WR1 Tournament Round 2: Tyreek Hill vs Justin Jefferson

BayRaider

WR1 Tournament: Tyreek Hill vs Justin Jefferson  

48 members have voted

1. 1. WR1 Tournament: Tyreek Hill vs Justin Jefferson

• Tyreek Hill
    • Justin Jefferson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 05:00 PM

Tyreek Hill

hill3.jpg

vs

Justin Jefferson

jefferson.jpg

This will run for seven days and end June 3rd. For more information, check our the main Tournament Topic. There is no seeds and matchups were randomized. At the end of the Tournament, one man will be crowned FootballsFuture's Official Top WR in the NFL. 

Easily Hill for me here. Jefferson's dominant rookie year was enough to squeak by Robinson for me, but it's not enough to defeat Hill. Hill is an Elite Top 4 WR and Jefferson needs to prove more to be considered in the same tier. 

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The vote count is closer than it should be imo

It's 100% Viking fans if you click the vote total lol. 

Wish people wouldn't be homers. I don't see how any valid argument can be made that Jefferson is better right now than Hill. Maybe after 2021 is complete (although doubtful) but not right now. 

Regardless of how close this might be from a skills perspective, Hill will always have something Jefferson doesn’t, which is game breaking speed. You can’t teach that and it’s the difference between elite corners who you can feel confident can shutdown most any WR and those same corners being able to shutdown Hill. Legitimate 4.2 speed threats at the receiver position that can use that speed appropriately don’t grow on trees. Until Hill doesn’t have such a special trait or Jefferson simply ascends to the point where his skills are far greater overall than Hill, this will be Hill’s comparison to lose IMO.

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's 100% Viking fans if you click the vote total lol. 

Wish people wouldn't be homers. I don't see how any valid argument can be made that Jefferson is better right now than Hill. Maybe after 2021 is complete (although doubtful) but not right now. 

I voted long game. Right now though its Hill. I think Jefferson could reach top 15 level with another strong year. 

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I voted long game. Right now though its Hill. I think Jefferson could reach top 15 level with another strong year. 

Jefferson already is a Top 15 WR after that rookie year. I usually don't rate players high over a rookie season but he had a once in a decade WR Rookie Season. Always those Viking WR's...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jefferson already is a Top 15 WR after that rookie year. I usually don't rate players high over a rookie season but he had a once in a decade WR Rookie Season. Always those Viking WR's...

Eh, we've had some duds lol. Treadwell statistically was worse for us than Troy Williamson who couldn't see 2 feet ahead of him.

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

How long are you talking? Hill won't have that speed forever. But he also doesn't get nearly enough credit for his route running and overall skill set. Many think he's just speed and that simply isn't true. I think he could continue to be a top 5 WR for another five years or so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

How long are you talking? Hill won't have that speed forever. But he also doesn't get nearly enough credit for his route running and overall skill set. Many think he's just speed and that simply isn't true. I think he could continue to be a top 5 WR for another five years or so.

2-3 years. Hill is only 27.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I mean, long game is still Hill. Historically speed doesn’t drop off even going into your 30s.

On 5/31/2021 at 10:33 PM, Chiefer said:

I mean, long game is still Hill. Historically speed doesn’t drop off even going into your 30s.

Your game and everything about it eventually drops off, no matter what rose tinted glasses we wear. Even Randy Moss and Jerry Rice had to retire eventually.