NFC North rosters.....

vegas492

No.

Now that is out of the way.

Gimme your ranking of NFC North Division teams by group.

Give a 4 to the best unit.  3 to second best unit.  2 to the third best.  1 to the worst.

Head Coach

QB, RB (include FB), WR, TE (include H-back), OL

DL, EDGE, ILB, CB, S

Specials

Assuming #12 will suit up and play as a Packer this year.

Let's see who gets the most points.

Really, anything to quit talking about vaccines.

QB, 4 to GB, 3 to Minny, 2 to Bears, 1 to Lions.  Bears have the rookie and 2 vets.  I think that beats Goff and Boyle.  Maybe.

RB, 4 to GB, 3 to Minny, 2 to Bears, 1 to Lions.  I give GB a very, very slight edge over Minnesota based on Dillon being better than Minny's backups.  Cook and Jones are really close.

WR, 4 to Minny, 3 to GB, 2 to Bears, 1 to Lions.  Tough call between GB and Minny.  Decided not to be a homer.

TE, I think a case can be made that everyone except the Vikes could be the best.  I'll go  4 to Bears, 3 to Lions, 2 to GB and 1 to Minny.  Vikes last because Irv Smith is a receiving TE.  2 to GB because we do not have an all around TE, though I could see them being better based on Deguara.  3 to Lions on the all around skillset of Hoch.  4 to the Bears because I like Kmet, I think he is an all around TE, and they still have Graham as a receiver.

OL, Lions gets 4.  Packers get 3.  Vikes get 2.  Bears get 1.  Kindda easy.  Deckner, Sewell, Ragnow all first round picks and good.  GB has that hole at center that may have been addressed and the injury to Bakh.  Still, I think GB will be very good on the OL.

DL, Dang another tough one.  Vikes get 4 based on offseason moves and that guy playing who opted out.  I want to go Bears at 3, but they lost RRH.  I'll be a homer here and take Clark and our supporting cast at 3.  Hicks and his supporting cast for 2.  Brockers and his rookie get 1 point, but they could be much better than that.

ILB, Vikes get 4 based on Kendricks and Barr.  Just edging out Chicago, 3, Trevathan and Smith.  I don't know who the Lions really have at ILB, but they can't be worse than ours right now, they get 2.  GB gets 1 point, but it could easily be 2.

EDGE, GB gets 4.  P, Z, Gary.  Bears get 3 based on Quinn's name and Mack.  Vikes gets 2, but they could easily have gotten 3.  Lions with 1.

CB.  Another tough one.  Really tough.  Gonna be a homer.  We have the biggest stud and a first round pick who can fly.  GB 4, Minnesota 3.  Bears 2, losing Fuller hurts.  Lions with 1.

S.  Kindda easy at the top.  GB gets 4.  Minnesota gets 3.  Bears get 2.  Lions with 1.  Could flip flop Bears and Minnesota, but I do love me some Harrison Smith.

Specials.  Kickers are what counts.  GB with 4.  Then it's whomever.  Bears 3.  Lions 2.  Vikes 1.

Coach.  GB gets 4.  Minnesota 3.  Lions 2 (anyone is better than Nagy).  Bears 1.

Final Scores:

GB=40

Vikes=33

Bears=27

Lions=21

Gonna admit to homering a few of those scores for GB.  Some were really close.

16 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can somebody tell me why everyone is so high on Minnesota? 

Old secondary 

one pass rusher 

s***** QB

Thielan is 30

subpar O-line 

It’s mind bottling to me . 

I can tell you why I'm high on Minnesota.  Second best QB in the division, best if #12 doesn't play.  It's fun to bag on Cousins, but he's a good QB.  Especially considering what else is in the division.

Great RB, two great WR's, one beast of a pass rusher, great ILB, invested in a lot in the DL, brought in vets to lock down the secondary.

Team is legit.  Their o-line is still suspect to me, losing Reiff hurts a lot.  Darrisaw could very well be a good rookie, but he won't be at Reiff's level for a year or two.

Regarding Thielan....he's aging like fine wine.  Much respect for him.

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

In theory this seems like a good idea, then I looked at how much work you put into it. Put together a copy and paste spreadsheet and I'm in. 

QB:  4, 3, 2, 1

RB:  4, 3, 2, 1

WR: 4, 3, 2, 1

TE: 4, 3, 2, 1

OL: 4, 3, 2, 1

DL: 4, 3, 2, 1

ILB: 4, 3, 2, 1

EDGE:  4, 3, 2, 1

CB:  4, 3, 2, 1

S:  4, 3 2, 1

Add em up.

