• Knicks in 4
    • Knicks in 5
    • Knicks in 6
    • Knicks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

Randle made a big jump in his game this year and I think can have a decent sized role on a good team. Deserves to make all-NBA for his season.... but he’s not an all-NBA caliber player. Probably not even all-star caliber if we’re being brutally honest. The Knicks needed him to be all-NBA to compete this series, but predictably it didn’t happen. If Rose wasn’t playing so well this series would already be over and all blowouts....

Bright future for Knicks given the hype they generated in NY, bodes well for odds of landing a big fish in FA.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

The clock has struck midnight Cinderella. Thats how I feel about the Knicks. They had a very successful regular season because we all know coaching does matter. Thibs is great at instilling toughness, an identity which is defense, and a culture which is there isnt a superstar so everyone has to play together as one just to have a shot to win. Randle has been great this season, Rose has adjusted his game to be able to continue to play at a high level in the league especially in his role, and even Barrett took a step forward and look like the guy who was drafted high in the draft last year. With all that said the Knicks arent ready. 

What the Knicks did was become the Nets 2.0. The Nets had nothing because of the poor management from the previous regime. They hired Kenny Atkinson to coach and Sean Marks to be the GM. The Nets started getting players that other teams didnt want like Russell and then they got Dinwiddie and Harris to truly develop. They found steals in the draft in Allen and LeVert. They had a culture and an identity. That ended up helping the Nets turn things around and making the playoffs which in turn made them an attractive place for superstars like Kyrie and KD. Then when the Nets got them thats when Harden wanted to come. So the Knicks have taken a step in the right direction. Lets see if they can follow this season up with another playoff appearance next season and then sit back and see the superstars like Zion or maybe even Kwahi or someone that is off the radar that we arent talking about that will look over at the Knicks like what they see and want to join and then bring other superstars with them. 

I guess we were just content making the playoffs and thought that was good enough for this year and we didn’t need to show up anymore this season. Of course we could come back and win the series but the way we have played so far that’s probably unlikely. Oh well. Still exceeded our expectations big time for this season. No matter when this season ends it was a successful year. I’ll take it. Very interested to see what we do this offseason and how guys develop 

28 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Randle made a big jump in his game this year and I think can have a decent sized role on a good team. Deserves to make all-NBA for his season.... but he’s not an all-NBA caliber player. Probably not even all-star caliber if we’re being brutally honest. The Knicks needed him to be all-NBA to compete this series, but predictably it didn’t happen. If Rose wasn’t playing so well this series would already be over and all blowouts....

Bright future for Knicks given the hype they generated in NY, bodes well for odds of landing a big fish in FA.

Yeah the Knicks biggest issue is they don't have a ton of scoring outside of Randle, Barrett, and Rose.

20 hours ago, amac said:

I think this is about what you’d expect for the peak of a Julius randle led team. 

The Knicks definitely overachieved in the regular season. Will be interesting to see if they're going to give $100M+ this offseason.