Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, Tk3 said:

To be fair to Pete... he basically traded a 4th for Winfield, which is a very reasonable thing for him to do

I've long been a believer that tags should have different values to different people, and you should go out and get tags if the cost of tags is cheaper or the same as where you would likely re-draft the targeted player

I 100% would have taken Winfield in the 4th so why not trade the tag and make sure I get him locked up instead of sweating it out? Especially getting to keep him through the nfl season because I am projecting him to be a stud. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I 100% would have taken Winfield in the 4th so why not trade the tag and make sure I get him locked up instead of sweating it out? Especially getting to keep him through the nfl season because I am projecting him to be a stud. 

That's what I'm saying. It "feels" like you paid too much, but if that was the best deal out there for you, then you did the right thing

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m just over here tryna reach RMIB status: make a trade that makes someone that doesn’t run a team quit a league he wasn’t even actually in. That is some goals there 

That was legendary 

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

To be fair to Pete... he basically traded a 4th for Winfield, which is a very reasonable thing for him to do

I've long been a believer that tags should have different values to different people, and you should go out and get tags if the cost of tags is cheaper or the same as where you would likely re-draft the targeted player

I agree. I think Winfield is a reach in the 4th in a rookie draft, but it's certainly not outrageous. And if he has a big sophomore season, it'll pay off. I think positional value has a lot to do with my ranking, but all it takes is one team. Better to spend the tag now than have someone else take him in the 4th.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

That's what I'm saying. It "feels" like you paid too much, but if that was the best deal out there for you, then you did the right thing

Stop defending people and bury them! Sheesh don’t make it boring around here!

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm late in the round anyway, am I really gonna haggle that much for a few extra spots in the draft? Just make sure I locked up the guy I wanted

Plus now I have 3/4ths of the secondary that was the 2nd best past defense in the sim last season locked up before the draft starts

My tags so far:

Joe Burrow - 1 (R)
Joe Mixon - 3
Noah Fant - 2
D.J. Chark - 3
David DeCastro - 2
J.C. Tretter - 2
Kyle Fuller - 3
Mike Tomlin - 2
-------------------
18 Tags Used / 1 Available

If someone needs a tag, I have one available. Looking for 4thish round value.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My tags so far:

Joe Burrow - 1 (R)
Joe Mixon - 3
Noah Fant - 2
D.J. Chark - 3
David DeCastro - 2
J.C. Tretter - 2
Kyle Fuller - 3
Mike Tomlin - 2
-------------------

I like this guy 

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My tags so far:

Joe Burrow - 1 (R)
Joe Mixon - 3
Noah Fant - 2
D.J. Chark - 3
David DeCastro - 2
J.C. Tretter - 2
Kyle Fuller - 3
Mike Tomlin - 2
-------------------

Sent you a PM, but if you go the route of just trading one tag, I'm interested and can offer a 5th round pick. One just traded for a 4th as you saw, but that was rare. I haven't seen that before, especially in a rookie draft where the pool is deeper. If someone else is willing to match a 4th, more power to them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(I have also been advised that tagging a head coach - and especially a head coach not named BB - is pure shenanigans. I appreciate those tips, and will be modifying my tagged list accordingly.)

I wonder who told you this 

9 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Sent you a PM, but if you go the route of just trading one tag, I'm interested and can offer a 5th round pick. One just traded for a 4th as you saw, but that was rare. I haven't seen that before, especially in a rookie draft where the pool is deeper. If someone else is willing to match a 4th, more power to them. 

Nope that’s the new standard! 

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

(I have also been advised that tagging a head coach - and especially a head coach not named BB - is pure shenanigans. I appreciate those tips, and will be modifying my tagged list accordingly.)

Trade for Jeff Okudah instead