Bears sign Jesse James

beardown3231

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Nothing more than a camp body. He doesn't bring anything else that we don't already have.

Are you talking about James. If you are I think he offers significantly more than Holtz or Horsted, and he has actually produced some in the NFL. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Are you talking about James. If you are I think he offers significantly more than Holtz or Horsted, and he has actually produced some in the NFL. 

I still have a soft spot for Horstead...but that doesn't mean that you're not, essentially, right. James probably sticks as TE#3. 

45 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Fields is finding out that he likes him.  Personally I like the idea of having yet another 6'7" TE who can block and catch.  Comparing this TE unit to what we had two years ago is like comparing a 3 peace silk suit to a polyester leisure suit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This guy keeps getting mentioned in practice write ups.

I know we have heard this story before.   But worth noticing for now I guess.

It would be a fun (stupid kind) activity to get the jersey of every training camp darling from each offseason.  Probably the highlight would be a Tanner Gentry. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It would be a fun (stupid kind) activity to get the jersey of every training camp darling from each offseason.  Probably the highlight would be a Tanner Gentry. 

Bears beat writers were really hyping that guy.

I think it shows that 1 on 1 WR/DB drills or 7 on 7s really aren't that meaningful.  Not meaningless, but not meaningful.  

I remember in 80s they would have national champion flag football team play an NFL all star team in flag football.   And the flag football team would win most of time and people would be amazed.  I think they stopped doing it because the flag football team was winning.  That wasn't supposed to happen.  

They would say these aren't even college players and they are beating NFL all stars and hall of famers.  What gives?

Flag football, 7 on 7, 1 on 1, any Passing league football is not the same thing as tackle football.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Bears beat writers were really hyping that guy.

I think it shows that 1 on 1 WR/DB drills or 7 on 7s really aren't that meaningful.  Not meaningless, but not meaningful.  

I remember in 80s they would have national champion flag football team play an NFL all star team in flag football.   And the flag football team would win most of time and people would be amazed.  I think they stopped doing it because the flag football team was winning.  That wasn't supposed to happen.  

They would say these aren't even college players and they are beating NFL all stars and hall of famers.  What gives?

Flag football, 7 on 7, 1 on 1, any Passing league football is not the same thing as tackle football.   

My whole thing with Tanner Gentry at time was, if beat writer evaluations were to be trusted which obviously we have learned that they are not, if a guy is the best player in practice he should get a shot to play.   

Regardless of where he was drafted or not drafted.  I still hold to that premise.  

But Gentry was plainly overrated by the guys watching the practices who have demonstrated they don't really know what they are looking at.

I wish they would stream the bloody things so we could judge for ourselves.

• Like 1