West Conference Finals: (4) Clippers vs. Suns (2)

TheRealMcCoy

Who is going to the Finals?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be _____________ in ____ .....

• Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7
    • Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/2021 at 08:30 PM

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

How did they not foul Saric 

1.  I think it was 6 possessions where LAC could have taken the lead.

2.  Saric being left to keep the ball

3.  PG's missed FT...again.

4.  Cousins' brain cramp.

All in all, LAC has to be smarting after losing this one.   

On the flip side, PHX got more rust off CP3, survived a game in which Booker fouled out for crunch time, and again had poor shooting all the way around.     LAC's not out of it since they clearly can hang with their intense D, but the road just got incredibly difficult here.

With the game 2 & 4 win, definitely feels like destiny for the Suns.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

5-20.  That's embarrassing.  He's shooting 34-95 (35.8%) from the field in the series.  The only saving grace is he's getting to the FT line.

His passing has been really good in the playoffs and he always does work on the boards.

He contributes on defense too.

But, yeah its unacceptable shooting like this. I don't blame him for being gassed though.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Clippers were always the best team in the West, and significantly better than the other LA team, but sorry the Suns went 2-0 v them when they were missing a 2nd All team NBA player who got like the 5th most MVPs votes. 

I mean, if comparing them to a hobbled Lakers' team is the barometer sure.

One observation for game 5 onwards...and the next series.   The Suns are the best team in the playoffs when they push tempo.   I get that CP3 plays it differently come playoff time....but there's a reason why PHX dismantled LAC in the 1H.   In the last 2-3 mins of the game, I get the value of ISO & PNR plays....but if they play uptempo for the entire game, IMO they're not in a tight game when there's 2-3 mins left to play.  

PHX has the D with such length to cover the perimeter (and inside with Ayton on the boards), they have the perimeter shooters, and they have the PNR with Ayton.  But what makes them different than any team is their ability to go full throttle up-tempo with 3 PG's running the show.   CP3's rust in game 3 (and LAC's suffocating D) got them to slow down - and that plays into LAC's hands.    If PHX wants to close out the Clippers on game 5 and then the East champ, keeping tempo up is key.   

In that respect, Payne being healthy is huge - it lets the Suns run the O with 3 reliable PG's for 48 mins, and often with 2 on the court at the same time.    Something to track for game 5 onwards.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Suns smoke the other LA team. We played that series with a 6ft Ben Simmons and still embarrassed them lmao

I'd put a healthy Lakers team up against any of these teams and feel good about it - but, that simply wasnt gonna happen this year.