NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Yet while Portland’s Damian Lillard and Washington’s Bradley Beal both appear to be in their respective holding patterns when it comes to possibly requesting a trade, it’s looking increasingly likely that Philadelphia’s Ben Simmons will be on the move. One source close to the situation handicapped Miami, Toronto and Washington as the most likely landing spots. The Wizards scenario, of course, would only take place if Beal wound up deciding that it was time for a new chapter outside of the nation’s capital. The moving parts, as you can see, are sometimes part of the same puzzle.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Wizards receive: Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, Shake Milton, #28, 2023 1st (unprotected), 2025 1st round pick swap

76ers receive: Brad Beal

Then put the full court press on Derrick Rose to chase dat ring.

Unless Beal forced his way to the 76ers there are likely much better offers out there for Beal.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Unless Beal forced his way to the 76ers there are likely much better offers out there for Beal.

Beal reportedly has 3 preferred landing spots: Boston, Philadelphia, and Golden State. 

Unless Boston is going to include Brown in the deal the most valuable asset they can offer is Marcus Smart, who's on an expiring deal and unlikely to resign with Washington. 

If the Warriors offered Wiggins, Wiseman, and both lottery picks that could be a better deal. But Wiggins is also on a short term contract so they'll have to overpay him if they plan on keeping him. So it'd really come down to how they view Wiseman and the #7/#14 picks. 

I understand that Simmons trade value has taken a dip after his playoff shoot woes. But he's still a 25 year old, 3x All-Star, that has been both All-NBA and All-NBA defense, while finishing 2nd in DPOY voting this year. Plus the Wizards would have him under control for the next 4 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Beal reportedly has 3 preferred landing spots: Boston, Philadelphia, and Golden State. 

Unless Boston is going to include Brown in the deal the most valuable asset they can offer is Marcus Smart, who's on an expiring deal and unlikely to resign with Washington. 

If the Warriors offered Wiggins, Wiseman, and both lottery picks that could be a better deal. But Wiggins is also on a short term contract so they'll have to overpay him if they plan on keeping him. So it'd really come down to how they view Wiseman and the #7/#14 picks. 

I understand that Simmons trade value has taken a dip after his playoff shoot woes. But he's still a 25 year old, 3x All-Star, that has been both All-NBA and All-NBA defense, while finishing 2nd in DPOY voting this year. Plus the Wizards would have him under control for the next 4 seasons. 

I'm higher on Simmons than most, but that offer is basically Simmons plus a bunch of late first round picks.  I would much prefer the Warriors offer and I'd also call the Pelicans and ask if they'd put a deal involving Brandon Ingram together (stole this idea from Bill Simmons podcast).