Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

If we can trade Pryor for Martavis Bryant  we should as I think it was HTTR said in the gamedar Thread. We’ll probably have to throw in a conditional pick as well but we should do it if we can.

As someone said, Pryor & Antonio Brown worked out this offseason and are close, that could help aid with that trade.

Bryant would be a clear cut #1 for us. He’s what we hoped Pryor would be for us this year.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If we can trade Pryor for Martavis Bryant  we should as I think it was HTTR said in the gamedar Thread. We’ll probably have to throw in a conditional pick as well but we should do it if we can.

As someone said, Pryor & Antonio Brown worked out this offseason and are close, that could help aid with that trade.

Bryant would be a clear cut #1 for us. He’s what we hoped Pryor would be for us this year.

You'd certainly have to sweeten the deal for Bryant. Young and under a cheap contract for another full season.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Tomlin once again Just reiterated that they will not trade Martavis Bryant because they’ve invested too much in him. 

Plus nobody is going to trade anything for a guy that's one slip up away from being out of the league. He has no value. No one is going to offer them anything. 

32 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You'd certainly have to sweeten the deal for Bryant. Young and under a cheap contract for another full season.

He's coming off a year long suspension and he's demanding a trade.  I don't think we'd have to give up very much.  Pryor alone should be enough.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He's coming off a year long suspension and he's demanding a trade.  I don't think we'd have to give up very much.  Pryor alone should be enough.  

Yea you're wrong, but that's fine to disagree.

This is just radio talk that is totally speculation but people in New England would like to trade for him. I just don't think any move is very realistic. Trades just aren't that big in the NFL like other sports. His contract isn't bad at all so I wouldn't want to get rid of him unless we got either another player with equal upside or at least a 3rd rounder. I doubt we'd get a third rounder for a 2 month rental. 

I would.  Based on his performance this year, taking him out of the lineup likely wouldn't hurt the offence any, and he's not going to be back next year either way.  If we could get an asset that could help us down the road, then we should do it.  If we could get Martavis or Hyde, then great.  But I have to wonder why either Pittsburgh or SF would make that move.

Trading Pryor if you can seems like a no brainer to me.

I think you hold on to him. I don't think we get anything for him in a trade worth getting.

If he walks next year, use that contract to either get a pick or offset a signing. Or you bring him back cheaper, see if he continues to develop.

Why not trade him back to Cleveland?  He had his success there, they have plenty of cap room and they need a WR more than any other team in the league right now. 

Trading him to Pittsburgh makes no sense from Pittsburgh's perspective.  Martavis Bryant may have demanded a trade, but he's signed through 2018 (wheras Pryor is not) and his salary is a fraction of Pryor's.

Just now, Crickett said:

Why not trade him back to Cleveland?  He had his success there, they have plenty of cap room and they need a WR more than any other team in the league right now. 

Trading him to Pittsburgh makes no sense from Pittsburgh's perspective.  Martavis Bryant may have demanded a trade, but he's signed through 2018 (wheras Pryor is not) and his salary is a fraction of Pryor's.

Cleveland didn't want to pay him this offseason, now they're going to give up something in a trade for him and then have to pay him when the seasons over?

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you hold on to him. I don't think we get anything for him in a trade worth getting.

If he walks next year, use that contract to either get a pick or offset a signing. Or you bring him back cheaper, see if he continues to develop.

I think there's zero chance he comes back next year after we just benched him.  Problem is he's likely not to get a big contract from anyone, so getting a comp pick probably won't happen.

Archived