Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

On 10/27/2017 at 8:54 AM, ripsean21 said:

And I get that and I’m a big Kirk supporter but he is also the player I’m going to grade the hardest. I know he can put up amazing numbers. What I want is the impact of those numbers to translate into wins. I understand he isn’t going to see every wide open WR or TE. But I need Kirk to throw the ball like the KC game. I understand our line is hurt and that is affecting the ability to take shots. But he has to eventually take some. I would never blame Kirk for a CB making a excellent play trying to give a WR a chance to make a play. His old bonehead INT’s were his issue I had with INT’s where he just made horrible reads and threw right into a CB’s hands. Regardless of anything this team has proven with a focus on building the lines we can be competitive. Now if we can just get these guys healthy and keep pace you never know what could happen. But we can’t keep losing 4 starters a week like we have been! And Kirk is going to have to win us some games. 

Kirk almost beat KC!! Kirk Lost the Eagles that throw was on him not one play wins or loses a game but we need him to make that play. We haven’t had a QB who just makes that play when we need it most. I know he can!! It’s time too see it. Kirk is a heck of a player. I want to see him step up and be the guy who rips it, and puts this team on his back because we’ve seen flashes. It’s time for him to flip the switch that’s all I’m saying

not even drew brees can carry his team.

Just now, mar29020 said:

pryor needs to be coached up. it isnt lack of talent

He has raw athleticism and size. He does not currently have talent as a WR. Yes, you can in theory coach him up ... but not in the middle of the season. He is what he is, and what he is is not something that helps this franchise right now. He is a net negative for the team.

This could give us the deep threat we need... and he's also so much more with the right QB.

Talk of a possible T.Y. Hilton trade intensifies

Now that the Colts have fallen to 2-6 (and likely won’t be able to get up, at least for the rest of this year), it’s time to consider flipping current assets for future picks. And, as mentioned earlier today, receiver T.Y. Hilton remains a possible target for a trade.

Multiple sources have now told PFT that the Colts are willing to move Hilton. However, the Colts won’t want to simply give him away. Moreover, Hilton (we’re told) won’t be inclined to renegotiate a contract that pays him a salary of $8 million this year, $11 million next year, and $13 million in 2019. He also prefers to stay in Indy.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

He has raw athleticism and size. He does not currently have talent as a WR. Yes, you can in theory coach him up ... but not in the middle of the season. He is what he is, and what he is is not something that helps this franchise right now. He is a net negative for the team.

how did Cleveland get 1000 yards out of him then?

15 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This could give us the deep threat we need... and he's also so much more with the right QB.

Talk of a possible T.Y. Hilton trade intensifies

Now that the Colts have fallen to 2-6 (and likely won’t be able to get up, at least for the rest of this year), it’s time to consider flipping current assets for future picks. And, as mentioned earlier today, receiver T.Y. Hilton remains a possible target for a trade.

Multiple sources have now told PFT that the Colts are willing to move Hilton. However, the Colts won’t want to simply give him away. Moreover, Hilton (we’re told) won’t be inclined to renegotiate a contract that pays him a salary of $8 million this year, $11 million next year, and $13 million in 2019. He also prefers to stay in Indy.

I'd be down for this.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Who are you kidding? It would be a horrible deal for the Colts.

Neither do I. Do you have a reference as to where Hilton's apparently on the block?

Yea but than again the colts dumb the salary for a one year deal for Pryor we probably give them a 4th pick to but Hilton a good wideout .

very fast to 

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Colts are "willing to move" T.Y. Hilton ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM ET trade deadline.
Hilton is under contract through 2020 at salaries of $8 million this year, $11 million in 2018, $13 million in 2019, and more than $14 million in 2020. GM Chris Ballard isn't the one who drafted or extended Hilton, so there's some chatter Hilton could be available at the right price. But word is Hilton wants to stay in Indy, and he won't renegotiate his contract. Ballard also doesn't want to just give Hilton away. It would likely take an early mid-round pick. Hilton is having a career-worst season without Andrew Luck (shoulder) and has just 61 yards over his last three. Oct 29 - 6:27 PM

also Calvin Johnson might be on the block 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Colts are "willing to move" T.Y. Hilton ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM ET trade deadline.

Odds on him moving in ~27 hours are slim.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

also Calvin Johnson might be on the block 

And is likely not in game shape.

17 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

how did Cleveland get 1000 yards out of him then?

I have no idea. How did a 1000 yard receiver become a guy who can barely catch the ball and doesn't seem to want to run half of the route tree?

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I have no idea. How did a 1000 yard receiver become a guy who can barely catch the ball and doesn't seem to want to run half of the route tree?

I think he should mentally not there. Before he had nothing to lose .. this time he has a better qb a bigger city and he hyped him self up so it's completely a mental thing .

On an unrelated note (not sure where else to put it), Mack Brown was claimed by the Vikings off waivers, a team we play in two weeks.  You better believe they'll be wringing out every last detail of our offense from him, similar to what Philly did with Sudfield.  Expect the Vikings to anticipate everything we do before we do it like the Eagles did.

Archived