2021 Offseason: Rookie Camp/OTAs/Mini Camp

SemperFeist

22 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Britton Colquitt is not there today as well.

Sounds like Colquitt, Dantzler, and Mata’afa have been there this week, but we’re not on the field today. 

Leaving Hunter and Gladney as the only two absentees. 

2 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

With the obvious exception of Hunter, it's great to see so many players at OTAs considering how voluntary they are.

I think anything for a leg up with some of these guys considering the competition for OL starting spots, WR3 and on, CB, and DE.  

Hopefully some healthy competition really brings out the best in some guys.

• Like 2

Don't tell Patrick Peterson that it's only May.

The 10-year veteran brought a noticeable veteran presence to the practice field, and had some strong play to back it up.

With Hunter not in attendance, Stephen Weatherly and D.J. Wonnum occupied the defensive end spots with the first unit.

https://www.vikings.com/news/ezra-cleveland-dakota-dozier-guards-patrick-peterson-ota

• Like 1

Are those Stormtroopers?

Nope.

They're the 2021 Minnesota Vikings working on gridiron improvements instead of marching in the name of intergalactic dominance.

You may have noticed some pictures and videos released earlier this week on Vikings.com showed players on the field for Organized Team Activity practices wearing plain white, soft-padded helmets instead of the hard-shelled Purple with horn decals.

https://www.vikings.com/news/soft-padded-helmets-ota-practices

41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What is Gladney doing? Is he allowed to be with the team?

He certainly could be, since his status hasn't changed with the team, as far as we know.  But, there's always the possibility that they told him to stay away for now and take care of his business.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve always been a fan of preseason football, but I think I’m looking forward to it more than ever this year. So many players to watch. 

I really can't get excited about games that don't count.  I ignore pre-season and the most awful example of football on the planet...the Pro Bowl.