• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The entire team other than Don can go. Rudy's $200M contract is the worst in the history of professional sports dude is absolutely terrible. 

Wait, didn't you hear that the Jazz are the best 3P shooting team in the NBA?! They have the DPOY, the 6MOY, and there's no reason Mitchell would have to go 5v1. Where's that same energy dog?!?

I digress. Now that Kawhi and PG have woken up this series has turned. Conley coming back could spark something for the Jazz and I think they can certainly still pull this off, but the momentum has clearly shifted.

3 games series left. Gimme the Clips barring a major injury or Kawhi/PG going completely cold. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

LIS before the series, Jazz in 6 or Clips in 7. I think I ended up going with Clips in 7 but the Jazz will play better at home. 

But all the talk of Gobert being the best and most important player on the Jazz talk all season long was hilarious. Mitchell was always the guy that was going to determine how far they went and would be responsible for a lot of their offense in these types of match ups. I didn't watch the 4th quarter but through three quarters he didn't look completely right but was still doing damage. Conley needs to play ASAP or these guys are in deep trouble. Eventually you need more than one guy who could truly break down a defense and while Clarkson can at times, that man is just looking for his shot and the Jazz need more than that.

Ty Lue is just an amazing playoff coach. The way he makes adjustments series by series? Top notch! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ty Lue is just an amazing playoff coach. The way he makes adjustments series by series? Top notch! 

Not taking anything away from Lue "per se" - but it must be nice having to make adjustments with a fully healthy roster.    Makes life a bit easier.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LIS before the series, Jazz in 6 or Clips in 7. I think I ended up going with Clips in 7 but the Jazz will play better at home.

At this point, I think the best thing Utah's got going for it is their home court. That Utah crowd might reduce the Clips shooting % a bit - while putting some energy in the Jazz's performance. They were "no shows" for these last two games while the Clips were just feeling it.

You can see one huge difference between Mitchell and other elite players. When he's on and getting his, he's special. However, he doesn't do a great job of getting other players involved. Granted, some of those guys really sucked on the road, but Mitchell doesn't make the game easier for guys. Last night he was just a chucker.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think so. They're benefitting greatly by playing two teams who have no one on their rosters who have been deep in the postseason and know how to close out a playoff series. Utah played great at home, but had a meltdown and got blown out both games on the road.

I don't think the Jazz losing these last two games has anything to do with his coaching. They're just missing shots on the road that they made at home.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think so. They're benefitting greatly by playing two teams who have no one on their rosters who have been deep in the postseason and know how to close out a playoff series. Utah played great at home, but had a meltdown and got blown out both games on the road.

I don't think the Jazz losing these last two games has anything to do with his coaching. They're just missing shots on the road that they made at home.

OK.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

So Clarkson shooting 2-15 on the road by taking the same shots he was nailing at home is because of Ty Lue's coaching? Yeah, okay lol

I tend to agree with you on this. The Jazz came back down to the median as far as offensive performance in Games 3+4. Game 1 they had that 1Q stretch that was abysmal dragging the entire numbers down and the Clippers were tired from Game 7 and we saw a lackadaisical Kawhi performance; and the LAC still had a shot to pull it out.

Game 1: 40.74% FG 34% 3P

Game 2: 55.3% FG 55.1% 3P

Game 3: 42.9% FG 43.2% 3P

Game 4:  42.9% FG 42.5% 3P

Games 3+4 is more the norm. I attribute the wins more so to Utah playing on the road and Kawhi and PG3 waking up.

7 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Wait, didn't you hear that the Jazz are the best 3P shooting team in the NBA?! They have the DPOY, the 6MOY, and there's no reason Mitchell would have to go 5v1. Where's that same energy dog?!?

I digress. Now that Kawhi and PG have woken up this series has turned. Conley coming back could spark something for the Jazz and I think they can certainly still pull this off, but the momentum has clearly shifted.

3 games series left. Gimme the Clips barring a major injury or Kawhi/PG going completely cold. 

I genuinely don’t care anymore, lol. I’m a Lakers and a Rams fan now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

You can see one huge difference between Mitchell and other elite players. When he's on and getting his, he's special. However, he doesn't do a great job of getting other players involved. Granted, some of those guys really sucked on the road, but Mitchell doesn't make the game easier for guys. Last night he was just a chucker.

Mitchell had to go chucker mode because we really don’t have anyone else that can penetrate and create against their wing defenders.