OTA/Training camp/Preseason

NVRamsFan

Chris Garrett really looked amazing tonight, really hope he makes the team 

Bobby Brown can be a very solid guy on the d line.

We definitely found a gem in Jacob Harris. 

Tutu is a little worrisome. Seems to get banged up easily.

Bobby evans shouldn’t play guard again. 2nd string oline needs a ton of work. The refs tonight were awful and the game was extremely sloppy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Chris Garrett really looked amazing tonight, really hope he makes the team 

Bobby Brown can be a very solid guy on the d line.

We definitely found a gem in Jacob Harris. 

Tutu is a little worrisome. Seems to get banged up easily.

Bobby evans shouldn’t play guard again. 2nd string oline needs a ton of work. The refs tonight were awful and the game was extremely sloppy.

I still don't understand what they were thinking by drafting Tutu in the 2nd round...a guy like this, is nothing special...you can find speed guy in the 6th or 7th round...seems very weak. 

Juju and Garett were good yesterday. 

After making a splash last week, Lawler dissapeared....

Ernest Jones looked slow in action....

The backup OL are very concerning....but we already knew this a long time ago...

7 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

It's not going to happen, but count me in on wanting Perkins over Wolford. I like his upside and wouldn't want to carry 3 QBs. 

Hum...no, Perkins played good yesterday but not enough to take Wolford job. 

Edited by Flounch

15 hours ago, RamRod said:

Bummer about Raymond Calais. He looked like he had a role as a returner.

Hendo-Jones-Funk

Have to think we snag a vet RB in the coming weeks or someone off of cuts. Loved what I saw in Funk and Jones though. They can certainly get the job done, but would prefer a vet in the group just for piece of mind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Hendo-Jones-Funk

Have to think we snag a vet RB in the coming weeks or someone off of cuts. Loved what I saw in Funk and Jones though. They can certainly get the job done, but would prefer a vet in the group just for piece of mind. 

I randomly had on the Browns game and John Kelly looked really good. Not sure he makes the Browns with 3 guys definitely ahead of him. Knows the system so he could be a guy to watch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Hendo-Jones-Funk

I think we'd run into problems if Hendo gets hurt. Funk is borderline unplayable on passing downs. He nearly got Perkins killed multiple times by not knowing what to do on blitz pickups. And Jones doesn't seem like a guy who can carry the load in Hendo's absence. We could really use a HB who can grind between the tackles and handle the passing game reps. Basically, we could use a Malcolm Brown type. Lamical Perine is somebody I think would fit that role if the Jets are willing to deal him for a late round pick swap. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think we'd run into problems if Hendo gets hurt. Funk is borderline unplayable on passing downs. He nearly got Perkins killed multiple times by not knowing what to do on blitz pickups. And Jones doesn't seem like a guy who can carry the load in Hendo's absence. We could really use a HB who can grind between the tackles and handle the passing game reps. Basically, we could use a Malcolm Brown type. Lamical Perine is somebody I think would fit that role if the Jets are willing to deal him for a late round pick swap. 

I think we will see one or two big name guys released in the coming weeks that would be interesting. Mark Ingram could be odd man out after David Johnson's restructure and Philip Lindsay being brought in, but doesn't provide much excitement from a receiving standpoint. Royce Freeman is now 4th on the depth chart in Denver. Ameer Abdullah in Minn would be a great receiving threat if he's released. Brian Hill was a prospect I loved coming out that sits at 3rd on the depth chart in Tennessee.

It's not a popular opinion, but I still have hope for Leveon Bell or Adrian Peterson jumping on board ring chasing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think we will see one or two big name guys released in the coming weeks that would be interesting. Mark Ingram could be odd man out after David Johnson's restructure and Philip Lindsay being brought in, but doesn't provide much excitement from a receiving standpoint. Royce Freeman is now 4th on the depth chart in Denver. Ameer Abdullah in Minn would be a great receiving threat if he's released. Brian Hill was a prospect I loved coming out that sits at 3rd on the depth chart in Tennessee.

It's not a popular opinion, but I still have hope for Leveon Bell or Adrian Peterson jumping on board ring chasing.

At this point, it looks like Johnson may be more likely to be the odd man out than Ingram. Johnson would be a great addition.

• Like 1