Specials: 4, 3, 2, 1

Coach:  4, 3, 2, 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I can tell you why I'm high on Minnesota.  Second best QB in the division, best if #12 doesn't play.  It's fun to bag on Cousins, but he's a good QB.  Especially considering what else is in the division.

Great RB, two great WR's, one beast of a pass rusher, great ILB, invested in a lot in the DL, brought in vets to lock down the secondary.

Team is legit.  Their o-line is still suspect to me, losing Reiff hurts a lot.  Darrisaw could very well be a good rookie, but he won't be at Reiff's level for a year or two.

Regarding Thielan....he's aging like fine wine.  Much respect for him.

Cousins is slightly above average who historically struggles vs good teams. 

Theilan is going to be 31 before the season and has showed signs of regression. 

They invested in the DL but still only have one pass rusher. 

Patrick Peterson as your number 1 CB in 2021 is not what you want. Breeland os fine but there’s a reason why nobody has kept him long term. Smith is still good, but also regressing due to age. 

I don’t trust teams relying on a RB. If Cook goes down , I think the offense is toast. 

Not saying they’re a bad team, they’re probably a 7-9  win team, maybe 10 if everything goes right. It would be a team I wouldn’t mind playing in the playoffs . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Cousins is slightly above average who historically struggles vs good teams. 

Theilan is going to be 31 before the season and has showed signs of regression. 

They invested in the DL but still only have one pass rusher. 

Patrick Peterson as your number 1 CB in 2021 is not what you want. Breeland os fine but there’s a reason why nobody has kept him long term. Smith is still good, but also regressing due to age. 

I don’t trust teams relying on a RB. If Cook goes down , I think the offense is toast. 

Not saying they’re a bad team, they’re probably a 7-9  win team, maybe 10 if everything goes right. It would be a team I wouldn’t mind playing in the playoffs . 

I do not disagree with any of that.

Outside of Rodgers, for 2021, who do you want at QB?  Goff, Foles, Dalton, Boyle or Fields?  Cousins is the second best in the division.  Maybe top 10-13ish in the league.

Peterson and Breeland are not what you want, but they are better than what Minnesota had last year.  Better than the Lions, maybe better than the Bears without Fuller, and I'll take GB just because Jaire is that good.

Much respect for Theilen.  He's a savvy vet.  And he's gonna produce.  I feel the same way about Harrison Smith.  Jefferson hasn't reached his full potential yet and he's already a stud.

If their o-line is improved, that can be a very good team.  But that is a really big "if".  And I still think their coach will cost them a game or two.  But within the division, outside of MLF, would you rather have Zimmer, Nagy or Campbell?

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I do not disagree with any of that.

Outside of Rodgers, for 2021, who do you want at QB?  Goff, Foles, Dalton, Boyle or Fields?  Cousins is the second best in the division.  Maybe top 10-13ish in the league.

Peterson and Breeland are not what you want, but they are better than what Minnesota had last year.  Better than the Lions, maybe better than the Bears without Fuller, and I'll take GB just because Jaire is that good.

Much respect for Theilen.  He's a savvy vet.  And he's gonna produce.  I feel the same way about Harrison Smith.  Jefferson hasn't reached his full potential yet and he's already a stud.

If their o-line is improved, that can be a very good team.  But that is a really big "if".  And I still think their coach will cost them a game or two.  But within the division, outside of MLF, would you rather have Zimmer, Nagy or Campbell?

I think they’re clearly the second best team in The North. I just do not see them as a threat .

Im really bearish on them long term. I think they have a lot of key players at the tail end of their prime/past their prime . 

I’m really interested in seeing how Cook responds to 300 plus touches in 14 games . Like Aaron Jones, it doesn’t seem like the best strategy for their longevity/ them producing to the best of their ability if they’re the bellcow back . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think they’re clearly the second best team in The North. I just do not see them as a threat .

Im really bearish on them long term. I think they have a lot of key players at the tail end of their prime/past their prime . 

I’m really interested in seeing how Cook responds to 300 plus touches in 14 games . Like Aaron Jones, it doesn’t seem like the best strategy for their longevity/ them producing to the best of their ability if they’re the bellcow back . 

How do you see them if #12 doesn't play for us?