Raiders sign LB Darron Lee and CB De’Vante Bausby

RaidersAreOne

No clue who Bausby is but according to PFF he played better than Arnette last season. 

Darron Lee could be a solid backup, he was one of the best coverage LB in the league in 2018 but was hurt last year. Former first round pick, only 26, and has 4.4 speed at LB. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Mayock said "we learned our lesson taking guys and asking them to transition to new positions" and then does the same thing this year with another 3rd round pick. 

well actually he said that they learn their lesson taking guys and asking them to transition to new positions in a covid year(aka with no off-season)

• Like 1

GB is know for taking big safety’s and having them switch to LB so I wouldn’t put that on Mayock. Muse for sure Diablo not so much. 

Darron Lee is an interesting guy. LB is his defense gotta do one thing and that’s run and Lee can do that. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

GB is know for taking big safety’s and having them switch to LB so I wouldn’t put that on Mayock. Muse for sure Diablo not so much. 

Darron Lee is an interesting guy. LB is his defense gotta do one thing and that’s run and Lee can do that. 

While that is true Mayock also said that they realized how difficult it is for guys to transition and make an early impact. Obviously it's early but it's not looking like a great pick at the moment. 

Lee had some moments in NY, hopefully he can provide some depth.

D57GKgHWsAAmmng.jpg:large

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

With corners I never have a problem signing more. It's such a crapshoot position, you never know who'll impress.

Yeah I think the only 3 that are guaranteed roster spots are Mullen, Arnette, and Hayward. Then you have a ton of guys like Lawson, Robertson, Hobbs, Johnson, Douglas, Nixon, etc. battling for a spot. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

While that is true Mayock also said that they realized how difficult it is for guys to transition and make an early impact. Obviously it's early but it's not looking like a great pick at the moment. 

Lee had some moments in NY, hopefully he can provide some depth.

D57GKgHWsAAmmng.jpg:large

I think Deablo was drafted to be a "rover" type player anyways. He has a nice skillset. If he's coached up I'll be surprised if he busts.