2022 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think of it as building from the inside out. Without a decent OL, its hard to have the time to get the ball to your WR, or open holes for the RB. Without a QB, the ball won't be accurately thrown to your WR. Sure, your crummy QB can hand the ball off to the RB, but he has to face 8-9 man boxes sometimes too.

I love Moss and Peterson, I just don't think their talent transcends positional value.

A good WR can make a bad QB look adequate.  A great WR can make a bad QB look good.  Look no further than what Diggs & Thielen did for Case Keenum.

Those good to great WR's give your QB a bigger window because they can go up or go get the underthrown/overthrown/inaccurate pass that never shows up on a stat box.  

I think it'd be a really interesting stat to show how many balls a QB threw that were off target but still got caught because of a great play made by the WR

• Like 2

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

You don't need a punter on the roster if you take Randall Cunningham. 

I will pass on arguably the best player of all time so that I... don't have to roster a punter. Sounds good to me! 😆

Man, I do not understand how PFF grades some of these mock drafts.

I traded 12 and 44 to Philly for 15 and 16 and got a B-. It's 620 points vs 475 points on the Rich Hill trade chart (an overpay of an extra low to mid 2nd RD pick). Jimmy Johnson model is 2050 points versus 1640 (or an overpay of a mid 2nd RD pick). Im guessing because i passed up on Travon Walker, Tyler Linderbaum, and George Karlaftis and ED and C are listed as 2 of our top 5 needs?

I took McDuffie CB and Lloyd LB as they were the top 2 remaining on their board and got an A+ and A- respectively. But who here doesnt make that trade and think it's only a B-?

Others left on the board = DE Ojabo, DE J. Johnson, CB Booth, DT J. Davis, WR Burks & Olave

Sauce and Stingley off the board as well as QB Willis.

Who you take and what's your grade?

19 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Man, I do not understand how PFF grades some of these mock drafts.

I traded 12 and 44 to Philly for 15 and 16 and got a B-. It's 620 points vs 475 points on the Rich Hill trade chart (an overpay of an extra low to mid 2nd RD pick). Jimmy Johnson model is 2050 points versus 1640 (or an overpay of a mid 2nd RD pick). Im guessing because i passed up on Travon Walker, Tyler Linderbaum, and George Karlaftis and ED and C are listed as 2 of our top 5 needs?

I took McDuffie CB and Lloyd LB as they were the top 2 remaining on their board and got an A+ and A- respectively. But who here doesnt make that trade and think it's only a B-?

Others left on the board = DE Ojabo, DE J. Johnson, CB Booth, DT J. Davis, WR Burks & Olave

Sauce and Stingley off the board as well as QB Willis.

Who you take and what's your grade?

I trade down as well and take Jordan Davis. The guy is an absolute beast. My perfect draft scenario however would be to package the first round pick and whatever we get for Kirk in exchange for Deshaun Watson. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, Boda said:

A good WR can make a bad QB look adequate.  A great WR can make a bad QB look good.  Look no further than what Diggs & Thielen did for Case Keenum.

Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice and Randy Moss couldn't make Christian Ponder look good. 

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice and Randy Moss couldn't make Christian Ponder look good. 

Rice, no. 

Moss and Calvin, though? You could punt it within 5 yards of them and they'll probably come down with it.

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

They really should look at trading this 1st or 2nd round pick for a win-now player … to coincide with a 1-3 year win-now Cousins window. 

Lol. Kwesi and KOC have been the GM and Coach for like 5 minutes. Maybe let them implement their vision before the fatalism starts. 

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Lol. Kwesi and KOC have been the GM and Coach for like 5 minutes. Maybe let them implement their vision before the fatalism starts. 

I don’t really understand this take. They are in win now mode. They really should be looking at maximizing this next 1-2 years with Kirk + JJ + this offence. this is what LAR have done recently. Trade top picks for guys to plug in (and not have rookie growing pains). This is the direction KAM/KOC chose. 

• Like 1

Just now, CriminalMind said:

I don’t really understand this take. They are in win now mode. They really should be looking at maximizing this next 1-2 years with Kirk + JJ + this offence. this is what LAR have done recently. Trade top picks for guys to plug in (and not have rookie growing pains). This is the direction KAM/KOC chose. 

So in your view, the only two ways to build are "trade everyone and tank" or "trade all your draft picks for a one year window?"

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

So in your view, the only two ways to build are "trade everyone and tank" or "trade all your draft picks for a one year window?"

It’s not the *only* way. 

but for better/worse KOC/KAM determined they are better with Kirk for the next 2 years at QB … that’s the decision… so why not try to *maximize* that 2 year window after they see what are the remaining holes (after Free Agency)?

obviously not a popular view in a thread dedicated to the draft (especially 1st/2nd round prospects). 

they need to absolutely hit on these assets (picks), and what better way of “hitting” on them, then moving them for ‘known quantities’ (aka reduce risk)

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It’s not the *only* way. 

but for better/worse KOC/KAM determined they are better with Kirk for the next 2 years at QB … that’s the decision… so why not try to *maximize* that 2 year window after they see what are the remaining holes (after Free Agency)?

obviously not a popular view in a thread dedicated to the draft (especially 1st/2nd round prospects). 

they need to absolutely hit on these assets (picks), and what better way of “hitting” on them, then moving them for ‘known quantities’ (aka reduce risk)

salaries. they have too many bloated salaries on the team already and need contributors on rookie deals to offset those salaries.

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

salaries. they have too many bloated salaries on the team already and need contributors on rookie deals to offset those salaries.

What they need is increased talent (known talent now, not unknown rookies) ... they can restructure existing bloated salaries into 2023-2025, to make room for trades and Free Agent signing now.

13 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Jerry Rice probably not because he's just an extremely gifted route runner but Moss & Megatron were of a different breed.  What Moss did with Culpepper should just prove this point even more because DC was a horrible QB with horrible accuracy/reading defense issues.  DC was basically Jamarcus Russell but he had Moss to throw to so it covered up a lot of his issues

Also Ponder was a horrible QB worse than bad, he was the exact same player in the Pros as he was in College, nothing more than a late round project QB with no go to skill set, weak arm, inaccurate & cant read a defense.  How that guy got drafted in the first round still amazes me and I have no idea how everyone didn't fired at the time but then again we also took T-Jack in the 2nd round

Edited by Boda

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

They really should look at trading this 1st or 2nd round pick for a win-now player … to coincide with a 1-3 year win-now Cousins window. 

I think Cousins has only the next 2 years and honestly im not sure he'll get the 2nd year unless this season goes extremely well.  I look at the Cousins extension as KOC gets 1 year to prove Cousins can work in his system if not they move him.  Im not against trading this years 1st or 2nd for the right player