Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

On 10/25/2017 at 2:13 PM, ripsean21 said:

I get that but that’s like saying we’ve had a winning record 2 yearslike we won half the games we played!!!! I like Kirk!!!! I want him to win it!!!!  I want him here!!! But idc about numbers.i care about him making pre snap audibles. I want him to win us games and not just manage us too them. I want him to have these players on offense aware. When we have a ticket tacky gift get too the line and run a play. Take shots. These receivers aren’t going to get better getting 3 balls a game because he checks down and throws tight throw chances away. I get not completely trusting guys but you have too keep throwing. Like nobody blamed Wentz last year. Nobody will blame Kirk if his guys just don’t make plays. We know he can pas the box score test pass the leader eye test

Teams wins games, not just quarterbacks. If you don’t understand that then I don’t know what else to say.

For example, in 2 of our 3 losses this year Kirk has played good, arguably even great yet our 2nd year - basically rookie WR - dropped what should have been the game winning TD and our defense has fallen apart mostly because of injury in those two games as well.

Last time I checked, Kirk Cousins hasn’t played defense or running back the last 3 years and I don’t want to hear the crap that he makes too much $ and that’s why. The Redskins front office and coaches decided they didn’t need the best running back they’ve had since Portis - that’s not Kirk’s fault either - and they could have drafted other RBs besides Matt Jones and Keith Marshall the last 3 years but didn’t.

There’s so many things that most of us in this forum wanted the front office to do the last 3 years to build a better team around Kirk but they didn’t.

They’re going to take a major step back if he’s gone and all of his detractors will be saying they want him back as he’s shredding other teams up and our offense is struggling to put up 20 points a game again like it did for most of this century.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Teams wins games, not just quarterbacks. If you don’t understand that then I don’t know what else to say.

For example, in 2 of our 3 losses this year Kirk has played good, arguably even great yet our 2nd year - basically rookie WR - dropped what should have been the game winning TD and our defense has fallen apart mostly because of injury in those two games as well.

Last time I checked, Kirk Cousins hasn’t played defense or running back the last 3 years and I don’t want to hear the crap that he makes too much $ and that’s why. The Redskins front office and coaches decided they didn’t need the best running back they’ve had since Portis - that’s not Kirk’s fault either - and they could have drafted other RBs besides Matt Jones and Keith Marshall the last 3 years but didn’t.

There’s so many things that most of us in this forum wanted the front office to do the last 3 years to build a better team around Kirk but they didn’t.

They’re going to take a major step back if he’s gone and all of his detractors will be saying they want him back as he’s shredding other teams up and our offense is struggling to put up 20 points a game again like it did for most of this century.

And I get that and I’m a big Kirk supporter but he is also the player I’m going to grade the hardest. I know he can put up amazing numbers. What I want is the impact of those numbers to translate into wins. I understand he isn’t going to see every wide open WR or TE. But I need Kirk to throw the ball like the KC game. I understand our line is hurt and that is affecting the ability to take shots. But he has to eventually take some. I would never blame Kirk for a CB making a excellent play trying to give a WR a chance to make a play. His old bonehead INT’s were his issue I had with INT’s where he just made horrible reads and threw right into a CB’s hands. Regardless of anything this team has proven with a focus on building the lines we can be competitive. Now if we can just get these guys healthy and keep pace you never know what could happen. But we can’t keep losing 4 starters a week like we have been! And Kirk is going to have to win us some games. 

Kirk almost beat KC!! Kirk Lost the Eagles that throw was on him not one play wins or loses a game but we need him to make that play. We haven’t had a QB who just makes that play when we need it most. I know he can!! It’s time too see it. Kirk is a heck of a player. I want to see him step up and be the guy who rips it, and puts this team on his back because we’ve seen flashes. It’s time for him to flip the switch that’s all I’m saying

On 10/24/2017 at 1:00 PM, lavar703 said:

Plus nobody is going to trade anything for a guy that's one slip up away from being out of the league. He has no value. No one is going to offer them anything. 

So we would essentially take Bryant out of Pittsburgh to a city like D.C.? 

