2022 Draft Talk

swede700

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I have my doubts that we'll target WR early, but I'm curious:

Why is there no hype at all for Justyn Ross?

Because Justyn Ross's career has went downhill after his freshman year.  Was amazing especially late in the year with some insanely good games on the big stage as a true freshman.  That SOPH year was ok but not as dominant, then got hurt and missed all of his JR year then this past season as a SR had only 500 some yards and was barely even best WR on a pretty suspect Clemson team compared to usual.  

Also does not help he did not run the 40 or jump at all, and not sure he even did the field workout, maybe he did but he did not standout much if he did.  

He just is not as good as most thought he would be, but sure he could be a decent pro if put in the right situation but right now year his stock is down because his production and play is pretty down.  Not quite the same after that injury.  

2 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

This DT class is stack. Really, like NT Travis Jones. He's stood out at the Senior Bowl and was great at the combine too.

Yeah Travis Jones is a dude and I would love him on the Vikings, he will be gone by the 2nd round but could sneak into the 1st.  

If the Vikings do not get a corner 1st round it is shaping up that they should be able to get one 2nd round.  

That is with these four gone in the 1st most likely.

Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR
Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR
Roger McCreary Auburn
Trent McDuffie Washington JR

Not a bad group at all  below, could be in the range for Gordon or Kendrick or even McCollum who could be around in the 3rd same with Bryant or Jones.

Kaiir Elam Florida JR
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR
Tariq Woolen UTSA RS
Derion Kendrick Georgia
Kyler Gordon Washington 
Zyon McCollum Sam Houston State
Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS
Jack Jones Arizona State RS

Not bad at all, sure helps with the likes of Woolen and McCollum and Gordon joining the mix, they were not on my radar and I was not familiar with them before the combine.

They might have a shot at David Ojabo in the 1st but Jordan Davis is totally an option as well.  Dude is on a pretty impressive trajectory.  Also with the questions on Stingley he could possibly drop to them.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Travis Jones is a dude and I would love him on the Vikings, he will be gone by the 2nd round but could sneak into the 1st.  

Jones is this decade's Kevin Williams . . . I'd be happy if the picked him at 12.  I may prefer Davis and Sauce, but if the impact studs from big programs are gone, this guy will be another one of those long-term pro bowlers.

7 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Jones is this decade's Kevin Williams . . . I'd be happy if the picked him at 12.  I may prefer Davis and Sauce, but if the impact studs from big programs are gone, this guy will be another one of those long-term pro bowlers.

Not sure Travis Jones is the pass rusher Kevin Williams was, Travis can get to the QB but he is more impactful in the run game I feel.  12 is a bit high for him especially for a team with such needs a CB and OLB/Edge.  

I fully expect that Stingley will be available for the Vikings at #12 if they want him.  I think the injury and the fact that he hasn't played a lot in the last 2 years will scare off a lot of teams in the top 10.  

Just now, Hagar said:

Courious, where would you rank Mond in this draft? At this point I would put him behind Willis, not sure if he would be higher than Pickett at 2 or not....close.

I'm not really going to get into that, because I've not been impressed in the rare occasion on which we've seen Mond and I don't know enough about these QBs to give a fair comparison.  I know, at least on Twitter, that people seem to think that Mond has the potential to be significantly better than what we've seen, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that.  I don't even see that much potential in him.  The only thing I'd guess is that he'd probably be in the top 3-4 of this class.    

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not really going to get into that, because I've not been impressed in the rare occasion on which we've seen Mond and I don't know enough about these QBs to give a fair comparison.  I know, at least on Twitter, that people seem to think that Mond has the potential to be significantly better than what we've seen, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that.  I don't even see that much potential in him.  The only thing I'd guess is that he'd probably be in the top 3-4 of this class.    

How much of that is Mond just isn't that good, or is it that he got Zimmer-ed? From what I've heard....if Zimmer didn't like/want you you didn't get much light of day. If Mond got swept into a corner and not dealt with fairly then maybe a offensive KOC/Wes can get him coached up.

Im not saying Mond is an elite QB prospect (neither are the others), but I don't really want to waste a pick any QB until we do....esp considering he would typically be #3 in a weak class.

Hearing Kevin O’Connell talk about the QB position, most notably in regards to what’s most important, and why he failed in the NFL, he consistently talks about the importance of accuracy. 

If accuracy is at the top, or near the top, of desired attributes for a QB in O’Connell’s mind, Kellen Mond has an uphill battle to win over the new coach.