2022 Draft Talk

swede700

Fun little mock draft I did on a simulator. Trades were offered. Top CBs and Jordan Davis were off the board when I drafted.

Trade 12 and 156 to KC for 29, 30 and 135

Trade 77 and 2023 7th to LAC for 79 and 160

29. Drake London WR USC

30. Tyler Linderbaum OC Iowa

46. Kyler Gordon CB Washington 

79. Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State

135. Jelani Woods TE Virginia

160. Matt Henningsen DT Wisconsin 

184. Tyreke Smith EDGE Ohio State

191. Amare Barno EDGE Virginia Tech

192. Josh Paschal EDGE Kentucky

250. Tycen Anderson – Safety - Toledo

19 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Can someone drop some comps on Chris Olave? NFL Wrs who are solid 1s or high end 2s with his  physical profile, nuanced route running and his lack of yards after catch ability?

Maybe, Calvin Ridley? Reggie Wayne on the upper comp limit?

Adam Thielen is my Olave comp. 

41 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So, I personally don't see it. But can you extrapolate on that so i can understand your thinking?

- Precise route running.
- Fluid agility.
- Excellent body control.
- Fantastic at finding holes in zone coverage to give his QB an easy target.
- Strong hands and a bully on contested catches. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

- Precise route running.
- Fluid agility.
- Excellent body control.
- Fantastic at finding holes in zone coverage to give his QB an easy target.
- Strong hands and a bully on contested catches. 

wouldn't you say Olave is more vertical? AT is taller and longer, has turned into a red zone artist. I know Olave can win the red zone, but doesn't seem to be what he excels at. 

Ok I guess I can see it a bit, I like a Ridley comp a little more; just because of the size.

Offer my thoughts on the draft. 

Although I would love to get a starting level CB with our first round pick, look over our history with all the misses and busts in that position. We should wise up and invest 2-3 picks from the 2nd round onwards. 

I feel the current coaching staff would love to draft a freak WR or a dominant DT akin to an Aaron Donald. Although the DTs in this class aren't at that level, coming over from the Rams, I could see the coach drafting a similar type player.

How would UGA LB Quay Walker fit into our defense? Just completed two separate mocks with him available at #46.

Draft #1:
1.12: Derek Stingley Jr., CB
2.46: Quay Walker, LB
3.77: David Bell, WR

Draft #2:
1.12: Andrew Booth Jr., CB 
3.77: Travis Jones, NT

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

How would UGA LB Quay Walker fit into our defense? Just completed two separate mocks with him available at #46.

Draft #1:

Draft #2:

He would be great but then what do you do with Kendricks and Hicks at ILB?  So might not be a need but he could arguably play 3/4 OLB and be great at it so that is possible.

Also no clue what mock simulator you were using but Travis Jones could be a 1st round pick and no way he falls to the 3rd, I would be shocked if he got out of the 2nd round.  Booth at 12 is a reach I would say for a corner like him.

18 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Draft #1:

Draft #2:

Also not interested in Bell after some pretty awful testing.  Not in round 3 at least.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He would be great but then what do you do with Kendricks and Hicks at ILB?  So might not be a need but he could arguably play 3/4 OLB and be great at it so that is possible.

Also no clue what mock simulator you were using but Travis Jones could be a 1st round pick and no way he falls to the 3rd, I would be shocked if he got out of the 2nd round.  Booth at 12 is a reach I would say for a corner like him.

Hicks only signed a 2-year deal, is 30 years old, and has a very cut-able contract after this year. Having Hicks would not prevent me from drafting a LBer early.

Walker would definitely be a pick that could rotate/play in the short term and figure into long term plans. I thought I had read that he played multiple positions in the UGA defense? Not sure if that would hurt/help his development in the NFL.

I like to use The Draft Network's simulator. I think they have the "cleanest" site for all things draft related. You need to stop speaking in absolutes regarding where prospects will go. These "no way" things happen every year in the draft. We just have no way of knowing, I took what the simulator gave me.

I will agree with you on Booth, his inability to test in this draft process will most likely drop him. There were other players worth taking but I was just experimenting with taking him there. Supposed to be all in fun, right?!

27 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Also not interested in Bell after some pretty awful testing.  Not in round 3 at least.

That's fine, I was more curious about the Walker fit on D.

Calvin Austin III was the next WR taken in that sim at #86 to the Raiders. There were definitely some enticing defensive players available that would've been good adds as well. Just wanted to experiment adding another weapon, I liked his profile write-up on TDN, since we'll be running more 11 personnel. Admittedly I'm ignorant on his film and go by what I read from multiple write-ups on these guys.