• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

41 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I tend to agree with you on this. The Jazz came back down to the median as far as offensive performance in Games 3+4. Game 1 they had that 1Q stretch that was abysmal dragging the entire numbers down and the Clippers were tired from Game 7 and we saw a lackadaisical Kawhi performance; and the LAC still had a shot to pull it out.

Game 1: 40.74% FG 34% 3P

Game 2: 55.3% FG 55.1% 3P

Game 3: 42.9% FG 43.2% 3P

Game 4:  42.9% FG 42.5% 3P

Games 3+4 is more the norm. I attribute the wins more so to Utah playing on the road and Kawhi and PG3 waking up.

I think it's more of what NYRaider was saying. Clarkson is just inconsistent. He played much better at home than he did on the road. It has nothing to do with Ty Lue's coaching.

Same with Paul George. Dude wasn't very good on the road. When he got home, he played MUCH better. That's not Lue's coaching, he just played better at home.

I don't get how someone could watch these games and praise Ty Lue's coaching lol

44 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think it's more of what NYRaider was saying. Clarkson is just inconsistent. He played much better at home than he did on the road. It has nothing to do with Ty Lue's coaching.

Same with Paul George. Dude wasn't very good on the road. When he got home, he played MUCH better. That's not Lue's coaching, he just played better at home.

I don't get how someone could watch these games and praise Ty Lue's coaching lol

I think Lue has done an OK job this series with what he's had to work with rotation wise, but I agree it's not him that turned this series around. Jazz came back down to earth and Kawhi+PG woke up. 

Game 1 was close and Kawhi looked disinterested

Game 2 blowout. Jazz shot the lights out of the ball

Game 3 Kawhi + PG show up

Game 4 Clarkson goes cold and Kawhi+PG show up

1 hour ago, showtime said:

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Lue has done an OK job this series with what he's had to work with rotation wise, but I agree it's not him that turned this series around. Jazz came back down to earth and Kawhi+PG woke up. 

Game 1 was close and Kawhi looked disinterested

Game 2 blowout. Jazz shot the lights out of the ball

Game 3 Kawhi + PG show up

Game 4 Clarkson goes cold and Kawhi+PG show up

I honestly give Lue a ton of credit for the adjustments that he has made in games 3/4. They've went small and forced Rudy to guard guys like Kawhi/George on the perimeter thus taking him away from the rim. They've also done an excellent job of keeping Rudy off the glass and forcing our guys to try and beat them off the bounce. It's a different series if Conley plays but we just don't have enough playmaking without him. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I honestly give Lue a ton of credit for the adjustments that he has made in games 3/4. They've went small and forced Rudy to guard guys like Kawhi/George on the perimeter thus taking him away from the rim. They've also done an excellent job of keeping Rudy off the glass and forcing our guys to try and beat them off the bounce. It's a different series if Conley plays but we just don't have enough playmaking without him. 

In game two, Zubac only played 13 minutes. They pretty much had a small ball lineup most of the game. Zubac played 13 minutes again in game 3.

In game 4, the Clippers started Batum at center. They also did that in game 1.

Paul George shot 4-17 in game 1.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lue is mad underrated. Because he understands this sport is chess not checkers, he takes a ton of heat. But he doesn't care about the noise and holds his lockerroom accountable and his players respect him for it. Thats even more important than being a genuis wiz kid like Brad Stevens.

Also the bubble was the most asterisk season if I've ever seen one. Doc coaching PG13 with no fans in attendance Tyler Herro playing like Michael Jordan lol the season doesn't count. Nobody with a brain should've had the Lakers as favorites over the Clippers this season, but thats what I'm here for.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Wouldn't be as bad if we didn't have a $35M All-Star PG refusing to play through a minor injury.

True. Mavs are paying 35 mil for a 7'3 guy who can't post up Reggie Jackson though.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

In game two, Zubac only played 13 minutes. They pretty much had a small ball lineup most of the game. Zubac played 13 minutes again in game 3.

In game 4, the Clippers started Batum at center. They also did that in game 1.

Paul George shot 4-17 in game 1.

Rudy had 32 rebounds and 5 blocks in the 1st two games and 18 rebounds and 2 blocks in the last two games. IIRC they've pretty much only played Zubac whenever Mitchell is on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

At least he plays good D. KP can't even do that.

Rudy Gobert has been pretty bad defensively the last two games. Ty Lue's 5 man out offense has drawn him away from the paint and he has been forced to try and guard guys like Kawhi on the perimeter. 

Assuming Mike can't play tomorrow the two biggest adjustments that I'd make if I'm Quin would be: 

1.) Incorporate some zone looks on defense. Rudy is getting dragged out to the perimeter and it pretty much negates his defensive impact and keeps him off the glass. Worth a shot to just try some zone looks and see if we can get some stops with Rudy able to help on drives. 

2.) With the Clippers switching everything defensively I'd run less Mitchell/Gobert pick-n-rolls and run more pick-n-rolls with Mitchell and either Ingles/Bogdanovic, whichever one has the worse defender guarding them. If they hedge/double Mitchell he can swing it back to an open shooter who can then either take a 3 or drive or if they let Mitchell attack and Rudy's man comes to help we can get him some easy looks around the bucket.