Yeah, he wouldn't last 2 weeks without finding trouble. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

And I get that and I’m a big Kirk supporter but he is also the player I’m going to grade the hardest. I know he can put up amazing numbers. What I want is the impact of those numbers to translate into wins. I understand he isn’t going to see every wide open WR or TE. But I need Kirk to throw the ball like the KC game. I understand our line is hurt and that is affecting the ability to take shots. But he has to eventually take some. I would never blame Kirk for a CB making a excellent play trying to give a WR a chance to make a play. His old bonehead INT’s were his issue I had with INT’s where he just made horrible reads and threw right into a CB’s hands. Regardless of anything this team has proven with a focus on building the lines we can be competitive. Now if we can just get these guys healthy and keep pace you never know what could happen. But we can’t keep losing 4 starters a week like we have been! And Kirk is going to have to win us some games. 

Kirk almost beat KC!! Kirk Lost the Eagles that throw was on him not one play wins or loses a game but we need him to make that play. We haven’t had a QB who just makes that play when we need it most. I know he can!! It’s time too see it. Kirk is a heck of a player. I want to see him step up and be the guy who rips it, and puts this team on his back because we’ve seen flashes. It’s time for him to flip the switch that’s all I’m saying

Team game. Unless your name is Brady, this game is too difficult to play as a single person and expect wins to come that easy. 

The point of trading for Bryant is to get something tangible for Pryor. Pryor is going to be gone after this year unless lightning strikes and he and Kirk find chemistry and become indefensible the 2nd half of the season.

bryant only makes $700 k. If he gets in trouble so what? Then, he’ll b gone! Pryor is almost assuredly gone after this year anyways. 

Its a low risk/high reward trade.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The point of trading for Bryant is to get something tangible for Pryor. Pryor is going to be gone after this year unless lightning strikes and he and Kirk find chemistry and become indefensible the 2nd half of the season.

bryant only makes $700 k. If he gets in trouble so what? Then, he’ll b gone! Pryor is almost assuredly gone after this year anyways. 

Its a low risk/high reward trade.

I understand that, but in this case, trading for Bryant is going to take a pick or two, and that is something we cannot afford. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I understand that, but in this case, trading for Bryant is going to take a pick or two, and that is something we cannot afford. 

I think it would take a conditional draft pick and Pryor. The reason the steelers probably won't trade Bryant are the same reasons most of us want him. He's extremely talented and cheap, but he has those off the field issues which will make teams not want to give up multiple picks for him and he's been a cancer for the steelers this year which hurts his trade value too.

He deserves to be benched or cut. You can’t win with a guy who drops easy passes and is afraid to stretch out over the middle. Bring up the kid from practice squad who showed well last year or the rookie

i heard The announcer say we have one of the worst receiving cores in the nfl and have to agree

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

He deserves to be benched or cut. You can’t win with a guy who drops easy passes and is afraid to stretch out over the middle. Bring up the kid from practice squad who showed well last year or the rookie

i heard The announcer say we have one of the worst receiving cores in the nfl and have to agree

Maurice Harris. Also, wouldn't mind seeing more of Quick. Cooley said we should run 2 TEs every down, and even 3 with Paul as an H-back there or at FB and I agree. Our best receiving option is Reed, our 2nd best is a toss up between the Terp &  the lil Nole. Paul has the ability to stretch the field in a poor mans version of Vernon Davis, getting Paul in some match ups vs LBs and SS's in a mismatch as well. 

Ty Hilton on the block the colts don't want him. With our issues the colts want a mid round pick and Hilton can be that deep threat to replace Jackson .

pryor for Hilton wouldn't be a bad deal for both teams .

actually idk why the colts are trying to get rid of Hilton .... 

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

pryor for Hilton wouldn't be a bad deal for both teams .

Who are you kidding? It would be a horrible deal for the Colts.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

actually idk why the colts are trying to get rid of Hilton ...

Neither do I. Do you have a reference as to where Hilton's apparently on the block?

On 10/28/2017 at 8:29 AM, turtle28 said:

Maurice Harris.

He's a guy, with some possible upside.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing more of Quick.

He, on the other hand, is just a guy. No upside there.

Cooley said we should run 2 TEs every down, and even 3 with Paul as an H-back there or at FB and I agree.

Given that we now only have two healthy TEs, that's going to be a bit tricky. Upside: hey, we'll now use our 2017 5th round draft pick!

Our best receiving option is Reed, our 2nd best is a toss up between the Terp &  the lil Nole. Paul has the ability to stretch the field in a poor mans version of Vernon Davis, getting Paul in some match ups vs LBs and SS's in a mismatch as well. 

Too bad we don't have half of those options anymore ...

Archived