Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, ravens5520 said:

This was a dead deal as of last week and I was going after Taylor, Fields or Lance. Lions came back with an offer this morning. Hard to pass it up at this point

He should not be giving you a second back. Yuck! 

27 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Oh please remind me of this story 

There’s a certain DPOY (at that point, he may have been a 2x DPOY?) that is on a team owned by a fan of the real life team said player is on. He wasn’t listed as a keeper in the thread when the deadline passed. Got bailed out and got to keep said player because nacho is a generous commissioner. 

(nacho claims that the keeper was posted in a PM message prior to the deadline, but that’s not good for our narrative or our memes so we go with the first paragraph only)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is way worse than that trade for pick #1

Is it? (Lawrence is the better prospect, so he should absolutely fetch more, but was it really "way" more?)

In the Trevor Lawrence trade, the owner gained the following for Lawrence:

Alvin Kamara
Bobby Wagner
S22 1st (14)
S22 1st

That owner lost JK Dobbins and Patrick Queen in the process. (Queen was selected in the 3rd round in the S21 draft, and Dobbins was kept.)

I gained the following for Burrow:

Jonathan Taylor
S22 1st (10)
S23 1st
S24 1st

I also lost a S22 late 2nd (2.20).

Perhaps I'm higher on Taylor than some, but I expect him to be a top-tier RB moving forward. If Wagner has value around the 1st round, and Dobbins/Queen (combined) hover around the late 2nd/early 3rd round, the value is very close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Is it? (Lawrence is the better prospect, so he should absolutely fetch more, but was it really "way" more?)

In the Trevor Lawrence trade, the owner gained the following for Lawrence:

Alvin Kamara
Bobby Wagner
S22 1st (14)
S22 1st

That owner lost JK Dobbins and Patrick Queen in the process. (Queen was selected in the 3rd round in the S21 draft, and Dobbins was kept.)

I gained the following for Burrow:

Jonathan Taylor
S22 1st (10)
S23 1st
S24 1st

I also lost a S22 late 2nd (2.20).

Perhaps I'm higher on Taylor than some, but I expect him to be a top-tier RB moving forward. If Wagner has value around the 1st round, and Dobbins/Queen (combined) hover around the late 2nd/early 3rd round, the value is very close.

You have to read into my sarcasm better

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

You have to read into my sarcasm better

Ha, most definitely.

I was really struggling with the thought of the trade over the last few days, and I was curious how others would view the value. (I really don't mind criticism - just bored and looking for discussion, I guess.)

31 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

This was a dead deal as of last week and I was going after Taylor, Fields or Lance. Lions came back with an offer this morning. Hard to pass it up at this point

Most folks would be willing to explain the league breakdown instead of running to accept it. Desperation to land a QB has changed you my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ha, most definitely.

I was really struggling with the thought of the trade over the last few days, and I was curious how others would view the value. (I really don't mind criticism - just bored and looking for discussion, I guess.)

I don’t think it’s that bad but I definitely think Burrow is worth more.