OTA/Training camp/Preseason

NVRamsFan

On 8/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, NYRamsFan88 said:

It wouldn’t hurt to play the wait and see game, and if the guys behind Hendo are complete duds then we can sign someone 

Everything I've heard is that XJ is going to have a defined role right out the gate (possibly even more prevalent with Henderson's thumb sprain now - still haven't heard if that's to his dominant carrying hand or not).  I have to figure that barring some really gaga value not making final cuts from another roster, Jones is going to get the RB2 nod for at least the first 3-4 games.  The pivot for where a move may be made is likely at or around those two division games with Arizona and the SeaChickens back-to-back ahead of a back-to-back-to-back of Giant, Lions, and Texans all of whom can be run on and which can be a good triumverate to bed in a guy who didn't see camp with us.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 4:13 AM, Flounch said:

I still don't understand what they were thinking by drafting Tutu in the 2nd round...a guy like this, is nothing special...you can find speed guy in the 6th or 7th round...seems very weak. 

They fell victim to tunneling on a particular type and when Eskridge went right ahead of us they pivoted to who they had next-up in that type.  I would hope they at least tried to trade back, but also given the fact that speed moves receivers up boards regardless of size these days, I also won't be surprised if they justified pulling the trigger on him in the 2nd because they weren't confident he'd make it to our next pick after our 2nd.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

At this point, it looks like Johnson may be more likely to be the odd man out than Ingram. Johnson would be a great addition.

Yeah, granted it's fantasy stuffs (but they tend to do a good job of sifting through the smoke), but what I've heard from the Texans beat is they plan on using Lindsay as the 1-2 down guy and will deploy someone else at the COP/3rd-down back.  To me, that suggests Burkhead is a lock to make the roster if he stays healthy.  So yeah, it's a battle between Johnson and Ingram for that 3rd RB spot - because Burkhead can see time as both a pass-catcher and a goal-line guy.