Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

On an unrelated note (not sure where else to put it), Mack Brown was claimed by the Vikings off waivers, a team we play in two weeks.  You better believe they'll be wringing out every last detail of our offense from him, similar to what Philly did with Sudfield.  Expect the Vikings to anticipate everything we do before we do it like the Eagles did.

To be fair, it doesn't really matter. We aren't making the playoffs anyway. May as well lose as many as we can. 

9 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This could give us the deep threat we need... and he's also so much more with the right QB.

Talk of a possible T.Y. Hilton trade intensifies

Now that the Colts have fallen to 2-6 (and likely won’t be able to get up, at least for the rest of this year), it’s time to consider flipping current assets for future picks. And, as mentioned earlier today, receiver T.Y. Hilton remains a possible target for a trade.

Multiple sources have now told PFT that the Colts are willing to move Hilton. However, the Colts won’t want to simply give him away. Moreover, Hilton (we’re told) won’t be inclined to renegotiate a contract that pays him a salary of $8 million this year, $11 million next year, and $13 million in 2019. He also prefers to stay in Indy.

I would do this. Trade them Pryor and a 4th.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

He has raw athleticism and size. He does not currently have talent as a WR. Yes, you can in theory coach him up ... but not in the middle of the season. He is what he is, and what he is is not something that helps this franchise right now. He is a net negative for the team.

Correct. And right now, Pryor doesn't have the instinctual intricacies of the position that you get after playing it for yea rs. Cooley has talked a great deal about this in terms of how the receivers need to stem the routes and force the DBs to play off the way they want them to depending upon the route

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So assuming Pryor, what would it take? Him + a 4th?

Idk.  Hard to tell with some of the deals that have gone down.  Everything I've read is they aren't going to dump him.  I'm not sure they'd even want Pryor.  Probably looking at a 2nd round pick.  

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Idk.  Hard to tell with some of the deals that have gone down.  Everything I've read is they aren't going to dump him.  I'm not sure they'd even want Pryor.  Probably looking at a 2nd round pick.  

Probably a third rounder but idk why colts would give him away .

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Who knows maybe today he finally shows up man

sooner or later Pryor will have to have a breakout game 

The only way this makes sense is if they bring him back next year. I can't imagine they're going to do that. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The only way this makes sense is if they bring him back next year. I can't imagine they're going to do that. 

I️ think they will. This year is essentially him learning the system and the ins and outs of our route tree and the language. He will get it at some point. It takes time for WR’s to translate to systems more so then any other position outside of QB. I still think with time Pryor and Josh will be better then what we had. We got younger. Yes we have some trials but we got younger and we got a good group of talent. It’s about translating that talent to the position. 

Archived