• Denver in 5
    • Denver in 6
    • Denver in 7
    • Portland in 4
    • Portland in 5
    • Portland in 6
    • Portland in 7

Just now, NYRaider said:

They have him under contract until 2025. A lot of people were saying they had an A+ off-season, they've added Covington, Carmelo, Powell, etc. it's just hard as a small market team to build a contender. 

I get what you're saying, but those aren't needle moving wings. They need a top 10-15 wing in the NBA type.

In the end they just need to draft better though. Point blank. They've done nothing since they drafted Dame & CJ like the best they've done is Simons I guess and why the hell do they need another scoring guard that can't defend to save his life? That organization is all kinds of stupid.

Like CJ should've been moved like at least 2 years ago. It's been obvious a backcourt pairing that is that cheeks at defense was never gonna make serious noise in the postseason. Dame plays a role in that too. He's an even worse defender than CJ. He's like bottom 10% in the league on D.

Dame is the worst defender out of the two, but hes to good on offense that makes up for it. CJ on the other hand is cheeks on defense and not even close to being the scorer as Dame is. With Powell to fill in as a replacement for CJ. It might be the perfect time to move on for him during the offseason. They need more size on that team. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Dame is the worst defender out of the two, but hes to good on offense that makes up for it. CJ on the other hand is cheeks on defense and not even close to being the scorer as Dame is. With Powell to fill in as a replacement for CJ. It might be the perfect time to move on for him during the offseason. They need more size on that team. 

and Simons is probably an even worse defender than Dame.... like how are you winning with that backcourt???

What do you think they could get in return for CJ?

They just dont have no size. Like you said even the back up guards are small. All that lack of size just puts so much pressure on Nurk.

IDK what a return could look like, but have to match up the money. On top of my head Christian Wood and Gordon for CJ.

Get you some nice size with Wood to play the PF position and help out Nurk and take on Gordons contract to make it work. I think Wood will be on the move cant imagine the Rockets holding on to a talent like that at this time. 

Dame

Powell

Covington

Wood

Nurk

Thats a nice starting 5 that can still score, but with way more size

But the Blazers like Collins so maybe thats not a realistic option

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

Well, that game was quite something ...

Don't even know what to say about Dame at this point. Insane basketball player.

As others have said, I actually don't think Jokic played well and to be honest, I think he kinda got worse when Kanter came in. Probably him being tired. I am really worried about whether his insane minute total over the season is coming back to haunt us now. He is going to be still feeling game 5 when game 6 begins.

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

dude you gotta lose your job for the botch of a coaching job. my god.. also these players have to be smart and just foul 

i was honestly happy with Malone's explanation for the no foul thing. he was bringing the ball up 

i think portland did a good job of getting the matchups they wanted and you gotta tip your hat to Dame. I would have liked to see more Shaq Harrison ... but we needed to keep scoring too. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

i was honestly happy with Malone's explanation for the no foul thing. he was bringing the ball up 

i think portland did a good job of getting the matchups they wanted and you gotta tip your hat to Dame. I would have liked to see more Shaq Harrison ... but we needed to keep scoring too. 

Sorry, can't buy that at all. When Lillard hit the first big three, he had the ball all the way at half court and dribbled for five seconds before shooting it. You have to foul there and then to make the same mistake the second time around? Shameful. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sorry, can't buy that at all. When Lillard hit the first big three, he had the ball all the way at half court and dribbled for five seconds before shooting it. You have to foul there and then to make the same mistake the second time around? Shameful. 

did you see the shots he was making last night? that's the one way you lose the game. i trust malone over the internet brigade on this one 

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I get what you're saying, but those aren't needle moving wings. They need a top 10-15 wing in the NBA type.

In the end they just need to draft better though. Point blank. They've done nothing since they drafted Dame & CJ like the best they've done is Simons I guess and why the hell do they need another scoring guard that can't defend to save his life? That organization is all kinds of stupid.

They do but not every team is fortunate enough to be in a big market where they can acquire high profile free agents.

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

did you see the shots he was making last night? that's the one way you lose the game. i trust malone over the internet brigade on this one 

I mean in that case you got to trust every single coach's decision? It's not like this was a catch and shoot type of situation, there was plenty of time to foul. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean in that case you got to trust every single coach's decision? It's not like this was a catch and shoot type of situation, there was plenty of time to foul. 

yeah to be completely honest I take most fans complaints about coaching with an extreme grain of salt, esp a situation like this where fans really have no idea what the environment is like. i honestly don't even remember how those two end of game threes started, but if they were out of the half court I think his concerns were fair.

with how the officiating was for Dame, as well, could have easily seen them giving three shots even if the foul was on the floor. the officials took the game to OT with a ridiculous call when it should have been over.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not every coaching decision is the right one. You trust it cause your team ended up winning. Blazers win that game you’re signing a different tune. Should have fouled it’s that simple. 

not everyone thinks about things on a result basis, believe it or not