Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Why wouldn't we? Plenty of teams would want someone like Brown, Cousins, or Breeland. You may not get the premium pick you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure Jacksonville would be interested. They have a great defense and a good running game, but garbage QB play. Cousins on their team gets them the division. Denver and Houston would be interested too.

Teams generally don’t trade for players on one year deals because there is no guarantee they’ll re-sign with them.

I don’t disagree with everyone that I’d love to trade a guy for a pick or a starter who may have longer than one year left on their deal but I don’t think it happens.

Also, we are 3-3, people are overreacting because we lost to two of the he’s the teams in the NFL’s 3 times.  

Just now, turtle28 said:

Teams generally don’t trade for players on one year deals because there is no guarantee they’ll re-sign with them.

I don’t disagree with everyone that I’d love to trade a guy for a pick or a starter who may have longer than one year left on their deal but I don’t think it happens.

Also, we are 3-3, people are overreacting because we lost to two of the he’s the teams in the NFL’s 3 times.  

No one is overreacting. The Eagles have the division in hand. This is an 8 win team. 8 wins will not get you to the playoffs.

Cousins isn't re-signing here. Not without a tremendous overpay that will basically cripple the team's cap. We've already seen he needs premium talent around him. This team's ownership is dysfunctional. Trade him now while you can still get something for him.

Just now, Slateman said:

No one is overreacting. The Eagles have the division in hand. This is an 8 win team. 8 wins will not get you to the playoffs.

Cousins isn't re-signing here. Not without a tremendous overpay that will basically cripple the team's cap. We've already seen he needs premium talent around him. This team's ownership is dysfunctional. Trade him now while you can still get something for him.

Why would we trade him when we'll get a 3rd round comp pick when he leaves anyways?  

Just now, turtle28 said:

I understand that but I don’t think they’re going to kill their own cap in the next few years just to lock up Cousins, even the 49ers.

Teams like the 49ers and Browns have like $100 mil in cap space and nothing to lose.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Teams can structure the contract to make it difficult for us to match.

Well the good thing there is we would have the most cap space I. The league but honestly if he doesn’t want to sign a fair deal let him go!!! I like Kirk want him here I can’t stress that enough!!! But we can praise McVay but I think Gruden has been just as helpful to Kirk as McVay!!! But Gruden also asks Kirk to make more plays that are on Kirk which are plays it takes to win. I like Kirk but he can do what’s best for himself but I’m not giving him top 3 money without him proving he can win games without everyone else playing perfect!!!!

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Teams like the 49ers and Browns have like $100 mil in cap space and nothing to lose.  

I know that, but I believe we have 50 or so. What are they going to do pay him all his guranteed money in the firstborn two years and have the cap hit for Couins be $40 million or more for those two years? I doubt it, they have to field a team also. 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Well the good thing there is we would have the most cap space I. The league but honestly if he doesn’t want to sign a fair deal let him go!!! I like Kirk want him here I can’t stress that enough!!! But we can praise McVay but I think Gruden has been just as helpful to Kirk as McVay!!! But Gruden also asks Kirk to make more plays that are on Kirk which are plays it takes to win. I like Kirk but he can do what’s best for himself but I’m not giving him top 3 money without him proving he can win games without everyone else playing perfect!!!!

Well if you let him walk you're likely looking at rebuilding again.  We'd have to pull the trigger on another rookie QB in the draft, and possibly spend more draft picks to move up for one.  It'll probably take 2-3 years before we can even tell whether the new kid is any good.  Gruden would have a high probability of getting fired during this period by our trigger happy owner.  You're basically looking at all out turmoil again.  

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

In all fairness, in the last 4 years Kirk has won this team 21 games and the Washington Redskins NEVER play perfect, particularly on defense except for the Raiders game this year and our running game hasn’t helped him much except for a handful of games Inn 3 years.  

Archived