2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I will absolutely lose my mind if we draft another guard in the first round. OT, WR, CB, DT, or even LB would be fine. 

the way I see draft positions 

R1: WR, DT --------- if there is a stud can't miss prospect at LB, Edge or CB maybe

R2:  WR, G, S, DT, LB, CB- all in play. I think we have similar talent as a 2nd rounder in Koonce so I wouldn't look at edge unless it is some knock out prospect 

R3: WR, G, S, DT, LB, CB- same as above 

we probably sign 4-5 starters in free agency, so we should be able to go BPA....

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Have we been successful drafting any bama prospect besides coop?

You call Cooper a success SMH?  He's was drafted at 4 overall, is not a number 1 WR, was benched against Philly a few years ago in a critical game due to lack of effort and ineffectiveness, is about to be on his third team of his career barring a massive pay cut to say in Dallas and one can argue he is the third best WR currently on the Cowboys.  I would hardly call that a successful pick but to each their own!

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I know it's not the most sensible pick, but I would love Jameson Williams if we can get him. I think he'll go top 10 though. His route running is so good and his speed is absolutely lethal. Haven't seen too many receivers torching the SEC like this that haven't been really good NFL players.

Give me Ahmad Gardner as our 1st round pick. 

I like Williams but we need to build a bully on D and a lockdown CB will start that process.  

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gardner might get torched by williams this weekend

5 for 25 in the 1st half...  Williams is getting shut down by Gardner. 

You know who could pose good value in the 2nd round in Myjai Sanders.  We need to bring the heat and have no depth behind Maxx or YN.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

5 for 25 in the 1st half...  Williams is getting shut down by Gardner. 

You know who could pose good value in the 2nd round in Myjai Sanders.  We need to bring the heat and have no depth behind Maxx or YN.  

Let's see. I haven't watched the game yet. I think how Gardner plays today is everything for his stock. If he balls, then he's definitely worth a top 15 pick.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let's see. I haven't watched the game yet. I think how Gardner plays today is everything for his stock. If he balls, then he's definitely worth a top 15 pick.

I could have told you well before this game he is a top 15 pick, I have been pounding the table to draft him for months.  He has all the skills to be a lockdown stud CB and if is on the board when we pick needs to be the pick. 

If Mayock is still the GM i would expect us to pass on him and draft some player projected in the 4th round SMH

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This hesi is davante adams-like.

That was disgusting.  I do not want to draft another WR but that was a combination of thebest attributes of Cooper and Ruggs.

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Have we been successful drafting any bama prospect besides coop?

Ruggs was becoming a success.  Both Alabama WRs had the talent but upstairs was missing a little different situations but both ruined their careers here.

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You call Cooper a success SMH?  He's was drafted at 4 overall, is not a number 1 WR, was benched against Philly a few years ago in a critical game due to lack of effort and ineffectiveness, is about to be on his third team of his career barring a massive pay cut to say in Dallas and one can argue he is the third best WR currently on the Cowboys.  I would hardly call that a successful pick but to each their own!

Cooper was a success here until him and Carr started having issues.  He is still an extremely talented WR and has produced.  Just like I said to NCOUGHMAN it is his mental game that has disappointed.  He allows himself to get frustrated when he does not see enough targets.  I said that was the issue when he was here and led to a lot of his drops.  He came out and complained about it.  Also he is the best WR on that team.  Until teams start rolling coverage to other WRs or the other team starts game planning for Lamb or Gallup he is the #1. HE might be wearing out his welcome in Dallas but from a talent level Lamb and Gallup are a class below him. I would take any of the 3 but Cooper's contract is what kills it for me.  I would take Lamb first because of his contract.

• Like 1