2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He can play FS, in the slot, or outside. I love Jalyn Armour-Davis though, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being the biggest steal from the class.

What confuses me is that bama CB's usually go high. IF he's projected to go in round 3/4, why? Especially because he ran really well and is a good size.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What confuses me is that bama CB's usually go high. IF he's projected to go in round 3/4, why? Especially because he ran really well and is a good size.

He was only a one year starter because he had a knee injury that held him out his freshman season and then was behind Surtain after that. 

• Like 1

Armour-Davis had to battle through a lot to be an overnight success in 2021. He tore his ACL before his freshman season even started. It would take two seasons riding the pines after that before Armour-Davis earned a starting job across from Josh Jobe. He was worth the wait as he allowed only 290 yards on 27-44 targets all season. Once again, though, injury issues popped up as he missed three of Alabama's final four games and was limited to only 15 snaps vs. Cincinnati in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

With us not picking up the 5th yr option on Jacobs, I wouldn't mind drafting a new RB if the opportunity comes up. Hall, Pierce, and Strong Jr. are all ones I like. 

Only RB's I'd take in the 3rd are Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall. I don't think either make it to us. We can always extend one of Drake/Jacobs or draft a rookie next year.

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Only RB's I'd take in the 3rd are Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall. I don't think either make it to us. We can always extend one of Drake/Jacobs or draft a rookie next year.

I'd consider one in the 4th myself. Honestly, I wouldn't particularly mind trading back from 86. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd consider one in the 4th myself. Honestly, I wouldn't particularly mind trading back from 86. 

Just depends who’s there. I’m down to move up for a really talented guy who drops, or move back if all the players are graded around the same.

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

yes, I was just thinking that in another thread. We wouldn't be asked to be the vocal point on this team, just a deep threat with no pressure. I would look into it

Agree he would have very little pressure with the talent around him.

3 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

With us not picking up the 5th yr option on Jacobs, I wouldn't mind drafting a new RB if the opportunity comes up. Hall, Pierce, and Strong Jr. are all ones I like. 

I was thinking RB could be a possibility in the 3rd with the Jacobs news. I'm not for it, but I can see it happening

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was thinking RB could be a possibility in the 3rd with the Jacobs news. I'm not for it, but I can see it happening

James Cook is an interesting prospect.  I don't know about a 3rd on a RB but he could pose good value in the 4th.  I have a feeling the value at 86 will be Oline.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

James Cook is an interesting prospect.  I don't know about a 3rd on a RB but he could pose good value in the 4th.  I have a feeling the value at 86 will be Oline.  

I agree with you, biggest need of this team is OL. I think there's going be talented Edge, CB at 86 too