2022 Draft Talk

swede700

On 4/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, MikeT14 said:

Update as I've gotten through 3 of the 4 6th rounders, with one more to go plus a late 7th. I tried desperately to trade up multiple times for talented guys that we're falling, including Verone McKinley III (S), Josh Jobe (CB), and Tyquan Thorton (WR), but no one would bite. Eventually, I stood pat and took some depth for you all. After your suggestions, I got a OT that I thought fit the mold of what you might eventually need in a swing tackle that could develop. Open to hearing late guys or depth you still wanna see with two remaining picks. 

1.15 Trent McDuffie, CB
2.54 DeMarvin Leal, DL
3.77 Cade Otton, TE
3.83  Cole Strange, OG/C (trade with Eagles)
6.184 Mike Rose, LB
6.191 Obinna Eze, OT
6.192 Delarrin Turner-Yell, S

extra 2023 4th rounder (trade with Pats) and 7th rounder (trade with Eagles)
lost 2022 5th rounder (trade with Eagles)

1.15 Trent McDuffie, CB
2.54 DeMarvin Leal, DL
3.77 Cade Otton, TE
6.184 Mike Rose, LB
6.191 Obinna Eze, OT
6.200 Makai Polk, WR
7.250 Ali Fayad, EDGE

Finally wrapped this up with the last two picks. Hopefully overall, you all would be okay with it even if it wasn't perfect. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

1.15 Trey McDuffie, CB
2.54 DeMarvin Leal, DL
3.77 Cade Otton, TE
6.184 Mike Rose, LB
6.191 Obinna Eze, OT
6.200 Makai Polk, WR
7.250 Ali Fayad, EDGE

Finally wrapped this up with the last two picks. Hopefully overall, you all would be okay with it even if it wasn't perfect. 

*Trent Mcduffie 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

1.15 Trent McDuffie, CB
2.54 DeMarvin Leal, DL
3.77 Cade Otton, TE
6.184 Mike Rose, LB
6.191 Obinna Eze, OT
6.200 Makai Polk, WR
7.250 Ali Fayad, EDGE

Vikings are going from a 2WR offense to a 3WR offense with only 2 solid WRs.... any mock without a WR in the this first 3 rounds is a fail to me

10 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

My Favorite Non First Round Receivers

Day 2

Skyy Moore - He's short, but he's not small. He has 31 inch arms and 10+inch hands, weighs 195lbs, he's thick and he plays like it. Not strictly a slot, great footwork, in breaking routes are his bread and butter. He probably doesn't have that elite ceiling, but really high floor, fairly confident he'll be productive, probably a really nice complement to JJ and won't take his alpha status.

Alec Pierce - He's more your true, X, vertical receiver. He wins on go routes and verticality, mossing dudes and using his straight line speed to create separation. He is big and long, and plays big and long. I think he has a shot to be an alpha in the NFL, but has a high ceiling due to being a red zone threat.

Day 3

Bo Melton - big time recruit who stayed home at Rutgers because his family went there. He was held back by QB play, but very athletic, quick twitch, showed really nice YAC ability. I think he outplays his draft position.

Danny Gray - Speed, deep threat ability, very good at tracking the ball in the air. is a homerun hitter from anywhere in the field.  Not great against pressure and doesn't play special teams with injury concerns, but the big play ability is real. 

Melton I like, he is a RB playing WR and is very physical and tough.  Pierce I would not mind but he could be gone quickly, granted he never always played as great as his combine numbers were however.  

I would throw in Justyn Ross and George Pickens as guys I would want 3rd or 4th round, both have a lot of upside and Pickens especially provides something the Vikings do not have at WR in a big receiver who can go up and get the football.  Would not mind Kevin Austin in that 4th or 5th round range also, another big physical WR with upside.  Kameron Brown is another, possibly 7th round pick or UDFA but a very big and physically powerful WR who could be a nice change of pace physically.  

12 hours ago, viking said:

Vikings are going from a 2WR offense to a 3WR offense with only 2 solid WRs.... any mock without a WR in the this first 3 rounds is a fail to me

I think we have some potential at WR on our current roster, I don't think its our biggest need. Osborn and Smith-Marsette could still pan out. 

CB, Edge, and Safety is who we should target but a solid RG, or LB would be good too. A late round flyer on WR would be ok but I don't think its a must.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, battle2heaven said:

why do you like Booth over McDuffie?

McDuffie is very limited and will probably only be a zone cover CB, Booth has a bit bigger risk of actually panning out because he is so raw but has the upside to be a shutdown corner. My $ .02

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would throw in Justyn Ross and George Pickens as guys I would want 3rd or 4th round

Ozzy, with everything I've seeing, it would shock me to no end if Pickens made it to the third round. I've even seen late first round buzz on him. I think he would be an excellent pick in the third; it just seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

1. Aiden Hutchinson
2. Travon Walker
3. Ikem Ekwonu
4. Sauce Gardner
5. Evan Neal
6. Malik Willis
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux 
8. Kyle Hamilton
9. Derek Stingley
10. Garrett Wilson
11. Drake London

Minnesota trades the 12th pick to Kansas City in exchange for the 29th and 30th picks

12. Jermaine Johnson II

29. Kaiir Elam
30. Logan Hall

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

1. Aiden Hutchinson
2. Travon Walker
3. Ikem Ekwonu
4. Sauce Gardner
5. Evan Neal
6. Malik Willis
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux 
8. Kyle Hamilton
9. Derek Stingley
10. Garrett Wilson
11. Drake London

Minnesota trades the 12th pick to Kansas City in exchange for the 29th and 30th picks

12. Jermaine Johnson II

29. Kaiir Elam
30. Logan Hall

if they stay at 29/30, I wouldn't mind that. But I could see them wheeling and dealing AGAIN and move up from 29, and then re-coup that cost by moving down from 30.

KC moving up and NOT drafting Jameson Williams would also shock the world!

18 hours ago, viking said:

I don’t know you can get WRs everywhere in the draft and they have one of the better trios in the league in Jefferson, Thielen and Osborn. Feel like Osborn is getting underrated, think he can be quite productive. I realize that Thielen has some age and injury concerns and I’d have no issue taking a WR in round two or three, just think it’s a bit unfair to call a draft a fail for not addressing WR in the top 100. Could certainly look at TE, could see Smith playing some slot WR in a lot of sets.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Pardon my obsession with trying to figure out Trent McDuffie.

So he didn't do quickness drills this year, but I dug up coming out of HS, he posted a 4.05 short shuttle. I think you can safely assume he's the same 3 years later, or even better.

So i added that to his RAS profile. It really is a Jaire Alexander carbon copy on the athletic profile less about 1 3/8ths inch on the arm length.

hxnh0FI.jpg