriots mindset here.

I just try to understand what they're thinking, and trying to do. And for me the best way is to look what the patriots did in the near past.
I don't have a problem with Jacobs either. In fact I had him every year in my fantasy football team, because I think he is one of the better RBs in the league.

You seem to only like to see/hear/read your own opinion. That's why you post almost daily a new mock draft, spam the threads full with posts, so that everyone here has the chance to agree with you.

(By now everybody in here should know already, that you want us to sign an veteran RT)

You're obviously going to take things from where you came from but the reason most Patriots prodigies fail in their next stops is because they try too hard to be like Bill. The Patriots have never made a move like we just did with Adams or even Chandler Jones, they literally traded away Jones because they didn't want to pay him a few years ago. If you don't like reading my posts you can easily put me on ignore, I don't care at all. But maybe that $2M in cap savings if we trade Jacobs will push us into Super Bowl contention my friend. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're obviously going to take things from where you came from but the reason most Patriots prodigies fail in their next stops is because they try too hard to be like Bill. The Patriots have never made a move like we just did with Adams or even Chandler Jones, they literally traded away Jones because they didn't want to pay him a few years ago. If you don't like reading my posts you can easily put me on ignore, I don't care at all. But maybe that $2M in cap savings if we trade Jacobs will push us into Super Bowl contention my friend. 

Lol 2m going to push us in Super Bowl contention.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously they don't try to be an exact copy. But some things they want to do aswell. Like McD already confirmed, that he wants to build a QB cycle.

It's not that I don't like your posts. It's that you repeat yourself frequently. There's no need to set you on ignore.
And a forum consists just of different opinions.

Nobody said that we should trade Jacobs because we save 2M in cap space and that that will push us into Super bowl.
Just learn to accept other opinions!

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need to save money according to most on here, that $2M may go a long way.

lol here we have the prove that you repeat yourself frequently - 13 minutes apart

1 minute ago, Styrian Raider said:

Obviously they don't try to be an exact copy. But some things they want to do aswell. Like McD already confirmed, that he wants to build a QB cycle.

It's not that I don't like your posts. It's that you repeat yourself frequently. There's no need to set you on ignore.
And a forum consists just of different opinions.

Nobody said that we should trade Jacobs because we save 2M in cap space and that that will push us into Super bowl.
Just learn to accept other opinions!

lol here we have the prove that you repeat yourself frequently - 13 minutes apart

You can easily put me on ignore, lol, I don't care. I accept other opinions I just didn't receive any that explained to me why potentially trading Jacobs this year would be a good idea in any way shape or form.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You can easily put me on ignore, lol, I don't care. I accept other opinions I just didn't receive any that explained to me why potentially trading Jacobs this year would be a good idea in any way shape or form.

Why should I? There are things you Post that are interesting and also things that I agree with.

That's also why I changed from "maybe they trade Jacobs this year" to "they could also pick the 5th year Option and trade him next year".

5 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Why should I? There are things you Post that are interesting and also things that I agree with.

That's also why I changed from "maybe they trade Jacobs this year" to "they could also pick the 5th year Option and trade him next year".

You just dragged me and now my posts are interesting, lol. We can agree to disagree, Jacobs isn't going to be traded regardless so there's no point in us arguing back and forth about it. We'll know by May 2nd if we're picking up his 5th year option or not.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You just dragged me and now my posts are interesting, lol. We can agree to disagree, Jacobs isn't going to be traded regardless so there's no point in us arguing back and forth about it. We'll know by May 2nd if we're picking up his 5th year option or not.

Read carefully. I never said that all of your posts are s**t and I also never said that all your posts are interesting.

It's Not all or nothing. There is something between aswell.

Yup. Let's agree to disagree. And please don't Take anything I write too personal. (I'm sure you don't - but Just in case) 

It would be also rather boring If you don't post anymore 😉

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We need to save money according to most on here, that $2M may go a long way.

Lol the only reason the $2m came into the conversation is because you thought we were on the hook for Jacobs whole salary even if we traded him lol. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow saw a huge spike in production because we lost Ruggs during the season, Waller was banged up for most of the year, and our inability to run the ball led to Carr's most productive season from a bulk yardage standpoint. He had almost as many targets last season as he did during his first two years combined. 

Renfrow had 128 targets last year which was 18th most in the NFL. Adams had 169 targets which was 2nd most and Waller had 145 in 2020 when he was healthy which was 6th most. 

Assuming that Waller and Adams are both healthy there's zero chance that Renfrow will get even close to the number of targets he had last year.

I guess you don't watch NE much?

2007 when Moss went for 1,500 yards Welker had 112 rec.

Ok let say Carr goes for 5,000 yards this season. Adams 1,500 yards and Waller 1,200 yards who's going to get the other 2,200 yards?? Renfrow should get about 1,000 and 1,200 for the other WRs.

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

McDizzy 🙃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Ok let say Carr goes for 5,000 yards this season. Adams 1,500 yards and Waller 1,200 yards who's going to get the other 2,200 yards?? Renfrow should get about 1,000 and 1,200 for the other WRs.

2007 was one year though. 

Also, projecting Carr for 5k is a stretch. Brady did it once in New England, and McDaniels wasn't even there. His average was more like 43-4500 yards per season under McDaniels. 

Carr's 626 attempts last year would be 2nd most for Tom Brady under McDaniels (637 in 2012). 

Where are people getting these ideas that McDaniels is going to Sean Payton Derek Carr into a 5k QB? Tom Brady made his career as a dink and dunk, take what's open, don't press things passer that kept the Patriots offense consistent. They were never (save for 1 year) an explosive Saints/Colts/Broncos under Brees and Manning style offense. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Carr had 3-400 fewer yards next season, based on McDaniels' track record. He's far more interested in the RZ and making things count than he is running some psuedo Air Raid stat monster. It's why I'm not panicking about the lack of a "deep threat" burner at WR. That's never been crucial to McDaniels' offense. Accuracy, ball/clock control, and TDs > FGs is. 

Carr going for 4300 yards, 33 TDs, 9 INTs would be far more in line with what McDaniels has historically gotten out of his QBs that this idea that he's getting anywhere near 5000 yards. He's not going to have a Brees type of run where he's chucking 5k+ and 45 TDs. Lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Has there ever been a season where 3 players on one team had 1,000+ yards?