IND @ CIN Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

Peyton-Manning-winless-Colts-may-be-at-c

bags770766.jpg

Time to move on to next weeks game. Should be a win, but with this inconsistent team you never know. 

3 things to watch for:

1. Do we see Ross play a good amount of snaps? Now might be a good time to unleash Ross vs a weak at best Colts defense. 

2. Get the running game going. I expect a heavy run game, and a “breakout” performance from Mixon. 

3. Force some turnovers on defense. This defense has gotten sacks, but have not generated very many turnovers. That could and must change this week. 

If we don’t win this week, the season could be all but done (if it isn’t already). We are pretty much playing for that last wildcard spot at this point, unless Pittsburgh takes a huge nose dive. 

Prediction:

CIN- 31

IND- 13

Incase anybody wants to read what "I" would of posted on "my" gameday thread, here it is.

HISTORY LESSON

The Bengals are 4-8 against the Colts when playing in Cincinnati, but the Bengals have won the last 2 matchups in Cincinnati.
Last matchup – 2014 season playoffs Colts won 26-10
Last matchup in Cincinnati – 2013 season Bengals won 42-28

GAMEDAY INFO

Game time will be this Sunday 1 PM ET on CBS. Here’s the TV Map:
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=8

5 KEYS TO VICTORY

5. Pass Rush Basics – Despite how good this team has been with the pass rush this year, they failed to notch a single sack against the Steelers and that cost there defense. To their credit, the Steelers have a very good OL though, the Colts do not. There’s no excuses here to not get back on track with the pass rush that’s going to be a focal point on this team for the rest of the year.

4. Get Some Turnovers – Not only does this team still have one of the worst turnover margins, they are currently tied for dead last in defensive turnovers. This is the main reason why most people don’t realize how underrated this defense is, because they don’t have the turnovers to back it up. But again, there’s no reason why this team can’t get turnovers against a struggling Colts offense.

3. Running Game Struggles – Since we are talking about the OL, this has been a big problem largely due to the fact of the run blocking. Mixon had a very strong first half against the Steelers, having 48 yards on just 7 rush attempts, but he didn’t have any touches in the second half. Hill and Bernard both combined for 7 attempts, but didn’t even have 20 yards total. It didn’t make sense to keep Mixon in the game, but run average for this team this year is one of the worst.

2. Lazor Must Bounce Back – For the first time this season, Bill Lazor was awful. We finally saw firsthand of him abandoning the run game way too quickly, as Joe Mixon barely had any touches despite having a very productive game. The decision to not even let him play in the second half was even more mind boggling to say the least, and while I get they were losing the game the whole time, they should of chose to ran it more instead of throwing it all the time. I expect him to bounce back though, because he’s still coaching for a job next year.

1. Can You Guess – Let’s do our weekly report on the OL once again. Despite the team giving up 4 sacks against the Steelers, there were some highs and lows about the team. For the second straight game now, Jake Fisher has looked good. Believe it or not, Cedric Ogbuehi played good according to PFF anyway, as well as Boling. Ogbuehi barely played over 50 percent of snaps though. Andre Smith was bad again, despite only playing 30 snaps. Bodine and Hopkins both to nobody’s surprise were awful again.

PREDICTION

Some of you will refuse to give up on this team, because they still appear to have a chance to win the division as well as a wildcard. But right now if the season ended today, they would be tied for the 5th overall pick. Lose another game here though, and the season is definitely over. Both the Bengals and Colts have really bad offenses so it could possibly be an ugly game. But the only difference is the Colts defense is also very awful, while the Bengals still have a top 10 defense despite that showing against the Steelers. I would be very surprised if the Bengals found a way to lose this game.

Colts 23 Bengals 35

I was obviously joking on the 6-2..

If Mixon doesn't get 15+ carries in this game....The Bengals are fools (wouldn't shock me)

as 10 point favorites I expect them to win pretty easily..the Colts are terrible

and it's a home game on Sunday at 1:00.. I like that

Bengals 30-17

Don’t trust the Colts, we actually won the turnover battle last week 2-0 but got blown out. 

Our 2 wins are against the last 2 winless NFL Clubs (Cleveland and San Fran) 

outside of the Rams and Jax (blow out loses from the start), the Colts have had leads going into half or even midway through the 4 quarter and lost all but the above mentioned wins. And we didn’t beat Cle and SF by much.

We were leading Sea by 5 until they out scored us 36-3 in the second half. 

Colts will be without..... 

our best CB Rashaan Melvin/concussion (not Vontae Davis)

our best OLB John Simon (stinger) 

our short yardage back Robert Turbin/IR-elbow (was 7 for 7 on 3rd/4th and short)

that QB who we drafted in 2012, name escapes me he hasn’t played in awhile.

Rookie S Malik Hooker/IR-knee 

BUT Margus Hunt will play, so you better be ready. He’s actually played well for us on a limited basis. 

7 hours ago, stallyns said:

Don’t trust the Colts, we actually won the turnover battle last week 2-0 but got blown out. 

Our 2 wins are against the last 2 winless NFL Clubs (Cleveland and San Fran) 

outside of the Rams and Jax (blow out loses from the start), the Colts have had leads going into half or even midway through the 4 quarter and lost all but the above mentioned wins. And we didn’t beat Cle and SF by much.

We were leading Sea by 5 until they out scored us 36-3 in the second half. 

Colts will be without..... 

our best CB Rashaan Melvin/concussion (not Vontae Davis)

our best OLB John Simon (stinger) 

our short yardage back Robert Turbin/IR-elbow (was 7 for 7 on 3rd/4th and short)

that QB who we drafted in 2012, name escapes me he hasn’t played in awhile.

Rookie S Malik Hooker/IR-knee 

BUT Margus Hunt will play, so you better be ready. He’s actually played well for us on a limited basis. 

Living in Indiana, I semi follow the team, only because they dominate the sports news. 

If they really want to flip the roster, their best bet is to get healthy for next year, get a prime draft spot, and decide whether to trade a top pick for more picks, or if they choose, take a QB and trade Luck for a motherload of picks.  Ballard's  best chance to dig out of the nightmare that was Grigson.

Archived