Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

The other option is to not move him.  As I have said above.  Just sit an wait and he will have to come back at some point or give up his whole contract.  They have the leverage becasue he signed with them, if he doesnt show up they dont have to pay him and they save money but he wont sit out long IMO because these guys ave limited earning periods and he cant waste his.  

Who cares if it is public.  They all are public, they just arent usually involving a dispute to this level.  Harden pushed his way out.  AD did the same.  Those teams caved and got pennies on the dollar. 

Because it wont take long for Beal to realize this roster isnt winning anything.  Same with Lillard.  At some point those stars will want out and have a chance to compete for a championship with Philly. Or another star will want out like Fox or even Siakam or something like that who they can move him for.  They just have to sit tight until then.  I would much rather my team do that than trade him for Pat Beverly and some late 1st round picks. 

A report just came out today that he's willing to sit out the entire season if he's not traded. 

Harden/AD both kind of leaked news through their camps though whereas Simmons is really going directly to the media with information. Harden and AD still showed up, Simmons really won't play. The Pelicans received a solid package for AD with Ingram, Ball, Hart, #4 pick, and future picks. 

Lillard is under contract for 4 more years, the Blazers aren't trading him. And if Beal was going to be traded it would've happened already, he seems content to just play this season out and then enter free agency next summer. 

Based on recent reports it sounds like Simmons won't even show up unless it's a preferred destination. He said he wants to go to a team that's going to build the offense around him, lol.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A report just came out today that he's willing to sit out the entire season if he's not traded. 

Harden/AD both kind of leaked news through their camps though whereas Simmons is really going directly to the media with information. Harden and AD still showed up, Simmons really won't play. The Pelicans received a solid package for AD with Ingram, Ball, Hart, #4 pick, and future picks. 

Lillard is under contract for 4 more years, the Blazers aren't trading him. And if Beal was going to be traded it would've happened already, he seems content to just play this season out and then enter free agency next summer. 

Based on recent reports it sounds like Simmons won't even show up unless it's a preferred destination. He said he wants to go to a team that's going to build the offense around him, lol.

Those are the reports, and thats why I am saying call his bluff.  See if he really is willing to give up $33M.  Its a bold claim but until that money is real and not in your possession, its harder to sit back.  Thats my whole point. I know he says he will sit, and thats cool, but at some point he will want money over pride.  

Lillard is under contract for four years.  He isnt going anywhere unless he decides the Blazers aren't for him and he demands a trade, like Ben Simmons is doing.  I know he wants to be a Blazer but if they are sitting as the 8 or 9 seed in December, he might just want to go somewhere he can win since he is 31.  

Ben will show up wherever he gets traded IMO.  He is trying to hard ball people but again, he wants money but not in Philly. 

Call his bluff, its the only way to recover some of the value that the Sixers ruined by waiting. 

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Those are the reports, and thats why I am saying call his bluff.  See if he really is willing to give up $33M. 

He's guaranteed $17M either way, they already paid him $8.5M and have to pay him an additional $8.5M on October 1st regardless of if he shows up or not. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yet he was 2nd in the MVP voting last season. 

Irrelevant if his body always breaks down in the playoffs due to poor diet and lack of discipline. Said for years 76ers aren’t contenders the process ruined that team. Hoping OKC doesn’t do the same crap. Shai tweeted out he wants to make the playoffs this year and he came into camp looking huge the guy put on muscle.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, Kirill said:

Irrelevant if his body always breaks down in the playoffs due to poor diet and lack of discipline.

This isn't talked about enough with Embiid. You can be regular season MVP all you want, but the playoffs and into the finals is a GRIND. I honestly do not enjoy the free pass which Embiid seems to consistently enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

lol if the best the sixers can get for simmons is an injury prone LeVert.

They really screwed themselves letting it get this far.  SHould have just moved him as soon as they could and got max return for him.  Now I'd just wait until someone else decides they want out of their current situation.  THat way they can recover some of the contract with fines and then still get something in value in return.  

On 10/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

This isn't talked about enough with Embiid. You can be regular season MVP all you want, but the playoffs and into the finals is a GRIND. I honestly do not enjoy the free pass which Embiid seems to consistently enjoy.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, Kirill said:

Irrelevant if his body always breaks down in the playoffs due to poor diet and lack of discipline. Said for years 76ers aren’t contenders the process ruined that team. Hoping OKC doesn’t do the same crap. Shai tweeted out he wants to make the playoffs this year and he came into camp looking huge the guy put on muscle.

Embiid averaged 28 in the playoffs last year and 30 in the playoffs the previous year.